Relocating to Orange County CA

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 09:59 AM
AKawasaki
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Relocating to Orange County CA

Hello all,

Due to company shut down and luck finding a new position, my wife and I will be relocating from Rockville MD to Cypress CA (or somewhere in the Orange County CA area once we settle on a new home).

I noticed there are quite a few Porsche dealerships/service centers in the Orange County CA area. I would appreciate member feedback regarding which of these are recommended in terms of servicing and their willingness to work with and champion their clients with Porsche on the blurred line that defines warranty coverage. Many thanks.
Old 10-17-2018, 10:09 AM
goin2drt
Race Car

Received 679 Likes on 373 Posts

No one better than Mel over at McKenna Porsche for service. Trust me. Try him once and you will never go anywhere else. How do I know. I have referred about 20-30 folks from our PCA to him and everyone says the same. Top notch.
Old 10-17-2018, 08:13 PM
vodkag
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by goin2drt
No one better than Mel over at McKenna Porsche for service. Trust me. Try him once and you will never go anywhere else. How do I know. I have referred about 20-30 folks from our PCA to him and everyone says the same. Top notch.
+1 mckenna is your best bet. I think Mel is the srv manager. Bryce is my SA and he is great to say the least .
Old 10-17-2018, 11:50 PM
keithgreer
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

The previous posters are probably right. That would be closest to you. I have tried Irvine Porsche and used Newport Porsche for many years. Newport is a VERY small dealership and doesn't have much capacity. Irvine is nice and new but they are still working the kinks out of their service department.
Old 10-18-2018, 06:33 PM
AKawasaki
Advanced

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Many thanks all. I was previously told California was one of the biggest Porsche markets, but was still surprised at the number of dealerships. All of your feedback is appreciated.
Old 10-18-2018, 06:36 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,265 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by AKawasaki
Many thanks all. I was previously told California was one of the biggest Porsche markets, but was still surprised at the number of dealerships. All of your feedback is appreciated.
Haha. Wait til you get a taste of the car culture on a everyday/every week basis.

Congrats on the new position + move, and welcome to the Golden State....
Old 10-18-2018, 09:20 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

Speaking beyond dealerships:

A few of the things I miss from my time there 20+ years ago: Ortega Highway, Palomar Mountain Road, Los Angeles Crest Highway... just to name a few. When you find yourself looking to escape from the traffic, some very early morning weekend drives on those should help you recover. (Unless those 20 years have radically changed something). And there's some really great mountain roads several hours further north too!

I hope you enjoy your new world!
Old 04-14-2020, 03:50 PM
kingerm
Instructor

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by vodkag
+1 mckenna is your best bet. I think Mel is the srv manager. Bryce is my SA and he is great to say the least .
Same. Nothing but good things to say about these 2 and McKenna Service itself.

Quick Reply: Relocating to Orange County CA