Sponsored by:

help with Headlamp washer 991.1 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 01:35 AM
See U n RearView
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Question help with Headlamp washer 991.1 GTS

Aftex waxing the GTS, I noticed my headlamp washer is loose. I'm not sure if it's a simple fix or an assembly that needs to be replaced.

Any ideas where we can access that area?

Oh and some pics to sooth the pain...lol

Old 10-10-2018, 01:27 PM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

Only place to access the pump / nozzle assemblies is from inside the bumper cover. You need to remove, flip over to get to the fasteners. Not that difficult to do honestly.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:20 PM
See U n RearView
Instructor

Thanks for the reply. So remove the whole interior cover?

went to Porsche and SA said they would need the car for 4 hours and @ $200 an hour. They would need to remove whole front bumper light assemblies to get to Washer
Old 10-11-2018, 08:54 AM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

Use the link below to get to the shop manual.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fi41obpz9f...anual.pdf?dl=0

Then search for this section: WM 927019 - Page 311 (images without text shown below)

I agree with Plenum that all of the guidance I've seen regarding this before calls for removing the bumper, but this section seems to make it appear that the nozzle cover is normally removed from the top side. I don't know if you could pull it up like they describe here. I worry that since its been pushed down past where it is supposed to be snapped in that pulling it back up and through might damage the opening. I don't know if you should risk that or not. Maybe someone else has direct experience with that. My gut feel would be to play it safe.

In any case, here is the information for you to do with as you please. If it does become necessary or just safer to remove the bumper, then the instructions for that are here: WM 631519 - Page 2056

Old 10-11-2018, 02:54 PM
See U n RearView
Instructor

Originally Posted by StormRune
Use the link below to get to the shop manual.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fi41obpz9f...anual.pdf?dl=0

Then search for this section: WM 927019 - Page 311 (images without text shown below)

I agree with Plenum that all of the guidance I've seen regarding this before calls for removing the bumper, but this section seems to make it appear that the nozzle cover is normally removed from the top side. I don't know if you could pull it up like they describe here. I worry that since its been pushed down past where it is supposed to be snapped in that pulling it back up and through might damage the opening. I don't know if you should risk that or not. Maybe someone else has direct experience with that. My gut feel would be to play it safe.

In any case, here is the information for you to do with as you please. If it does become necessary or just safer to remove the bumper, then the instructions for that are here: WM 631519 - Page 2056

thank u much for the information pics and Dropbox schematics. It does appear that the cap can be replaced faily easy to change color however the assy looks like it need to be accessed from underneath.

I will study the information. Thanks again and once I find out I will post my findings..
Old 10-11-2018, 04:17 PM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts

Yeah, Storm is correct if all you want to do is pull the cap from the pop-up assy. If you are lucky pulling up on the cap as shown in the removal procedure will be enough to re-seat the assembly. But if you have to re-secure the entire pump assy due to a loose screw or something, you will have to remove the front bumper cover and work on it from the "inside".... I'll post a pic from when I had my GTS cover off later....

Quick Reply: help with Headlamp washer 991.1 GTS