Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Targa GTS questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2018, 10:01 PM
JSETarga
Burning Brakes

Received 152 Likes on 103 Posts

So this is my first post on this forum. I traded a 2016 Z06 for a ‘17 Targa GTS a month ago. I got into doing track days a year ago and live next to the tail of the dragon which I frequent. I drive hard and push cars. I am by no means a professional driver, but wanted to chime in on the PDCC and RAS from a performance aspect. I test drove a 991.1 targa gts, 991.2 coupe gts with and without these options and a short test drive on a 991.1 gt3 this year before making my decision. I am in love with targas but was concerned about the handling loss from weight of targa vs a coupe gts or gt3. Performance and handling are important to me. I had this car shipped to me without a test drive and remained nervous about it until taking on dragon first time. WOW was I impressed! This thing handles amazingly and just gets in those curves maintains speeds and grip beyond my expectations. I have not taken it to the track yet and will be waiting til 2019 to do so. The 16 Z06 in more capable hands may be able to get some better times but in my hands I am way faster in this car. I dont have a 17 gts without the options to give back to back tests to, but I am going to say these options are worth the money from a performance stand point. I think they help to offset the Targa weight in a way by giving some more in the plus column for this car. U turns are insane as well, it just whips around in such small radius. As for the FAL I have found no need for it whatsoever and glad this car did not have it as an option.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:47 PM
_RS_
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

Deleted reply to older post

Edit: While I'm here - Welcome JSETarga!
Old 10-11-2018, 04:41 PM
goldduster
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JFerraro17

Trust me....any tax acrobatics you may need to do are worth it.
Yes, as I always says "give me the money and I'll (happily?) pay the taxes.

As far as FAL is concerned, I bought mine off the dealer lot and it already was on it. I probably wouldn't have ordered it, but now find that I use it all the time. The thing that makes me crazy whenever I gas up, is the aluminum plastic gas cap that cost $160. Its the little things that get me!!! On another vein, mine has the metallic Black paint and I really love it; much nicer than the flat black and I think its worth the extra.
Old 10-11-2018, 08:26 PM
BlackOptic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by skiahh
OK, since I'm going to win one of the PCA raffle cars this fall, I've got a couple of questions about options...
Sorry skiahh... but when I win, I am totally going for FAL (due to the sport design front end), RAS ('coz I don't have it in my T), GT Silver with Black LED's ('coz that's what I do have in my T).... but no PDCC, and I am not sold on PCCB. Probably not. Here's what it WILL look like. Here's the winning build. http://www.porsche-code.com/PKNKNXS9... btw, I am going PDK - 'coz my hot wife is going to look sooooo hot driving this baby.

hahahah

Old 10-12-2018, 02:04 AM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

Hey, I'm sure they'll have more than one car, so we can BOTH win!

http://www.porsche-code.com/PKW75W39
Old 10-12-2018, 06:18 PM
BlackOptic
Rennlist Member

Received 545 Likes on 222 Posts

It shall come to pass.

Talking of passes... AWD and Mt. Baker. See you there. (But, where does the board fit?)
Old 10-13-2018, 03:02 AM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

Skis, and on the truck. Or Cayenne.

I'll be a Stevens and/or Whistler skier this winter. Bought an Epic Pass.

Wouldn't that be something if two of us from up here did win?

Quick Reply: Targa GTS questions