Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

COBB Stage II Tune - 12 OCT 18

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2018 | 01:22 AM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Default COBB Stage II Tune - 12 OCT 18

I need the COBB Stage II Tune by 12 OCT 18. Hahahaha. Sorry, I am that guy that got you all excited. How many of you thought, ALL RIGHT......It's about time!!!! Yeah Baby!!!

Well, me too. I have a lot of events this month. I could really use COBB Stage II tune. SInce they may see this, How about it COBB?

Its been quite awhile. Other companies have released Stage III.

When is Pro-Tuning available? Will that be last?

Could you guys at least release a Stage 1 or Stage 2 with increased trims, So we can add a few gallons of E85? : ))) That will put some smiles on faces.

I am happy to be a beta tester. I have IPD Plenum, AMS Intercoolers and I have ordered my headers. They should be here in two weeks. Then I can add Akra cats.

Must have more tune. C'mon COBB, its time. : )))
Old 10-08-2018 | 07:57 AM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Which headers did you go with?
Old 10-08-2018 | 10:45 AM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

The ones with the prettiest welds

Sorry, I just had to..
Old 10-08-2018 | 11:44 AM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG
The ones with the prettiest welds

Sorry, I just had to..
LOL!
Old 10-08-2018 | 04:39 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by flsupraguy
Which headers did you go with?
The ones that have superior design and performance. Flow is the only thing that is important with Headers to me. Some like a cheap price, and place that as the most important thing.
Old 10-08-2018 | 04:49 PM
basic666
Racer

just got my coated vektor headers installed over the weekend. First impression - definitely more oomph and overall deeper sound to the exhaust. Switching from normal to sport makes a pretty significant sound difference now. And I'm gonna say the car *feels* more responsive overall, but then again i haven't driven it for two weeks so not a back to back comparison
Old 10-08-2018 | 04:53 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

4 point 0:

If only you had even one iota of evidence that the "superior design" (aka pretty welds) leads to even 1/2 hp of superior performance.

Want to make $100? Show me the superior flow chart showing the Vektor has over ANY other design with their oval tubes, equal length pipes and of course super model welds.
You are a guy who buys the most expensive because you THINK its superior. The IPD you purchased is INFERIOR to the OEM design and thats what you get for buying based on Social Media.

One other fact that has escaped me in all of this conversation.. With NO ONE being able to have a tune capable of taking advantage of these parts until recently, how is it that these parts (that were designed perhaps over a year ago before the ECU was even cracked) can make the claim that WHEN the ECU is properly tuned that their part will make much large gains? Again, speculation and hope. Nothing actually showing that these parts will make any more or less HP over stock or with a stage 2,3 or 8 tune.

I will never understand people that fall for these claims, I guess its the naysayer in me that just refuses to be duped. But, like my Daddy always says.. a fool and his money are soon parted.
Old 10-08-2018 | 04:54 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by basic666
just got my coated vektor headers installed over the weekend. First impression - definitely more oomph and overall deeper sound to the exhaust. Switching from normal to sport makes a pretty significant sound difference now. And I'm gonna say the car *feels* more responsive overall, but then again i haven't driven it for two weeks so not a back to back comparison
Awesome, and of course that's exactly what I went with as well. Nice to hear it has a sound difference.
Old 10-08-2018 | 04:55 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

I will concede that there is certainly a sound difference in headers. If thats worth $4000 to you then go get em'
Old 10-08-2018 | 05:05 PM
basic666
Racer

PTS you just gotta chill the f out.

Thanks for your input, but i guess if anyone cared about what you said they would've done something about it long time ago (like not purchasing the headers). But clearly people don't care so i don't know what you are still on about.

We can all drive camrys that would happily take us from point A to point B. Please try justifying spending over 100k more to do the exact same thing... O wait you can't. So get over it and move on.

Also i have read folks who just purely swapped out Fabspeed headers mention not noticing any sort of difference (until sport cats were added). So there you go, not exactly scientific, but i felt a definite difference in my car from just swapping out the headers.
Old 10-08-2018 | 05:10 PM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

4 point 0:

If only you had even one iota of evidence that the "superior design" (aka pretty welds) leads to even 1/2 hp of superior performance.

Want to make $100? Show me the superior flow chart showing the Vektor has over ANY other design with their oval tubes, equal length pipes and of course super model welds.
You are a guy who buys the most expensive because you THINK its superior. The IPD you purchased is INFERIOR to the OEM design and thats what you get for buying based on Social Media.

One other fact that has escaped me in all of this conversation.. With NO ONE being able to have a tune capable of taking advantage of these parts until recently, how is it that these parts (that were designed perhaps over a year ago before the ECU was even cracked) can make the claim that WHEN the ECU is properly tuned that their part will make much large gains? Again, speculation and hope. Nothing actually showing that these parts will make any more or less HP over stock or with a stage 2,3 or 8 tune.

I will never understand people that fall for these claims, I guess its the naysayer in me that just refuses to be duped. But, like my Daddy always says.. a fool and his money are soon parted.
Uh.... it's called science and engineering. And the IPD parts are silly. All those dimples and rough inner cast surface, all they do is increase pipe flow losses. Below is the Moody chart which is used to calculating pipe flow losses/head losses. Notice a nice smooth surface created by drawn tubing has a roughness coefficient of 0.0025 whereas rough cast iron (serves as an approximation for the rough cast aluminum of the IPD parts) is 0.15.

Here's a super quick primer on pipe flow.
http://fluid.itcmp.pwr.wroc.pl/~znmp...cture11_12.pdf

So using the roughness value, you can calculate the relative pipe flow roughness. You can calculate your Reynolds number based on fluid type, temperature (needed to look up mu value), and pipe diameter. Once you have the friction factor from the Moody chart, you plug it into the head loss equation. Anyway, basic fluid mechanics, rougher surface = higher head loss in internal flows.

As for why dimples work on improve the range of a golf ball, the dimples actually increase skin drag and add more energy into the fluid flow. As the flow has more energy, it's more able to stay attached to the surface of the golf ball before separation, therefore reducing the wake size and wake drag. So the reduction in wake drag more than makes up for the increase in skin friction allowing the golf ball to go further. But that doesn't really apply to internal pipe flow. The only ting the IPD plenum does better than stock is the flow diverter in the middle compared to the simple T-shaped one Porsche uses. Why would Porsche make the simple T-shape? Because it's cheaper. The tool design is much cheaper for the old cast aluminum ones and newer plastic injection molded ones.

Quick note, Vektor headers have round tubes, not oval. Circle has the best ratio of circumference to cross-sectional area. So most flow, least amount of surface friction.
Old 10-08-2018 | 05:25 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Your Moody Diagram is a general chart showing friction and flow. It has NOTHING to do with the design of the Headers, only how round pipes flow better than other shapes.

All of these headers use round pipes and all have OVAL openings because that is the shape they need to be to match up. How they taper from Oval to round is the discussion.

Basic666: If your theory is correct and no one cares what I say, then no one would have bought the headers. Hey wait a minute, they did sell 2 of them...
As far as "feeling" stronger, there is a direct correlation between sound and the feeling of power. No question that these butt dynos are hearing louder exhaust and feeling power that doesnt exist.

I'm gonna go on record now before the dyno tests are revealed...If any of these make more power somewhere in the curve they are going to give it back elsewhere in the curve. net gain ZERO.
Old 10-08-2018 | 05:33 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Your Moody Diagram is a general chart showing friction and flow. It has NOTHING to do with the design of the Headers, only how round pipes flow better than other shapes.

All of these headers use round pipes and all have OVAL openings because that is the shape they need to be to match up. How they taper from Oval to round is the discussion.

Basic666: If your theory is correct and no one cares what I say, then no one would have bought the headers. Hey wait a minute, they did sell 2 of them...
As far as "feeling" stronger, there is a direct correlation between sound and the feeling of power. No question that these butt dynos are hearing louder exhaust and feeling power that doesnt exist.

I'm gonna go on record now before the dyno tests are revealed...If any of these make more power somewhere in the curve they are going to give it back elsewhere in the curve. net gain ZERO.
I'm just glad you dont frequent the many other forums that I am apart of. I have a feeling that in school you consistently won the award "does not play with others". In all seriousness you need to take a step back and chill out....
Old 10-08-2018 | 05:37 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

I'm on all of the other forums, I only post here.
Old 10-08-2018 | 05:38 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

I'm on all of the other forums, I only post here.
Thank you lol

Quick Reply: COBB Stage II Tune - 12 OCT 18