Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey COBB Tuning! Get in here! 991.2 Questions and Feedback.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2018, 09:07 PM
Jim991
Burning Brakes

Received 183 Likes on 136 Posts

If you don't want to wait buy a tune from another vendor. Cobb doesn't own the market.
Old 11-14-2018, 09:18 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,513 Likes on 816 Posts

I have a feeling there is a reason why they still havent released the stage 2 tunes......
Old 11-14-2018, 09:20 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 636 Likes on 347 Posts

No reason except being busy with other things. It isnt that secret and the turbo is essentially the same thing so they got it cracked and software done..
Old 11-14-2018, 09:31 PM
///M3THOD
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Psorcery
Looks like Cobb is more interested in the Macan market than the 911 Carrera.. What a shame! They even got stage 2 and 3!

https://www.cobbtuning.com/porsche-m...he-shelf-maps/
Its a different ECU on our cars which require them to be sent in

Originally Posted by flsupraguy
I just wish they would release pro tune ability so I can get a "pro" tuner to fix my idle issue
Whats going on with your idle?
Old 11-14-2018, 09:39 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ///M3THOD
Its a different ECU on our cars which require them to be sent in

Whats going on with your idle?
https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1111328-anyone-else-have-a-intermittent-idle-surge-issue-with-cobb-tune-991-2-a.html
Old 11-15-2018, 07:48 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 608 Likes on 271 Posts

https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1111328-anyone-else-have-a-intermittent-idle-surge-issue-with-cobb-tune-991-2-a.html
You have a Cobb Pro tuner in your home state that could have helped you with this but you never reached out to us!
Old 11-15-2018, 09:37 AM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports
You have a Cobb Pro tuner in your home state that could have helped you with this but you never reached out to us!
I would have but COBB still has not released the ability for a pro tuner to tune a 991.2.....................
Old 11-15-2018, 09:54 AM
BGB Motorsports
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 608 Likes on 271 Posts

I would have but COBB still has not released the ability for a pro tuner to tune a 991.2.....................
Understood. I was just asking because I help with some of the stuff from time to time and could have inquired for you.
Old 11-15-2018, 04:57 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,281 Likes on 678 Posts

Originally Posted by BGB Motorsports
These cars with the mods have zero issues keeping up with the .1 GT3s on track and with the upgrades, the brakes and cornering speeds are just as good.
!
Let me fix that for you........These cars with the mods have zero issues keeping up with the .2 GT3s on track and with the upgrades, the brakes and cornering speeds are just as good, if not better.

Old 11-18-2018, 08:55 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Alright, In anticipation of COBB Stage 2 tune, I have succumbed to the peer group pressure, and bought the BMC air filter. I expect it may add a little sound, but I don't think it would add any noticeable power.

This is most likely the most expensive air filter on the planet lol. I am paying the $100 install fee as well, cause I couldn't be bothered pulling it all apart. I have a track weekend coming up and I want to enjoy driving the car.

COBB - It would be really cool to have stage 2 tune before that track day. How about an ETA at least and perhaps some power figure spoilers?
Old 11-19-2018, 04:46 AM
Ryan52589
Instructor

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Quick side question, what are you guys seeing for max achieved boost on stage 1 reflash on the AP?
Old 11-19-2018, 05:32 AM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
Alright, In anticipation of COBB Stage 2 tune, I have succumbed to the peer group pressure, and bought the BMC air filter. I expect it may add a little sound, but I don't think it would add any noticeable power.

This is most likely the most expensive air filter on the planet lol. I am paying the $100 install fee as well, cause I couldn't be bothered pulling it all apart. I have a track weekend coming up and I want to enjoy driving the car.

COBB - It would be really cool to have stage 2 tune before that track day. How about an ETA at least and perhaps some power figure spoilers?
At this point I wouldnt hold your breath....they have said "in a few weeks" for months now.... think I'm gonna bite the bullet and get a custom tune from Hydra Motors in West Palm.
Old 11-19-2018, 08:38 AM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 636 Likes on 347 Posts

I know of a couple of guys who are doing the custom tune on Cobb tuned cars because of the delay. The ECU is already cracked so it can now be custom tuned by ANYONE using the OBD port.
The good news is that you can run a custom tune by any other manufacturer and still use the AP to flash it back to pro tunes or stage 2 by Cobb whenever they get their act together. ( I think?)

Someone more knowledgable about Cobb and tunes should confirm this before overwriting the Cobb stuff.
Boy these guys just give up market share by being so slow to the game. If they were first to market they wouldn't have 50% of the tune market they would have 90%. Just dumb..
Old 11-20-2018, 07:03 AM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG
I know of a couple of guys who are doing the custom tune on Cobb tuned cars because of the delay. The ECU is already cracked so it can now be custom tuned by ANYONE using the OBD port.
The good news is that you can run a custom tune by any other manufacturer and still use the AP to flash it back to pro tunes or stage 2 by Cobb whenever they get their act together. ( I think?)

Someone more knowledgable about Cobb and tunes should confirm this before overwriting the Cobb stuff.
Boy these guys just give up market share by being so slow to the game. If they were first to market they wouldn't have 50% of the tune market they would have 90%. Just dumb..
This we agree on totally.

P.S. I pulled the trigger on the brand new Akra Cats. You knew I would get the, before I did. Should see them, in the week of 17th Dec.

C'mon COBB, I need that Stage II.

Old 11-21-2018, 06:51 PM
Cheshi143
Pro

Received 284 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG

Just because there are tools available to program the DME, does not mean that they are going to give the calibrator the control over the DME to improve performance safely. What you have are a handful of folks who want what they want right now, and unfortunately nobody is going to be able to deliver it.

I have seen this whole "market share" argument time and time again. If Cobb (or another tuner) were to have even 5% market penetration in any of the P-car chassis, they would be ecstatic. The truth is however that they will never likely see anything close to this.

First to market often equals worst to market.

Quick Reply: Hey COBB Tuning! Get in here! 991.2 Questions and Feedback.