Sponsored by:

Rear interior panel removal

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 01:47 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 196 Likes on 117 Posts
Default Rear interior panel removal

I need to remove my rear interior side panel to look at something. I appear I need to remove the B and C pillar first and then move the interior side panel.

I dont want want to break anything so any tips would be helpful. Looking for attachment points, type of attachments and if I need to start up or down, etc.
I don’t have rear seats.
Thank you.
Old 10-04-2018, 04:11 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Found this for B pillar.
B-Pillar Interior Trim Removal

The B-pillar interior trim panel must be removed to access the release / alignment bolts.
  1. You may want to loosen or even release entirely the seat belt at the bottom mounting position to give you some more slack;
  2. Pull the belt collar trim (the small plastic part with a slot where the belt disappears into the trim) away from the B-pillar trim. You can put your fingers into the slot and pull up while pulling out from the pillar and it should just pop off; The belt "collar" comes off easily and you can slide it down to the floor out of the way.
  3. Pulling from top and bottom (interior trim tools work best), pop the B-pillar trim / cover away from the pillar. There are 3 small pins that snap into the pillar - one at the top and two at the bottom. But in the middle, just above the opening for the belt collar, there is a clamp that must be released by poking it from "inside" the B-pillar. Porsche has a special tool for this, which is just a handle with a metal shaft bent at the end. I found a picture of the tool shown above. The tool must be inserted in a hole just below the clamp location, just above the bolt holing the seat belt to the pillar, and then angled up and turn to press the tip of the tool against the clamp to release it from "inside." Hard to describe the motion -- but any tool with a similar tip could be used.
  4. With the clamp released, you can now pull the B-pillar trim away, and if you haven't released the seat belt, just let it slide down out of the way.
Old 10-04-2018, 05:03 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Some more info, if this all works, I will update.
https://cantrellmotorsport.com/wp-co...-WITH-PICS.pdf
Old 10-05-2018, 10:57 AM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

So I worked on this last night and the B pillar cover is not easy to remove. Have to loosen the roof liner in order to remove. I didn't do this as I didn't have to have it removed for what I was looking for but it will have to be removed if you have to fully remove the rear interior panel.

I was able to partially remove the rear following the cantrell instructions above.
What I can confirm is, for a T with LWB and no rear seat, all the parts attachments points are there as if you had rear seats. The rear side impact airbags are there, the threaded holes for seats are there, and the threaded pins on wheel arch for the seat back rest latch are there but not the bracket. It appear the T has the GT2/GT3 rear type panel wo the hole for this latch pin for cars with rear seats .
Old 10-05-2018, 02:14 PM
plenum
Burning Brakes

Received 56 Likes on 36 Posts

Thank you for sharing your experience. Maybe after-the-fact now for you, but have you taken a look at the official PCNA Work Manuals for interior panel removal? If not, here's a list of some of the WMs that you should reference: Porsche 991 Work Manuals Reference Collection You can access these WMs either through PIWIS or PM me with what you are looking-for and I likely have a copy I can share. Also, you can refer to these more comprehensive Workshop manuals (kindly posted by another RL'er not long ago!): Porsche 991 Workshop Manual and Porsche 991 Factory Service Manual.

Quick Reply: Rear interior panel removal