Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TX people: regist. Sticker on 991.2?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2018, 01:05 AM
tx targa
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 37 Posts
Default TX people: regist. Sticker on 991.2?

So my 30 days are up and I have to obstruct my view with the nasty TX registration sticker. The 991.2 has quite a curve where the A pillar flows into the dash. So do I align the bottom of the sticker with the bottom of the windshield a few inches over from the A pillar? OR go a few inches up and align the side of the sticker with the side of the A pillar?
Old 10-04-2018, 02:54 AM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 887 Likes on 400 Posts

I vote for aligned more with the bottom of the windshield / parallel with the ground. The way my eyes / brain work, it would look crooked otherwise.

But no right answer with all the curves going on.

Last edited by S S; 10-04-2018 at 03:11 AM.
Old 10-04-2018, 04:42 AM
NCThirteen
Advanced

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Your toll tag will be the next thing you decide on where to put it lol.
Old 10-04-2018, 11:15 AM
quattr0
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NCThirteen
You don't need tag anymore. The cameras will read your license plate. but then you have to deal with front plate lol
Old 10-04-2018, 11:21 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,524 Likes on 1,571 Posts

Originally Posted by S S
I vote for aligned more with the bottom of the windshield / parallel with the ground. The way my eyes / brain work, it would look crooked otherwise.

But no right answer with all the curves going on.
Yeah, no good way to do it. I curved mine more with the hood line, IIRC. I'll have to look when I get home.
Old 10-04-2018, 11:35 AM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

I went with aligned with the bottom of the windshield. I looked at my saved photos and found it in these. You could experiment using easy-release masking or scotch tape to see which position you prefer.

I also have the newer ½" tall TxTag toll tag at the top of the windshield next to the dash cam, but you can't see it since I cut out a square of ultra-dark tint, applied it first, then stuck the gray-colored toll tag to that. Just drop by a tint shop and ask them for a small scrap of non-metallic tint to use, or just buy a cheap small roll at an auto shop or Home Depot if you're not comfortable with that. It works fine that way.

Last edited by StormRune; 10-04-2018 at 05:44 PM.
Old 10-04-2018, 05:43 PM
gellie
Rennlist Member

Received 234 Likes on 116 Posts

Lol. I put my tag directly behind my registration sticker. No front plates need in NJ🤫
Old 10-04-2018, 06:48 PM
tomc_mets
Sir Thomas Lord of All Mets Fans
Rennlist Member

Received 113 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by quattr0
You don't need tag anymore. The cameras will read your license plate. but then you have to deal with front plate lol
Bingo. I keep mine in the glove box. Only take it out when I'm on the toll roads. Now, not even then since the cameras pick up the license plate...T
Old 10-05-2018, 12:11 AM
tx targa
Rennlist Member

Received 86 Likes on 37 Posts

Thanks all. I thought about toll tag right after I hit send last nite. It was easy in the 997, slipped behind rear view mirror. Don’t you get a pretty serious discount if you use the tag vs just letting the cameras shoot your plates? (Asking guys with 6 figure cars, I know.) I love the idea of a 1/2 inch tall version vs the sticker.

I agree with the level with the windshield, a few inches over towards the center of the car. I was trying too hard to align with the A pillar and jam it in the corner. I have it cut out and was blue taping it in various spots. Storm Rune, I like filling the negative space with the PCA sticker, nice!
Old 10-11-2018, 09:21 PM
Peruna
Racer

Received 81 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by tx targa
Thanks all. I thought about toll tag right after I hit send last nite. It was easy in the 997, slipped behind rear view mirror. Don’t you get a pretty serious discount if you use the tag vs just letting the cameras shoot your plates? (Asking guys with 6 figure cars, I know.) I love the idea of a 1/2 inch tall version vs the sticker.

I agree with the level with the windshield, a few inches over towards the center of the car. I was trying too hard to align with the A pillar and jam it in the corner. I have it cut out and was blue taping it in various spots. Storm Rune, I like filling the negative space with the PCA sticker, nice!
No, as long as your tolltag is registered in the system you're good to go. At least that's the case with NTTA.

I changed my plates out recently, but kept the same tolltag in the car. I didn't notice it, but I wasn't getting charged by NTTA for about a month. Then they hit me with a huge zip cash bill because of the different plates. When I called and explained I had a tolltag, they fixed it.

So it seems that at least with NTTA plates are the primary, if not the only marker.

Also, the best way to get and keep a six figure car is to get a tolltag and try to avoid tollroads....they sure are smooth, though

Quick Reply: TX people: regist. Sticker on 991.2?