Sponsored by:

Kline Header on Dyno - Hot Baby!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2018, 09:06 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,514 Likes on 817 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG
Based on Cobb's dyno charts, the stock GTS makes about 423hp to the wheels and the tuned engine makes about 506hp to the wheels, based on a 93 octane tune.
Based on the numbers provided above, it seems in line with exactly what Cobb reported, 83hp total gains.

So, the question I have is what do the IPD, Filter, Exhaust and Headers actually do for the overall HP gains?
The chart will certainly show where the increases are and hopefully they will show improvements over the OEM parts.

The only thing we need to test is how the aftermarket parts test on a stage 2 tune, or a custom tune designed to take advantage of the custom parts.
It would seem that on a stage 1 tune that there is essentially no improvement over any of the stock parts based on pure HP numbers.

Crazy how different the Turbo engines are to the Naturally Aspirated engines with regards to tuning..
You are correct, there is hardly any gains with headers and plenum on a cobb stage 1 tune. I proactively added the headers and plenum for when cobb releases the advanced tunes. Even if it made no power increase I love the way the car sounds with kline headers so for me it was a win.
Old 10-01-2018, 09:07 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 636 Likes on 347 Posts

I dont know what exact model you have but..
if you have rear wheel drive..your slower even with my heavy glass because you cant put the power to the road like AWD and forget about driving in the rain..
If you have manual, you are slower even with my heavy PDK box because no human can shift faster than PDK can.

So what my fat baby gives up in weight she makes up in other ways. Kinda like my wife..
Old 10-01-2018, 09:08 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Psorcery
I'm just kidding but lets keep this going, shall we?

Your targa is a fat pig with a higher center of gravity. HARDLY a GTS.. More C4S IMO. You need the GTS for the extra weight you're carrying. By nature our GTS's are faster and much more athletic than yours.. Your paint color also knocks off another 20hp/15tq and adds 30 extra pounds.

You're stuck with that junk heap for life because nobody wants a 1999 Camry Green Targa 911 GTS. I'm glad you pride yourself in paying more for less!
Btw I love the way his targa looks, if I could of found the targa with the spec I wanted I would of got one.
Old 10-01-2018, 09:09 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 636 Likes on 347 Posts

flsupraguy: Now your comments I can agree with. Proactive for stage 2 is certainly a possibility and logic says it will make gains when custom tuned for the headers.
Sound: I am all for that too. If it does nothing more than make it sound Purdy then I can accept that too.

You see we dont disagree on everything

Thanks for the comments on my targa. I think me and Psorcery are just poking a little fun at each other. I dont think he's serious...
Old 10-01-2018, 09:14 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG
flsupraguy: Now your comments I can agree with. Proactive for stage 2 is certainly a possibility and logic says it will make gains when custom tuned for the headers.
Sound: I am all for that too. If it does nothing more than make it sound Purdy then I can accept that too.

You see we dont disagree on everything

Thanks for the comments on my targa. I think me and Psorcery are just poking a little fun at each other. I dont think he's serious...

I'm also awaiting cobb stage 2.. Just sitting here yawning on a daily basis... This thread gave me some excitement today which is nice. Glad OP is enjoying his headers.

BTW PTS I pulled a 3.0 0-60 in my GTS RWD! After the tune I've been a victim of traction issues on the launch so I'm swapping the P-Zero's for Cup 2's all around hoping to get that traction + deadly launch back.. Sure is nice having AWD though. Blistering launches everytime.
Old 10-01-2018, 09:23 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

I'm also awaiting cobb stage 2.. Just sitting here yawning on a daily basis... This thread gave me some excitement today which is nice. Glad OP is enjoying his headers.

BTW PTS I pulled a 3.0 0-60 in my GTS RWD! After the tune I've been a victim of traction issues on the launch so I'm swapping the P-Zero's for Cup 2's all around hoping to get that traction + deadly launch back.. Sure is nice having AWD though. Blistering launches everytime.
If my gts wasnt my daily I would of gone pdk and awd. I just wanted a fun dd that I could row through gears and fit my kids in the back. I just added a supercharger to my second gen r8 so I'm glad to have a dual clutch and awd to help put power down at the level. I also have a first gen r8 that has near 800 hp at the wheels on pump gas and even with awd (6 speed manual) it fights traction.

First world problems for all of us here lol
Old 10-01-2018, 09:38 PM
///M3THOD
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm wanting to swap to Cup 2's also, but I DD my car (C2 GTS) and I am afraid I will be driving on bricks when the weather cools down. Have you run Cup 2's in the past, any insight?

Originally Posted by flsupraguy
If my gts wasnt my daily I would of gone pdk and awd. I just wanted a fun dd that I could row through gears and fit my kids in the back. I just added a supercharger to my second gen r8 so I'm glad to have a dual clutch and awd to help put power down at the level. I also have a first gen r8 that has near 800 hp at the wheels on pump gas and even with awd (6 speed manual) it fights traction.

First world problems for all of us here lol
How would you say the exhaust note changed with the addition of the headers? I think I am going to make the move from my AWE sport cats and PSE to the 3" AP exhaust too. All of the other exhausts are just basically the same design. The FI exhaust looks really aggressive also with the valves open, its basically straight pipes with an x pipe before the outlet.
Old 10-01-2018, 09:42 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ///M3THOD
I'm wanting to swap to Cup 2's also, but I DD my car (C2 GTS) and I am afraid I will be driving on bricks when the weather cools down. Have you run Cup 2's in the past, any insight?

How would you say the exhaust note changed with the addition of the headers? I think I am going to make the move from my AWE sport cats and PSE to the 3" AP exhaust too. All of the other exhausts are just basically the same design. The FI exhaust looks really aggressive also with the valves open, its basically straight pipes with an x pipe before the outlet.
The headers made it deeper. I am also catless as well.

Here's my car with the catless pipes and agency power exhaust. This is before the kline headers, sounds deeper now.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm4DjE_HxCC/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=16u0zt5l8g00o
Old 10-01-2018, 10:09 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Originally Posted by ///M3THOD

I've yet to try them, only on a C7 Z06 which I remember it having wicked cornering grip. On the 911 I haven't but I live in a hot climate where our winters equal eastern/northern state summers. Also less than 60 days per year rain so it's a safe choice for me.

The MPS4S look really good too

​​​​​​
Old 10-02-2018, 12:23 PM
///M3THOD
Racer

I've yet to try them, only on a C7 Z06 which I remember it having wicked cornering grip. On the 911 I haven't but I live in a hot climate where our winters equal eastern/northern state summers. Also less than 60 days per year rain so it's a safe choice for me.

The MPS4S look really good too
Thanks for the link. Im in Atlanta, so we only have a handful days where we are approaching or below freezing.
Old 10-02-2018, 03:40 PM
AAK GTS
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

The headers made it deeper. I am also catless as well.

Here's my car with the catless pipes and agency power exhaust. This is before the kline headers, sounds deeper now.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bm4DjE_H...=16u0zt5l8g00o
Sounds awesome. Like how you can now hear the turbos spool up.
Old 10-02-2018, 04:16 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 315 Posts

Would like to see some pictures for comparing the various header choices.
​​​​​​
Actually, on dry pavement, the C2 is faster than the comparable trim C4. No road test data on the GTS or C2S with X51 PowerKit like mine, but for the C2S versus the C4S, the C2S wins. So does the GT2 RS with its RWD setup. In fact, the C2S beats the 500 Hp GT3 0-60, because of the big fat torque curve of the C2S. And you know the GTS will test even faster. What I'd like to see is some of you guys with the tuned 3.0 TT 911's hit the drag stripes and post your 1/4 mile times...
Old 10-02-2018, 04:24 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PCA1983
​​​​​​
Actually, on dry pavement, the C2 is faster than the comparable trim C4. No road test data on the GTS or C2S with X51 PowerKit like mine, but for the C2S versus the C4S, the C2S wins. So does the GT2 RS with its RWD setup. In fact, the C2S beats the 500 Hp GT3 0-60, because of the big fat torque curve of the C2S. And you know the GTS will test even faster. What I'd like to see is some of you guys with the tuned 3.0 TT 911's hit the drag stripes and post your 1/4 mile times...
For what it's worth I test drove a 991.1 gt3 and my car would absolutely murder one in a straight line.
Old 10-02-2018, 05:02 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Originally Posted by PCA1983
​​​​​​
RWD GTS pulled an 11.5 1/4 mile in 100 degree weather at a notoriously slow track.... STOCK

Added headers and bypass pipes and pulled an 11.2 at the same track mid 90 degree weather, slightly spinning too... .3 seconds shaved off the 1/4 mile and added 2 or 3 mph trap speed. Can't really remember. 60 ft was an impressive 1.7

I have the Cobb tune now and it's beginning to cool down as well. If my car grips with the Cup 2 tires I guarantee it's a 10 second car on the 91 map.
Old 10-03-2018, 08:17 PM
///M3THOD
Racer

For what it's worth I test drove a 991.1 gt3 and my car would absolutely murder one in a straight line.
Any chance you've got any videos under load or drive by? I was actually expecting it to be louder, but the videos are only mild revs while out of sport mode.

Quick Reply: Kline Header on Dyno - Hot Baby!!!!