Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Wing Commander

???????????????????
Just kidding ----- of course
Old 10-02-2018, 04:21 PM
MaddMike
Rennlist Member

Received 1,840 Likes on 894 Posts

Local dealer has a manual T for sale that someone ordered and backed out. He is trying to get me to come in for a test drive but I am not in a position to buy so it feels disingenuous of me to do so.
Old 10-02-2018, 06:34 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Yeah my dealer has one too very nicely spec’d
Old 10-02-2018, 06:43 PM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by MaddMike
Local dealer has a manual T for sale that someone ordered and backed out. He is trying to get me to come in for a test drive but I am not in a position to buy so it feels disingenuous of me to do so.
proved to be a no threat in my case. It took a TTS to pull me out of my NA GTS manual.
Old 10-02-2018, 10:12 PM
WhipE350
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Needsdecaf - Nice review. Enjoyed reading it. I have a fantastic relationship with my dealer and can basically drive anything they have on the lot but I never get around to giving a good review. Appreciate it when someone does. The one I have not driven is the T, they haven't had one.
Old 10-02-2018, 10:20 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 456 Likes on 311 Posts

For excitement, if you can find one like mine, try a well optioned C2S with X51 PowerKit, like mine. It's an awesome car, and it's a hair faster than the GTS.
Old 10-05-2018, 04:58 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 137 Likes on 95 Posts

Nice review. "It feels like a GTI" is about as good as a compliment you can give it, imo. I've been searching for that feeling since.... well, driving a GTI.

I have yet to drive the T, but have driven the other 3.0 iterations. I appreciate all those extremely well engineered nuances and refinements, but I just can't see myself getting past the "lacking in soul" department. Every time I hit the gas in my 3.4 with Sherkwerks X, it makes me wanna grin even if I'm going 30 MPH. After being accustomed to that, I don't see how I'd get past the auditory sadness when doing the same in a .2. Even though admittedly in all other respects the "T" is a very enticing package. It's just tooooo refined now, imo. Even the .1 I find a bit too refined, but the sound itself makes up for most of that, and it's a bit rougher around the edges than the .2 which I actually enjoy. More refinement + less maniacal sound = sucking of soul, regardless of how good the car is, imo.
Old 10-05-2018, 06:24 AM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 724 Likes on 334 Posts

I've had an '83 SC, '87 930, '98 C4S and an '11 GT3. I just got back from having a fantastic time in my new '19 911T driving it on the ring, over many passes, black forest etc in Germany and Austria. For anyone out there taking the bait that the T lacks 'soul' because of the turbos or whatever they're selling, dont. My new T has every bit of soul, character or what have you as any of the other 911's I've had the pleasure of owning. It may be the best one yet. Power where you need it 95% of the time and not where you can access it only 5% of the time. Handles really well, cabin noise is more than acceptable, a bit of an under the radar package. What can I say it's a great model. Which may be why so many post negatives about it.
Old 10-05-2018, 06:38 AM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 888 Likes on 400 Posts

^^^ This!

S
Old 10-05-2018, 10:58 AM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,606 Likes on 1,619 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffI
Great write up, thank you
You're welcome.

Originally Posted by Cyberbug
Based on this review I am cancelling my T order
Hahaha.

Originally Posted by Wing Commander
Needsdecaf, thank you very much for taking the time & effort to write and share your review!

I got the manual transmission for my T. And I have the leather interior with Carrera T package (Racing Yellow). For me, it makes the cabin a great place to be.

I love my T and have already covered 7,420 miles in the first 6 months.

Given my time again, I think I’d order RAS and retain the lightweight rear glass. And maybe order PCCBs.

Great to hear a Porsche enthusiast give an unbiased review of the Carrera T. I enjoyed your write up.
Thanks, I actually really enjoy writing them. Why do you miss the RAS?

Also, what in the heck does the Carrera T interior package consist of? I haven't ever seen a proper description of it, but it sure is spendy. Thanks!
Old 10-05-2018, 11:17 AM
Randy M
Drifting

Received 724 Likes on 334 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf
Also, what in the heck does the Carrera T interior package consist of? I haven't ever seen a proper description of it, but it sure is spendy. Thanks!
All of this including a leather dash with deviated stitching:

Old 10-05-2018, 11:53 AM
S S
Burning Brakes

Received 888 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by Needsdecaf

Originally Posted by Randy M
All of this including a leather dash with deviated stitching:
That's only if you go with the Leather Interior. If you go with the Standard Interior, you pay less/get less. Use the "Circled i" buttons in the configurator for the popups...

"Seat centers with Sport-Tex stripe pattern in black with accent stripes in contrasting color. Stitching, seat belts, and door opening loops in contrasting color. ‘911’ logo embroidered in contrasting color on headrests. Including floor mats in black with stitching and ‘Porsche’ logo in contrasting color. In conjunction with leather interior: decorative stitching on dashboard upper section, upper section of door trims, door center panels, and rear panels also in contrasting color."

I wanted those doors and dash BADLY, but not for USD 4,260...

S
Old 10-05-2018, 02:35 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,282 Likes on 473 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy M
I've had an '83 SC, '87 930, '98 C4S and an '11 GT3. I just got back from having a fantastic time in my new '19 911T driving it on the ring, over many passes, black forest etc in Germany and Austria. For anyone out there taking the bait that the T lacks 'soul' because of the turbos or whatever they're selling, dont. My new T has every bit of soul, character or what have you as any of the other 911's I've had the pleasure of owning. It may be the best one yet. Power where you need it 95% of the time and not where you can access it only 5% of the time. Handles really well, cabin noise is more than acceptable, a bit of an under the radar package. What can I say it's a great model. Which may be why so many post negatives about it.
Not quite so ‘under the radar’ when it’s bright yellow!
Old 10-05-2018, 02:37 PM
Wing Commander
Drifting

Received 1,282 Likes on 473 Posts

Carrera T in the UK has leather as standard, so the ‘upgrade’ to the colourful interior package seems less pricey!

I love my Racing Yellow seatbelts, door pulls, pinstripes and deviated stitching.

Quick Reply: Finally got to drive a T