Sponsored by:

Ordering a P-car!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2018, 12:29 AM
digits
Rennlist Member

Received 348 Likes on 186 Posts
Default Ordering a P-car!

I'm planning to move on from my beloved C4S and the next one will be a TTS - it's looking like we're on the final run for the 991...
My allocation came through and my order is at V200 - so my delivery date is set, but the build isn't locked yet.
Here's what I'm thinking: http://www.porsche-code.com/PKMMCJ83
All comments are welcome - until it locks. Then... it's too late.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:48 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

Excellent build.

May I suggest going with leather vents and slats rather than leather vents and painted slats? You have a lot of espresso leather and I would be concerned the painted slats would be the only paint on the inside and might clash.

I would door door panel trim in leather ahead of the center console sides too, but that is minor.
Old 09-24-2018, 01:11 AM
digits
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by evilfij
Excellent build.

May I suggest going with leather vents and slats rather than leather vents and painted slats? You have a lot of espresso leather and I would be concerned the painted slats would be the only paint on the inside and might clash.

I would door door panel trim in leather ahead of the center console sides too, but that is minor.
I'm actually asking if I can opt for NO paint on the slats. I just want to cover the surrounds. I didn't really want the slats either in leather or painted, but I definitely don't want them painted with the exterior color. Apparently you can choose a deviated exterior color - and if that's my only option, then they will be painted black. Still waiting to hear back from Porsche on that.

Hmm. Door panel trim. Hadn't paid much attention to that one because it said you don't get everything in that option if you have LCA. I'll look at it again.

The hardcore track people on this forum are really going to make fun of me for all the leather bits: "wtf? where's the deviated stitching!" But, whatever, we all love our cars!
Old 09-24-2018, 01:49 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Humm, why no leather on the slats? The sea of espresso is quite a nice look and the black (or grey) slats will stand out. Are you worried about peeling?

And yes, through CXX you can get the slats in any color.

Old 09-24-2018, 01:57 AM
digits
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by evilfij
Humm, why no leather on the slats? The sea of espresso is quite a nice look and the black (or grey) slats will stand out. Are you worried about peeling?

And yes, through CXX you can get the slats in any color.

Um, yes, that's exactly what I'm worried about. It seemed like wrapping leather around those thin little slats - that will be operated and move around - and might require some delicate cleaning - didn't seem like a good idea. I have zero facts contributing to this opinion, though.

Have you gotten the leather covered slats? How does the leather hold up?

Old 09-24-2018, 02:48 AM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

I have not because they are not an option on GT3 and I did not know you could CXX them when I placed my order and I did not want to risk CXX when PTS opened up. However, I am on the hunt for the part numbers for them in black so I can add them (along with a wood wheel).

I have heard people express the concern about peeling, but I have never seen a picture of that happening. I don’t know if it is a real concern, all I know is that they look great especially on colored leather cars.

One other thing. For a few hundred more you can customize your PDK and get aluminium with espresso leather, given you are already paying $7XX for it, I though I would mention it.
Old 09-24-2018, 12:00 PM
digits
Rennlist Member

So, there is photographic evidence that plain slats are possible via CXX, at least according to this thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/991-gt3-...a-c-vents.html

But I've not heard back from my dealer about it, yet. I think you're right about the look in the "sea of espresso" (love that phrase), so maybe I'll just go with leather on the slats, and if it doesn't hold up I'll carefully remove it... Or maybe I'll be in a 992 before I ever learn if the leather peels...

I just asked to have the Door Panel trim in leather added to the build. Thanks for the suggestions!
Old 09-24-2018, 01:09 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Should be a lovely build. By the way, if you have not downloaded the 3D configurator, it is really helpful to visualize the options.
Old 09-24-2018, 02:58 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,218 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Nice build and congrats!

Quick Reply: Ordering a P-car!