Sponsored by:

Leather/Stitching on A/C Vents?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 09:19 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Received 652 Likes on 376 Posts
Default Leather/Stitching on A/C Vents?

I've seen some photos where there's leather + contrast stitching around the A/C vents in place of the normal plastic trim. But I don't see this listed anywhere in the online configurator. Is it part of another option?
Old 01-06-2018, 09:27 PM
Lapis
Burning Brakes

Received 80 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by FourT6and2
I've seen some photos where there's leather + contrast stitching around the A/C vents in place of the normal plastic trim. But I don't see this listed anywhere in the online configurator. Is it part of another option?
It’s part of the vent slats painted option. Some people get vent slats painted black (same color they already are) just to get the leather and stitching on vent surrounds vs the standard plastic chrome.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:36 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 621 Likes on 433 Posts

It is perhaps more complicated than that.

There are four, yes four, vent options:

The first two are on the configurator for GT3:
Vents painted (outer body color or on the configurator you can pick any standard color and vent slats are covered in leather)
Vent slats painted (outer leather, with deviated stitching if applicable — make sure to note it in your build you want deviated and what color — and the slats themselves are painted the exterior color — a different color may/is available, but it is special request/CXX as it is not on the configurator, but I am pretty sure you can get black)

The next two are not on the GT configurator only on Carrera/turbo, but I believe are available CXX:
Vent slats in leather (standard silver outer, vent slats in leather — not sure why anyone would get this other than it is $500 or so less than the other choices)
Vents in leather (this, to me, is the best, the outer vents are in leather with decorative stitching — again be sure to specify what you want on your order — and the vent slats are in leather too).

PS if anyone has a set of vents in black leather with black stitching they want to sell, I am a buyer. After PTS fell through, I gave up on CXX other than the wood wheel which was pocket vetoed, but I really wanted the vents in leather.
Old 01-06-2018, 11:08 PM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Oh ok I do see it now. Under Painted Air Vent Slats: "Interior side air vent slats and central air vent slats painted in exterior color." There is no selection for altering the color, though. I guess it's something you need to tell the dealer to include manually? Like, if my car is Miami Blue, and I want the vent slats black so I can get the leather surrounding trim...

I guess the other option is to select "Air Vents Painted" and just select black. I just don't like the silver/metallic trim. I want either black or leather.

Old 01-07-2018, 01:05 AM
Dr.Bill
Race Car

Received 726 Likes on 397 Posts

Air vent slats painted is a great option.
It's much more subtle in person than on the configurator images.
Sapphire blue 991.1 GT3:

Old 01-07-2018, 01:23 AM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Nah, I'm going for a clean look. If there will be color on the inside, it will only be the stitching. So I'm trying to find ways to get rid of the metallic looking trim. I want the trim either black or leather. Vents will stay black. But the blue does look nice as well.

I need to decide on exterior color.

If car is white, I'll go yellow stitching
If car is chalk, default stitching
If car is Miami Blue, not sure on stitching. Either default or maybe yellow
Old 01-07-2018, 01:30 AM
Dr. Ferdinand
Rennlist Member

Received 222 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by Lapis

It’s part of the vent slats painted option. Some people get vent slats painted black (same color they already are) just to get the leather and stitching on vent surrounds vs the standard plastic chrome.
Thanks for clarifying, makes the cost more digestible as I thought only way to get the side panel in leather was with the full (i.e. extended) leather dash option.

If one wants the slats painted and has a PTS build, is the price different that what the configurator states for a non-PTS color (i.e. $1,720 for the vents)?
Old 01-07-2018, 01:53 AM
beoliving
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by evilfij
It is perhaps more complicated than that.

There are four, yes four, vent options:

The first two are on the configurator for GT3:
Vents painted (outer body color or on the configurator you can pick any standard color and vent slats are covered in leather)
Vent slats painted (outer leather, with deviated stitching if applicable — make sure to note it in your build you want deviated and what color — and the slats themselves are painted the exterior color — a different color may/is available, but it is special request/CXX as it is not on the configurator, but I am pretty sure you can get black)

The next two are not on the GT configurator only on Carrera/turbo, but I believe are available CXX:
Vent slats in leather (standard silver outer, vent slats in leather — not sure why anyone would get this other than it is $500 or so less than the other choices)
Vents in leather (this, to me, is the best, the outer vents are in leather with decorative stitching — again be sure to specify what you want on your order — and the vent slats are in leather too).

PS if anyone has a set of vents in black leather with black stitching they want to sell, I am a buyer. After PTS fell through, I gave up on CXX other than the wood wheel which was pocket vetoed, but I really wanted the vents in leather.
My build comes with black leather for both the vents as the body. This is a CXX option, but no price increase on top of the two options listed on the configurator. You also can choose color of the stitching (in my case racing yellow) for no extra cost
Old 01-07-2018, 06:11 AM
rodney2
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Under interior leather options on the configurator. Air vents in leather---#CTK----$1720USD (no paint--all leather vent slats and trim, plus decorative stitching, stitching is whatever color the rest of your interior leather is unless you order deviated stitching.) Also under interior leather options, leather interior package standard interior--#EKD--$910 or leather interior package with leather interior #EKC $1100USD. EKC or EKC will get rid of the metallic looking trim across the dash and both doors. These prices and Code # are pulled off the Carrera S configurator. Not sure what model you are shopping for. On the GT3 I don't think the leather vents are optional. Only painted air vents which include the leather replacing the metal trim plus decorative stitching--#CDN--$1720USD. On the GT3 #EKD--$0USD for standard interior or #EKC--$0USD for leather interior will get rid of the metal trim across the dash and doors. On the GT3 painted vents option vents will come in exterior color Not sure if you can get them in deviated color without CXX which will be $$$.
Old 01-07-2018, 09:52 AM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Originally Posted by rodney2
Under interior leather options on the configurator. Air vents in leather---#CTK----$1720USD (no paint--all leather vent slats and trim, plus decorative stitching, stitching is whatever color the rest of your interior leather is unless you order deviated stitching.) Also under interior leather options, leather interior package standard interior--#EKD--$910 or leather interior package with leather interior #EKC $1100USD. EKC or EKC will get rid of the metallic looking trim across the dash and both doors. These prices and Code # are pulled off the Carrera S configurator. Not sure what model you are shopping for. On the GT3 I don't think the leather vents are optional. Only painted air vents which include the leather replacing the metal trim plus decorative stitching--#CDN--$1720USD. On the GT3 #EKD--$0USD for standard interior or #EKC--$0USD for leather interior will get rid of the metal trim across the dash and doors. On the GT3 painted vents option vents will come in exterior color Not sure if you can get them in deviated color without CXX which will be $$$.
Yeah this is for the new GT3. Your last statement: "painted vents option will come in exterior color, not sure if you can get them in deviated color" is the crux of the problem I guess. I'll need to find out. If I can't get them in black while having a blue or white exterior, then I'll have to skip it and just do the deviated vent paint in black to get rid of the metal looking trim.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:14 AM
rshanholtz
Rennlist Member

Received 166 Likes on 67 Posts

Yeah this is for the new GT3. Your last statement: "painted vents option will come in exterior color, not sure if you can get them in deviated color" is the crux of the problem I guess. I'll need to find out. If I can't get them in black while having a blue or white exterior, then I'll have to skip it and just do the deviated vent paint in black to get rid of the metal looking trim.
I ordered option CDN with my PTS build (Voodoo Blue) and asked for the slats to be painted a color other than PTS Exterior Color, This was approved as a CXX option (THANKS YANA). The price remained $1,720. I kept the leather surround in Black and the Stitching in Red to match the interior stitch color. I made the color of the vent slats subdued but not Black. I also made the dash trim (EKA) the same subdued color along with the Center Console Painted and Climate Control Painted. I went with Carbon in my GT4 and wanted to do something a little different this go around.
Old 01-07-2018, 10:58 AM
FourT6and2
Drifting

Originally Posted by rshanholtz

I ordered option CDN with my PTS build (Voodoo Blue) and asked for the slats to be painted a color other than PTS Exterior Color, This was approved as a CXX option (THANKS YANA). The price remained $1,720. I kept the leather surround in Black and the Stitching in Red to match the interior stitch color. I made the color of the vent slats subdued but not Black. I also made the dash trim (EKA) the same subdued color along with the Center Console Painted and Climate Control Painted. I went with Carbon in my GT4 and wanted to do something a little different this go around.
Sounds nice!

I'm not doing a PTS build. I don't want to add time and money. I'm happy with all the standard options. Just the metallic trim bugs me haha. Wish it were all carbon fiber to be honest. But I'd take leather or black.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:10 AM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 144 Likes on 70 Posts

Sounds nice!

.....Just the metallic trim bugs me haha. ....
Of all things , options, etc I feel the same LOL
Old 01-07-2018, 12:16 PM
beoliving
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

This was just posted by one user at the German Pff.de forum:
Old 01-07-2018, 07:16 PM
rodney2
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds nice!

I'm not doing a PTS build. I don't want to add time and money. I'm happy with all the standard options. Just the metallic trim bugs me haha. Wish it were all carbon fiber to be honest. But I'd take leather or black.
If Rshanholtz was able to get deviated slat color on PTS, more than likely they would do it with standard color options. I would ask Porsche Exclusive if they would give you CDN with no painted slats since the slats are already black in standard mode. Might luck out and get it at standard $1720 price since that would be so easy for them to do. Don't be afraid to call Porsche Exclusive in Atlanta. Their job is to assist you in personalizing your Porsche. They will be happy to assist you. For the record I don't like the metallic trim either.

Quick Reply: Leather/Stitching on A/C Vents?