Sponsored by:

Quirks/defects?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2018, 07:50 PM
dchang81
Instructor

Received 67 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Quirks/defects?

My keyless entry doesn't seem to work with the key in my pocket and when I use the buttons there is a lag of like half a second. Anyone else have that issue? Also how do u get the dash display to save your settings? Dropped off the car for a clear bra and noticed the loaner doesn't save the display settings either. Lastly it seems the seatbelt was installed incorrectly, it's as if they installed one side flipped 180 degrees. Anyone else ever see that? Not big issues and the dealer will sort it out but kinda annoying on a brand new car.
Old 09-11-2018, 08:56 PM
hbear
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Thankfully this doesn’t sound common.
Aa far as keyless, not an issue with mine. It never leaves my pocket and I have had zero issues starting or using the car. I wouldn’t recommend washing the car with key in your pocket however....too many stories of the frunk opening when hosing the hood

As for saving settings, did the dealership not give you a full walk through and set up help? If not you should, it’s helpful for stuff like this and setting up your phone, etc. Coles notes, set the display, then set key using the buttons on the door panel.

Old 09-11-2018, 08:59 PM
dchang81
Instructor

Went through inputting the settings and tutorial with the salesman. No problems with my macan with both the keyless and the dash settings. thought it odd both my 911 and the loaner 718 both don't remember my settings.
Old 09-11-2018, 09:28 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

Actually they probably are remembering the settings, the ones that were in place the last time the settings were saved to their respective key. Like hbear said in his last sentence, get the settings on everything done the way you want, then on the door press "set" then the button with the key symbol on it.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:00 PM
DaveGee
Rennlist Member

Received 459 Likes on 256 Posts

Yep, the drivers side seatbelt on my 911.50 was installed backwards. Probably the result of a rough prior night by Hans. Easy fix by the local dealer.

DaveGee
Old 09-11-2018, 10:08 PM
GTSdds
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Front lip spoiler bulging out/not seated:

I am waiting to get back to dealer to have rear quarter windows checked for proper install. Both my tint guy and Tim from Adonis detail found them to want to “pop out” when pushed on from inside.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:08 PM
boisenelson
Rennlist Member

Received 177 Likes on 131 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGee
Yep, the drivers side seatbelt on my 911.50 was installed backwards. Probably the result of a rough prior night by Hans. Easy fix by the local dealer.

DaveGee
Mine too on the passenger side. I flipped it around myself in about 15 minutes.
Old 09-11-2018, 10:17 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

Received 1,439 Likes on 777 Posts

On my 17 gts with "base" stereo the head unit lags from time to time. I get email notifications and after deleting the emails/texts on my phone it takes a while for the head unit to update. Wish it would display emails and texts while I drive
Old 10-01-2018, 06:28 PM
dchang81
Instructor

Anyone have a loud honk sound from the engine? Was going maybe 70 mph in 3rd and lifted off the gas then when I got back on there was a pretty loud honk sound for a split second from the rear. Car has only 160 miles on it.

And has no one had the issue with the key only working maybe 2 feet from the car using the unlock button? With it in my pocket it doesn't even recognize it, I have to take it out for keyless start to work. Both keys have the same issue. Super obnoxious, don't want to drop off my car already.
Old 10-02-2018, 08:54 PM
StormRune
Rennlist Member

Received 664 Likes on 357 Posts

Originally Posted by dchang81
Anyone have a loud honk sound from the engine? Was going maybe 70 mph in 3rd and lifted off the gas then when I got back on there was a pretty loud honk sound for a split second from the rear. Car has only 160 miles on it.

And has no one had the issue with the key only working maybe 2 feet from the car using the unlock button? With it in my pocket it doesn't even recognize it, I have to take it out for keyless start to work. Both keys have the same issue. Super obnoxious, don't want to drop off my car already.
I haven't had either of those happen.

But one question: With the key problem, does the key have that problem wherever the car is or does it only happen at home, at work, etc.? There are reports of RF keys having problems with RF jamming in certain circumstances, usually in special locations. Things like high-power lines, nearby cell towers, poorly made bluetooth/USB adapters, airports, etc can cause interference. If you have any accessories plugged into the car try unplugging them and see if that helps. Do you have your cell phone in the same pocket? Search for "keyless remote interference" or similar phrases for examples. If it is happening anywhere you take the car, all accessories are unplugged, and your phone isn't right next to the key, then it is probably the car.

The last possibility is if you wear lead-lined pants. I'm guessing that's unlikely.
Old 10-03-2018, 01:00 AM
dchang81
Instructor

Originally Posted by StormRune
I haven't had either of those happen.

But one question: With the key problem, does the key have that problem wherever the car is or does it only happen at home, at work, etc.? There are reports of RF keys having problems with RF jamming in certain circumstances, usually in special locations. Things like high-power lines, nearby cell towers, poorly made bluetooth/USB adapters, airports, etc can cause interference. If you have any accessories plugged into the car try unplugging them and see if that helps. Do you have your cell phone in the same pocket? Search for "keyless remote interference" or similar phrases for examples. If it is happening anywhere you take the car, all accessories are unplugged, and your phone isn't right next to the key, then it is probably the car.

The last possibility is if you wear lead-lined pants. I'm guessing that's unlikely.
Happens anywhere. No issues with my macan's keyless function. Keys in pocket alone, no accessories. It has to be the car. Just don't know what kind of fix would be involved, I don't want to already be away from the car so early in its life. I'll try wearing regular jeans without lead lining. Crazy that it can't even recognize the key when im sitting in it.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:27 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

Received 1,300 Likes on 730 Posts

It's definitely with a visit. This would be super annoying.
The honking I never heard of.
Old 10-03-2018, 07:47 AM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 621 Likes on 340 Posts

Dchang: I have the same issue with both keys. When in my pocket even right up against the door, the keyless entry doesnt work well at all and often requires me removing from my pocket.

I think its pretty common as many people have the problem that I know, but not all..
Old 10-03-2018, 08:10 AM
mjsporsche
Rennlist Member

Received 140 Likes on 90 Posts

Had the same problem with my 2015 Mercedes. The keyless entry would sometimes work. Sometimes not. Not a good thing for my wife when she was teaching in some rough neighborhoods Researched and deep dive into the technologies and learned that the signal sent by the key fob competes with your cell phone. If in the same pants pocket, the signal can sometimes get screwed up.

I was so upset about the problem as it could not be fixed. And safety was my concerned. The car was purchased back as a lemon.
Old 11-24-2018, 11:57 PM
GTSdds
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Update on my rear qtr windows..
Apparently all 991 rear qtr windows are "loose" when pushed from the inside. Dealer checked a GT2 RS and a base model '19 and found same ability to push them out from inside. FWIW

Quick Reply: Quirks/defects?