Sponsored by:

DIY Sport Design Rear Spoiler Carrera T

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2023, 10:37 PM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

Received 986 Likes on 492 Posts

Originally Posted by MemoS
I am not sure what spoiler you have installed on your car. I recently installed Moshammer on my 17 991.2 C2. I programmed it via PIWIS as having Aerokit Package. I also only have standard front bumper with OE sport lip. Aerokit Package looked very good I believe value is 552. At least that’s what I have on my notes. Original value is 750. since Moshammer is curvier I brought the value down to 450. No ill effects at sensible highway speeds and no cooling issues in hot Florida weather. Where are you in Florida?
Good info here! I’m in Broward county.
Old 10-31-2023, 10:57 PM
MemoS
Rennlist Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Tier1Terrier
Good info here! I’m in Broward county.
I am in East Orlando PM me if you need help.
The following users liked this post:
Tier1Terrier (11-01-2023)
Old 11-01-2023, 03:44 AM
Jespinal
Rennlist Member

Received 68 Likes on 20 Posts

My goodness, what is this COLOR???

Originally Posted by ash_schwin
@alex_c Thank you for creating this thread and posting the DIY with clear pics. I finally got my sport design spoiler painted and installed last week with the guidance from this thread. Happy to join the club!

alex_c (11-01-2023)
Old 11-01-2023, 11:35 AM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

I am not sure what spoiler you have installed on your car. I recently installed Moshammer on my 17 991.2 C2. I programmed it via PIWIS as having Aerokit Package. I also only have standard front bumper with OE sport lip. Aerokit Package looked very good I believe value is 552. At least that’s what I have on my notes. Original value is 750. since Moshammer is curvier I brought the value down to 450. No ill effects at sensible highway speeds and no cooling issues in hot Florida weather. Where are you in Florida?
@MemoS I forgot to ask... I can't tell from your photos if you have a sunroof. If so, is there a parameter that you changed for that as well? As you are probably aware, the spoiler goes up even higher when the sunroof is open. I'm curious if you saw or recall what the default value is for that parameter with the Aerokit Package since that might apply to my vehicle after installing the new wing.
Old 11-01-2023, 01:59 PM
MemoS
Rennlist Member

@MemoS I forgot to ask... I can't tell from your photos if you have a sunroof. If so, is there a parameter that you changed for that as well? As you are probably aware, the spoiler goes up even higher when the sunroof is open. I'm curious if you saw or recall what the default value is for that parameter with the Aerokit Package since that might apply to my vehicle after installing the new wing.
@Tier1Terrier Yes, my car is equipped with sunroof as well. I left the sunroof open value at factory Aerokit preset. I did not want to mess with the values not knowing the relationship between the open sunroof and the wing affect to overall aero dynamics. I rarely have the sunroof open and drive at speed. The only other parameter I changed is the speed at which the wing deploys to provide more air flow to the engine hoping to run cooler in hot Florida days. PIWIS provides flexibility to change all kinds of wing parameters including deploy/retrieve speeds in different drive modes. The only draw back is I wish I had taken German in high school since all programming language is in German. Its painful at times with technical terms and google translate.
Old 11-01-2023, 02:37 PM
ash_schwin
Rennlist Member

Received 423 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by Jespinal
My goodness, what is this COLOR???
Thank you, got lucky with perfect lighting....color is sapphire blue. Car is for sale by the way!
Old 11-01-2023, 03:37 PM
Tier1Terrier
Rennlist Member

@Tier1Terrier Yes, my car is equipped with sunroof as well. I left the sunroof open value at factory Aerokit preset. I did not want to mess with the values not knowing the relationship between the open sunroof and the wing affect to overall aero dynamics. I rarely have the sunroof open and drive at speed. The only other parameter I changed is the speed at which the wing deploys to provide more air flow to the engine hoping to run cooler in hot Florida days. PIWIS provides flexibility to change all kinds of wing parameters including deploy/retrieve speeds in different drive modes. The only draw back is I wish I had taken German in high school since all programming language is in German. Its painful at times with technical terms and google translate.
I will reveal now how little I understand the relation between airflow/cooling and vehicle performance. I am not one of those that drives around with my spoiler deployed unnecessarily but is there any harm in lowering the deployment speed and given your rationale for earlier deployment in hot climates such as South FL, is there any downside to making this change? In other words, what's the trade-off?
Old 11-01-2023, 04:26 PM
MemoS
Rennlist Member

I will reveal now how little I understand the relation between airflow/cooling and vehicle performance. I am not one of those that drives around with my spoiler deployed unnecessarily but is there any harm in lowering the deployment speed and given your rationale for earlier deployment in hot climates such as South FL, is there any downside to making this change? In other words, what's the trade-off?
To be honest with you I have not seen any significant difference in heat exchange so I would suggest program your wing to Aerokit Package and look at the angle of the wing. I lowered the deploy speed to match the “Sport Mode” You can drive yourself crazy with infinite wing adjustments available with PIWIS. What would be nice is to figure out how to activate the oil cooler in regular mode without switching to sport mode. Activating the cooler rapidly reduces oil temperatures in Florida heat However I am not fan of the artificial exhaust drama of pops and crackles in heavy traffic which we need extra cooling. I might have to take some German classes
Old 11-20-2023, 04:31 PM
AdamSanta85
Rennlist Member

Received 1,242 Likes on 728 Posts

Anyone know correct Step position for 991.2 SD spoiler? My T with no sunroof is Step 1: 0, 2: 660, 3: 840, 4: 840

Should I set Pos 2 to 552? 450?
Tier1Terrier (11-20-2023)
Old 07-23-2024, 11:24 PM
InTgr8r
Rennlist Member

Received 111 Likes on 82 Posts

wow... can't believe I stumbled across this thread.
I've been considering this change on my car; absolutely love the look of this SD rear spoiler!!!!
Tons of great info !!!
thanks
alex_c (07-23-2024)

Quick Reply: DIY Sport Design Rear Spoiler Carrera T