Sponsored by:

Cheap Fix - Trim Glare

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2018, 10:32 PM
AlBinVA
Racer

Received 110 Likes on 63 Posts
Default Cheap Fix - Trim Glare

I had my PPF guy install Expel Stealth film on my console trim piece to see how it would deal with the bright reflection of the sun. In direct sun, the trim is shiny, but does not have the blinding glare I used to get. As a by-product, it should help prevent scratches. Full disclosure, the picture does not look as bright as the real time event, but the glare is definitely subdued. It was a 15 minute job and my guy did it gratis.
Old 09-07-2018, 10:44 PM
2cardinalalums
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very well done. looks nice. I haven't actually noticed any glare. Hopefully, this didn't just make me tuned to notice it...
Old 09-08-2018, 02:12 AM
amet
Rennlist Member

Received 84 Likes on 36 Posts

I did the similar thing on mine, but using matte black vinyl... looks very close to the rest of the black plastic.

Might have to do it again as there are few bubbles on the rightside of the trim, easy DIY but have to work on it outside to see the imperfections when applying it.

Old 09-08-2018, 02:46 PM
Bud Taylor
Drifting

Received 404 Likes on 289 Posts
Default Looks great

I'm gonna do this...

Originally Posted by AlBinVA
I had my PPF guy install Expel Stealth film on my console trim piece to see how it would deal with the bright reflection of the sun. In direct sun, the trim is shiny, but does not have the blinding glare I used to get. As a by-product, it should help prevent scratches. Full disclosure, the picture does not look as bright as the real time event, but the glare is definitely subdued. It was a 15 minute job and my guy did it gratis.

Quick Reply: Cheap Fix - Trim Glare