Close one. Would have ruined my night. - Page 2 - Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Go Back  Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums > Water Cooled Technical Discussion Areas > 991
Reload this Page >

Close one. Would have ruined my night.

Notices
Sponsored by:

Close one. Would have ruined my night.

Old 09-07-2018, 12:40 PM
spiderv6
Super User

Those guys are really good at making it totally disappear. Black wheels of course show off the scars so much more obviously! That wheel insurance is worth every penny!!
Old 09-07-2018, 12:48 PM
Code
Addict
Rennlist Member

Wow that is WAY too close for comfort. Why are there no modern "curb feelers" for cars yet? Seems like you easily use the same proximity senors used for the front and rear bumpers, and just put them on the side of the car at a downward angle. Would be super awesome to have parking block sensors as well.
Old 09-07-2018, 12:51 PM
wes66vette
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Code View Post
Wow that is WAY too close for comfort. Why are there no modern "curb feelers" for cars yet? Seems like you easily use the same proximity senors used for the front and rear bumpers, and just put them on the side of the car at a downward angle. Would be super awesome to have parking block sensors as well.
Not to derail or highjack the thread...but does anyone else's parking sensor just randomly go off...most of the time it is at a stop light...I thought it might be another car with a similar system...and it is intermittent, so super hard to show the SA @ the dealership...
Old 09-07-2018, 12:58 PM
caritch
User

Yes. Very rarely and usually when it's hot out, and usually when stopped with another car in front of me (initially no indication then all of a sudden it goes red). Wondering if it's exhaust heat or something. Idk. But rare.
Old 09-07-2018, 01:24 PM
GTSdds
User

If one has RAS, would you scrape upon pulling away sharply?
That would suck to narrowly miss on the way in just to shred it simply pulling away..
Old 09-07-2018, 01:31 PM
caritch
User

Interesting? I don't have it so can't personally comment.
Old 09-07-2018, 02:17 PM
n8kruger
Addict
Rennlist Member

Another reason to switch to the Michelin MPS4s. They have a little lip that may protect.
Old 09-07-2018, 02:42 PM
Code
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by n8kruger View Post
Another reason to switch to the Michelin MPS4s. They have a little lip that may protect.
The lip on the P-Zero is more pronounced. (I recently switched to 4S from P-Zero)
Old 09-07-2018, 07:08 PM
dkhm3
User

That's nothing. I got this beauty at downtown LA parking structure, on my X5M. almost goes halfway through the rim.

Old 09-07-2018, 07:34 PM
BSO
User

Originally Posted by subshooter View Post
This person must park blind and by feel. Run away if you see it coming!
Old 09-08-2018, 11:47 AM
GraSox
Addict
Rennlist Member

Yep, just had this happen to me. I sometimes park close to curb so I have extra room on the other side so people don’t wack the car with their car door. I just turned the wheels backing out a little to early and it got the wheel. Dumb mistake but my wheel guy fixed it so I can’t even tell.
Old 09-08-2018, 12:09 PM
m5biemer
User

Originally Posted by wes66vette View Post
Not to derail or highjack the thread...but does anyone else's parking sensor just randomly go off...most of the time it is at a stop light...I thought it might be another car with a similar system...and it is intermittent, so super hard to show the SA @ the dealership...
I noticed it as well, last time it happened near a new F-150 which had the blind spot protectors built into the rear tail lights. Tried it with our F150 and yes, that's the culprit. Assume other makes/models will have this effect also.
Old 09-08-2018, 02:48 PM
macanakey
Addict
Rennlist Member

It's Ford's park sensors. My Macan goes bananas any time I'm stopped in traffic & there's a Ford around me. I've not noticed in in the 911, though.
Old 09-08-2018, 03:37 PM
SeymourButts
User

Happens to me all the time when I'm in traffic.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: