Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Different LED Headlight Options?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 10:09 AM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,455 Likes on 2,359 Posts
Default Different LED Headlight Options?

I want the ones with the Black outer ring and it appears I have to select the option that costs $2,770 under the Exterior section on the configurator (Targa GTS); however, I had already selected the Premium Package Plus for $2,160, the one with 18 way seats. The package includes LED headlights but I think they are different and they have a Gray outer ring: is this correct? I do not want to spend $2,770 if they are included in the package. Here is my code if it makes it more understandable. The picture of the car's headlights change when I select/deselect options and based on that it appears there are 2 different types of LED headlights but I want to be sure and I have seen mistakes in the pictures before:

http://www.porsche-code.com/PKHQ5XU3
Old 09-08-2018, 01:14 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

I was finally able to have my SA look into it with me and he confirmed there is a problem with the configurator and it is not updating the picture of the car properly. Basically, there are in fact 2 LED headlight options: 1 with a Gray outer rim (in the Premium Package Plus) and 1 with a Black outer rim as a stand alone option.
Old 09-08-2018, 01:21 PM
saundebn
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Bob, I would get on the horn immediately with your SA ... when I look at the configuration on Internet Explorer in 2D or 3D, when you select only the package, the lights show up as Bi-Zenon instead of LEDs as listed in the description. The tool only shows LEDs when the $2770 LED option is clicked and even with that, the LEDs show up appearing much blacker in the 2D view as opposed to the 3D view. Something is clearly amiss here.

I don't see this confusion issue looking at my C2S configuration where the package and exterior options seem to allow me to clearly pick and view the three choices, Bi-Zenon, LED grey, and LED black. And I note that black versus grey LEDs is only a $750 difference (once you've included the premium package with LEDs selected).
Old 09-08-2018, 01:47 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Thanks, but as I posted, my SA said the configurator is not showing the LED headlights properly. In another thread someone posted about the $750 difference as well but maybe it changed for the 2019 MY since if you looked at my code in the configurator you would see that there are not the selections you mention. Or maybe the Targa GTS is different? I want the HEDs with the Black outer rim so from what I was told I must select the stand alone option, and I want the Premium Package Plus as it gives me other things I want. Hopefully this will be resolved by Monday morning as my freeze date was yesterday and I know I can make changes before it goes to V250 status.
Old 09-08-2018, 02:19 PM
One N Done
Instructor

Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

I ordered the premium plus package and the stand alone LED in black ($2770) on my GTS. I wanted them in black, but didnt see any other option either.
Old 09-08-2018, 02:24 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 635 Likes on 346 Posts

I think one n done is correct. The version of LED that comes with PPP is GREY ring. The only way to get black is pay the stand alone price of $2770.

Thats why I couldn't justify it. $3000 to get a black ring over Grey? Cray Cray..
Old 09-08-2018, 04:11 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

The option with the Black outer rim is $2,770 and considering what he PPP has in it when you add it all up is not that expensive, and the PPP is much more on models other than the GTS so I am happy with it. Besides, the ones with Black outer ring look so much better on a GTS than the Gray outer ring.

Quick Reply: Different LED Headlight Options?