Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kline, Fabspeed, or Vektor Headers? 991.2

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2018, 11:40 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 635 Likes on 346 Posts

I think the answer is definitely yes. It is allowing the turbos to spool much more quickly and reach maximum potential.
Even if you decide not to raise the ceiling with a tune, the headers allow you to hit the limiter, whereas without them you can't.

My opinion at least
Old 12-22-2018, 12:30 AM
arter
Rennlist Member

Received 154 Likes on 94 Posts

I easily hit the throttle blade limit with stock headers ( and sport cats) and the stage 1 tune.

Old 12-22-2018, 08:25 AM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Arter: You are the first person I have ever heard that has been able to get the throttle blade to close with stock headers. These Cobb guys got their work cut out for them in figuring this out...
Old 12-22-2018, 10:49 AM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

Received 354 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by jnkirk1974
I can't tell if all of this is making the case for me to get headers or NOT to get headers.
Well, think of it this way. The ECU is doing exactly what it should do to maintain safety. The fluctuations in the throttle plate you don't 'feel' at all. In fact there's only drivability improvements (as well as ultimate power) when improving the efficiency of the engine with a well designed set of performance optimized headers.
Based on the feedback we've had and what's seen on forums I can't think of a single instance someone installed headers on a 991.2 and regretted it.
Old 12-22-2018, 03:51 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,252 Likes on 662 Posts

Originally Posted by jnkirk1974
I can't tell if all of this is making the case for me to get headers or NOT to get headers.
Only do it if you like smiling. I was shocked to see the data logs that the throttle was closing. Because it sure as hell doesn't feel like its closing. The car is a rocketship. A rocketship with the throttle closed. Hmmmm, what is it going to be like with full throttle? To answer your question, YES you want headers.

Headers have created headroom for more power. Even if you don't do stage 2 or Custom, they create more power with stage 1, even though it is closing the throttle. The car is doing this effortlessly. I want to give it something hard to do.
Old 12-22-2018, 03:55 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

4 post 0 and Vektor are correct in stating that this "choking of the throttle" is nothing that can be felt at all. It is being controlled electronically and there is no stutter or cut off or anything that can be felt. I am certain that anyone that has driven these cars would never known anything was restricting the power at all. If it wasn't for the data logs and charts none of us would have known.

But, now that we DO know, the future is looking very bright for the day they can tune the car to eliminate the choke and let the car go all out. Oh my is this car going to fly..
Old 12-22-2018, 04:16 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by PTS-BRG
But, now that we DO know, the future is looking very bright for the day they can tune the car to eliminate the choke and let the car go all out. Oh my is this car going to fly..
+100

PTS-BRG There is one metric that cannot be manipulated or tampered with. Its the true test of power. It needs no calibration or adjustment. Its trap speed or MPH at the end of a Quarter mile.

If you are near a drag strip, I would love to see what your car could do. I would predict you would be around 10.9 @ 130 MPH. Now ignore your time the 10.9 or whatever you get, because that is more about the driver. The MPH is just about the CAR. MPH proves HP.

By the time these cars are tuned properly we should be seeing Mid 10's at close to 135 MPH.

Plenty of guys have done 11.2 @ 128 with just stage 1. Its rainy season here. Everytime I go to head out it rains. The track is a fair distance from me Once it cools off a bit and stops raining, I will get out there and see what MPH my car can do. MPH is a far better indicator of your cars power than a dyno. You can ignore all other data. Your time doesn't matter, your response time or your 60 foot. All of that is about the driver. But MPH is 100% about the car.

I'm only interested in what MPH everyone's car can put down. If someone else has a different tune, that is the best test to compare, Brand X vs COBB. What MPH the car can run. Cheers.
Old 12-22-2018, 05:09 PM
Psorcery
Banned

Received 171 Likes on 127 Posts

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
+100

PTS-BRG There is one metric that cannot be manipulated or tampered with. Its the true test of power. It needs no calibration or adjustment. Its trap speed or MPH at the end of a Quarter mile.

If you are near a drag strip, I would love to see what your car could do. I would predict you would be around 10.9 @ 130 MPH. Now ignore your time the 10.9 or whatever you get, because that is more about the driver. The MPH is just about the CAR. MPH proves HP.

By the time these cars are tuned properly we should be seeing Mid 10's at close to 135 MPH.

Plenty of guys have done 11.2 @ 128 with just stage 1. Its rainy season here. Everytime I go to head out it rains. The track is a fair distance from me Once it cools off a bit and stops raining, I will get out there and see what MPH my car can do. MPH is a far better indicator of your cars power than a dyno. You can ignore all other data. Your time doesn't matter, your response time or your 60 foot. All of that is about the driver. But MPH is 100% about the car.

I'm only interested in what MPH everyone's car can put down. If someone else has a different tune, that is the best test to compare, Brand X vs COBB. What MPH the car can run. Cheers.
I've done 11.02 @ 128 with a 1.7 60ft.. RWD.

Best bet is to be one of the first ones at the track because within an hour the track prep is gone.. Recently I've been getting more traction on the street than the drag strip.

I made a thread in the TT section. I encountered a 991.1 TTS cab and my car was slightly pulling away from the TTS every time. The one time I let him in front of me and punch it first I matched his power and began to reel him in slowly. This is on the 93 map... He was in a cab and I have a GTS on the heavier side (3400 pounds on the dot). I did have myself(200 pounds) and a friend whose near that weight also.
Old 12-22-2018, 08:45 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Psorcery
I've done 11.02 @ 128 with a 1.7 60ft.. RWD.

Best bet is to be one of the first ones at the track because within an hour the track prep is gone.. Recently I've been getting more traction on the street than the drag strip.

I made a thread in the TT section. I encountered a 991.1 TTS cab and my car was slightly pulling away from the TTS every time. The one time I let him in front of me and punch it first I matched his power and began to reel him in slowly. This is on the 93 map... He was in a cab and I have a GTS on the heavier side (3400 pounds on the dot). I did have myself(200 pounds) and a friend whose near that weight also.
Flat 11 is Good but always frustrating when you are about to bust into a lower bracket. 0.03 from a 10. so close and yet, not done until its done.

128 MPH is not bad, I think we will see 130's very soon.
Old 03-23-2019, 11:05 PM
Dtkf
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
Flat 11 is Good but always frustrating when you are about to bust into a lower bracket. 0.03 from a 10. so close and yet, not done until its done.

128 MPH is not bad, I think we will see 130's very soon.
So basically there are no negative effects with changing the headers?
Old 03-24-2019, 06:01 PM
Cyberbug
Rennlist Member

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Dtkf
So basically there are no negative effects with changing the headers?
there is

it lightens the wallet

Quick Reply: Kline, Fabspeed, or Vektor Headers? 991.2