Originally Posted by flsupraguy
Nice, I assume was a manual GTS?
From their Facebook page, the car is a C4S:

Old 09-09-2018, 02:39 PM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Received 543 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by basic666
Any more details on the ceramic coating besides "more heat is better"? Has anyone actually bought the vektor headers and posted any sort of reviews yet?
Lastly, some Swaintech reviews from a bit back. I personally used Swaintech on a cast turbo manifold back in 2001. Beat the hell out of it with track use and DD use for 80k miles before I sold the car. The coating yellowed a smidge, maybe from the occasional oil drop on it, but otherwise looked just as robust as the first day I got it.

https://rennlist.com/forums/944-turb...ersations.html

Old 09-09-2018, 08:49 PM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

Received 354 Likes on 222 Posts

Originally Posted by basic666
if you have additional details about headers please share here or pm me as well. Been thinking about upgrading to some sport cats soon, but still undecided about the headers with similar thoughts as OP.
Some good observations and details spelled out already. Let me add to this...

Our collector is a rotary style, not flat. Flat collectors will scavenge differently from the center primary to the side collector primaries. A rotary collector will scavenge from each primary equally, which means gasses will evacuate the cylinders more equally, which in turn allows them to fill more evenly on the intake stroke.

We use a cast collector over a fabricated version for a couple of reasons. One is that a casting give a lot more design freedom for performance optimization. A fabricated collector (no matter how good the fab guy) will never be as internally smooth or consistent as a casting. It also provides for a more consistent product in general.

We use 321 Stainless. For those not familiar with this stainless alloy, the make-up is nearly exactly the same as 304 with the exception of the alloying element titanium. 321 has greater at temperature strength and thermal capabilities than 304. A downside of this alloy is that the cost is nearly double that of 304. The alloy was developed to fill a need in the aviation industry for a material better suited for turbocharger exhaust manifold duties, specifically to address longevity. It then trickled down to be used in motorsports. We can also provide an Inconel solution, but I would expect that cost to be +5X of the stainless version. 321's benefits allow us to provide a lifetime warranty for our headers.

As a finishing process, we do internally blend all the ports as necessary. You won't seen any internal lumpy welds, ridges or the like. We have a finishing guy whos sole purpose is to smooth and blend internal surfaces of our exhaust products.

Looks like the Swain Tech has been covered extensively. It's good stuff. Really good stuff. The day I see a better product come to the market, we'll change. Until then we will continue to offer it.

Our headers come at a premium price, but you're getting a premium product with high quality (US cert.) premium materials, an exceptional level of design, craftsmanship, and performance.

Originally Posted by flsupraguy
Nice, I assume was a manual GTS?
C4S PDK, not GTS

Originally Posted by spdracerut
From their Facebook page, the car is a C4S:
^ True! We have a 2017 C4S. That pic was taken at a local PCA Auto-X event All the results we post are on this car, including the Mustang dyno figures above.
Old 09-10-2018, 04:15 AM
Cheshi143
Rennlist Member

Received 284 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by SamboTT@ByDesign
Hi gents,

With the Kline system we have had amazing proven results on all Porsche models and Kline has been doing them for over 10 years. On the new Carreras we just have not enough guys who visit the Dyno. I can tell you that years of experience with Exhaust systems on Porsche cars has gone into them. Equal length proper engineered runner size and design, a nice hand made merge collecter designed to take ground clearance into concideration and a 100% track record on longevity and quality. We offer SS as well as Inconel 625 materials. As for coatings Kline employs a 2 Stage Zichromium coating like used on Pagani cars and many other top exotic and race teams. We understand the need for more independent testing so I would be glad to work out special deal or even group by with anyone who would like to put them to the test and we will support you 100% with our earned reputations and guarantee we hold very dear.We have been lucky enough to work with some really special projects and teams including Porsche on the Pike’s Peak Hillclimb I really put our manifolds and theories to the test including some pretty serious airborne excursions ha ha. Has proven on the other models I think we have come up with something that sounds amazing, performs wonderfully, is very reliable andTakes into consideration all the design parameters as well as options for each clients needs.

Feel free to to reach out if I can answer any questions and again you have my full support on our product and what we promised to deliver. Cheers guys!

Those look great. How much for a set?
Old 09-10-2018, 12:37 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 917 Likes on 560 Posts

SS $2495 Inconel 625 $4495
Forum members always get 10% off plus free shipping and we are willing to offer some support for Dyno costs to share data.

Proud TOP Porsche Distributor For:

Kline-Innovation - ams Performance - TiALSPORT/XONA - #1 COBB PRO TUNER - CSF - IPD Plenums - DO88 - dodsonmotorsport

310-600-1850 - sam@bydesignauto.com
Old 09-10-2018, 12:39 PM
basic666
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

damn inconel is expensive! do anyone have more details on how much of a different the material makes? I understand inconel is a lot lighter and in general a more exotic material, but is it worth it?
Old 09-10-2018, 01:25 PM
SamboTT@ByDesign
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 917 Likes on 560 Posts

It’s like anything worth it to some and not to others. We pride ourselves and offering a variety and working with the most exotic material available. It’s a little lighter which to many won’t matter much and it can handle more as far as corrosion resistance and heat but we are not pushing at that level. Kind of like when you buy anything you don’t always need the highest model but it’s nice to have the best if you have the means. Combined with the full exhaust system it does make a very nice difference in sound and pitch. That said, the stainless is absolutely amazing!

Just want to make myself available if I may help with anything at all.

Last edited by SamboTT@ByDesign; 09-10-2018 at 10:13 PM.
Old 09-10-2018, 02:06 PM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

As Sambo said, Inconel is a good choice when you are shaving grams or looking for 150 RPMs of spool, and the conditions are grueling enough to require the increased toughness. At those levels price is rarely at the forefront of the purchasing decision. We quote Inconel several times a year, but actually sold are few. More often used in off-road rally where vibration and impact play a more significant role in the conditions the manifold is exposed to, and the additional toughness can be capitalized on.

I don't know where Sambo's Inconel products are sourced, but I know our US certified suppliers are nowhere near that in price.
Old 09-10-2018, 04:54 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,189 Likes on 628 Posts

Originally Posted by VektorPerformance
As Sambo said, Inconel is a good choice when you are shaving grams or looking for 150 RPMs of spool, and the conditions are grueling enough to require the increased toughness. At those levels price is rarely at the forefront of the purchasing decision. We quote Inconel several times a year, but actually sold are few. More often used in off-road rally where vibration and impact play a more significant role in the conditions the manifold is exposed to, and the additional toughness can be capitalized on.

I don't know where Sambo's Inconel products are sourced, but I know our US certified suppliers are nowhere near that in price.
What would perform better, Your Vektor headers in Inconel or with Swain Tech coating?
Old 09-10-2018, 05:27 PM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by 4 Point 0
What would perform better, Your Vektor headers in Inconel or with Swain Tech coating?
Multi-Layer Ceramic Swain Tech Coating over a 321 Stainless Steel base metal, like we use with our performance headers, will outperform raw Inconel.
Old 09-24-2018, 05:10 PM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I just got a set of Kline Headers to install on a GTS this week. We did a before dyno run and will do an after. Will be a little skewed though as we are also doing an IPD and an AMS set of Intercoolers. Controlling that will be a Cobb tune. We already have an Agency Power exhaust on car. Car pulled an extra 13HP over stock with the exhaust. We will see what the rest of the package does. The Kline headers look sweet.
Old 09-24-2018, 08:21 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 621 Likes on 340 Posts

Please post those dyno results ASAP!! THX
Old 09-24-2018, 10:28 PM
spdracerut
Three Wheelin'

Received 543 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Viperbob1
I just got a set of Kline Headers to install on a GTS this week. We did a before dyno run and will do an after. Will be a little skewed though as we are also doing an IPD and an AMS set of Intercoolers. Controlling that will be a Cobb tune. We already have an Agency Power exhaust on car. Car pulled an extra 13HP over stock with the exhaust. We will see what the rest of the package does. The Kline headers look sweet.
Any pics of the inside of the Kline headers? Runner entrances and inside or the collector?
Old 09-24-2018, 11:29 PM
Viperbob1
Nordschleife Master

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I will post pics of the headers tomorrow and the after dyno results later in the week.... They are very good looking units. Here is one pic of the inlets. Look very good. Will have a better one with the flash on or better lighting.

Old 09-27-2018, 11:52 AM
VektorPerformance
Former Vendor

Viperbob1 you may want to lay a gasket over that flange before you install them on the car. If the gasket sealing ring is close, or exposed, to the exhaust gasses it very likely will cause a premature gasket failure. You can see where the ends of each weld stitch, the puddle goes wide into the flange mating surface quite a bit. For OEM heads I like to see +2mm between gasket and port inner surfaces with turbo manifolds for longevity. A dedicated racecar with a regular teardown/rebuild schedule can get away with less on the OEM gaskets, but often at that level OEM gaskets are not used. If they need attention, now is the time to address it as it's an easy fix. If the pic is misleading than rip it up

Quick Reply: Kline, Fabspeed, or Vektor Headers? 991.2