Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

GTS "KISS" build - comments welcome

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 01:19 PM
cgardnerma
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Hah. Chalk was my second choice. I went back and forth.
Old 09-03-2018, 01:21 PM
cgardnerma
Intermediate

Originally Posted by reacher
Agreed, black logos. And keyless entry is an absolute must IMHO. I'd also add the Bose.
I agree, but black logos are standard on the GTS, unless I missed something big. They are black in the configurator pictures, anyway.
Old 09-03-2018, 02:06 PM
koala
Three Wheelin'

Received 540 Likes on 316 Posts

RAS for sure. I also think heated and ventilated seats are absolutely worth it. I had a Cayenne loaner a few weeks back and it really made me realize how much I'd love to have vented seats in the 911.
Old 09-03-2018, 03:08 PM
PCA1983
Rennlist Member

Received 462 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by cgardnerma
I agree, but black logos are standard on the GTS, unless I missed something big. They are black in the configurator pictures, anyway.
I don't know the GTS options quite as well because mine is a Black S Endurance Racing Edition with X51 PowerKit My logo lettering is Black and I'm lovin it.
However, In the GTS model Configurator it did picture that Silver GTS with Black painted Logos, but it also allowed me the option of adding the Black painted Logos for $680. So I'm confused. A guess is the picture is wrong, but maybe they should not have offered the Black painted logos option on the GTS. Which is it?
Old 09-03-2018, 03:25 PM
Ed911.2
Instructor

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice build. The GTS comes with quite a few desirable options as standard, so a short list doesn’t necessarily make it a “stripper”.

I would echo other comments about RAS. You get benefit from it almost all the time the car is in motion: fast, slow, parking or manoeuvring, so amazingly cheap for what it does. PDCC gives you better ride AND handling, why wouldn’t you? On a twisty road, RAS + PDCC turns it into a joyous missile - $3k to get both, BARGAIN!

I have a GT Silver GTS with Black/Bordeaux and love it. I have FAL as well as RAS + PDCC but that’s only due to the size of some of the traffic humps where I live, I don’t think it’s essential unless you know you might have issues with clearances.

Edit: So glad I got keyless entry, it really should be standard on a car of this price.
Old 09-03-2018, 06:35 PM
cgardnerma
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 09RedGTS
I don't know the GTS options quite as well because mine is a Black S Endurance Racing Edition with X51 PowerKit My logo lettering is Black and I'm lovin it.
However, In the GTS model Configurator it did picture that Silver GTS with Black painted Logos, but it also allowed me the option of adding the Black painted Logos for $680. So I'm confused. A guess is the picture is wrong, but maybe they should not have offered the Black painted logos option on the GTS. Which is it?
Ooh. I love those Endurance cars. Nice ride!
Old 09-03-2018, 06:47 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

In the configurator look the Standard Equipment in the upper left and under Body you will see that the rear emblems are Matte Black.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:17 PM
evilfij
SJW, a Carin' kinda guy
Rennlist Member

Received 622 Likes on 433 Posts

Light design package is a waste of $510.

I like autodim mirrors, but I am very light sensitive.

Not a big fan of the brushed aluminum with black/Bordeaux interior as it gives a tricolor look to the interior. I would opt for the free leather door/dash/console trim. But that is just personal taste.
Old 09-03-2018, 07:21 PM
cgardnerma
Intermediate

Originally Posted by evilfij
Light design package is a waste of $510.

I like autodim mirrors, but I am very light sensitive.

Not a big fan of the brushed aluminum with black/Bordeaux interior as it gives a tricolor look to the interior. I would opt for the free leather door/dash/console trim. But that is just personal taste.
Wow. Didn't even know you could do that. Hmmm. Thanks!
Old 09-03-2018, 08:02 PM
john45in
Rennlist Member

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

I'd ditch the center line wheels. To me, the 5-lug wheels are the way to go for simplicity and you don't have to carry around the huge torque wrench.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:10 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by john45in
I'd ditch the center line wheels. To me, the 5-lug wheels are the way to go for simplicity and you don't have to carry around the huge torque wrench.
I agree, which is what I did but I did so because I did not like the way they looked. Some will say that a GTS should have the CLs but not me.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:12 PM
4 Point 0
Rennlist Member

Received 1,280 Likes on 677 Posts

If you are an analogue guy, (it sounds like you are) Ditch the RAS and FAL and PDCC. All not needed at all. Great if you are a dentist. But if you want to track and love purity, then absolutely not needed at all.

I was told by a stack of track guys not needed. BBI actually now offer a RAS delete, as more and more track GT3 guys want it off their car. Its another thing to over heat and fail. If you drive the to mall and worry about manoeuvring your car, than RAS is for you. if you want pure analogue feedback, don't waste the coin.

If you want the thing to stick like nothing else, the money is better spent on spherical bearing adjustable arms and even coilovers. There are something you want to control yourself.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:30 PM
captainkirk
Pro

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts

Ditch the centerlock wheels. It is an absurd option...
Old 09-03-2018, 08:35 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by captainkirk
Ditch the centerlock wheels. It is an absurd option...
They are actually standard on the GTS, but again, I agree to pass on them unless you like them.
Old 09-03-2018, 08:57 PM
lhouck12
Intermediate

Received 27 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Similar build

I also went minimalist for the GTS. As others mentioned the GTS comes with some options already. I have had mine since January and here are the things I would add if I did it again.

Lane chang assist: never had in before my Macan and wife’s Audi. Didn’t think I miss it but I wish I had the indicator light

keyless entry: again had it on Macan and would get again

leather pacakage: another one I probably wouldn’t notice if it didn’t have it on Macan. The dash finished in leather gives it more luxury feel immediately.

I chose not not to go with rear wheel steer to keep in more like a 911 of course though I drove one with it. Don’t think I could tell unless I drove back to back.

The multifunction steerig wheel wheel is a must imo. And living in Florida the ventilated seats are nice touch.

I love the centerlocks. Make it different from base Carrera. Only tool you need it 250$ torque wrench I got from amazon. Don’t understand all the hassle people refer too. Car doesn’t have a spare. Any serious tire damage and your getting a flatbed back to shop with or without centerlocks.
http://www.porsche-code.com/PJPVTXI4

Quick Reply: GTS "KISS" build - comments welcome