Sponsored by:

My 911 - C2 - Assume Lease

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 11:29 AM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Received 2,219 Likes on 1,117 Posts

Originally Posted by TAch Miami
If you are going to lease again, ask you dealer if they are doing a lease loyalty program. This south Florida dealer can do up to 12 months lease forgiveness.
https://www.porschewestbroward.com/s...sid-84907.html

Old 08-28-2018, 11:30 AM
dkmesa
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 35 Posts

Does the lease have a current payoff? Residual plus remaining lease payments is in the ballpark of a fair asking price, but curious if the lease has a clause to allow you to purchase off lease then sell. Thanks.

EDIT: Just saw your response in between when I opened this thread and when I responded. Thank you.
Old 08-28-2018, 11:49 AM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Originally Posted by dkmesa
Does the lease have a current payoff? Residual plus remaining lease payments is in the ballpark of a fair asking price, but curious if the lease has a clause to allow you to purchase off lease then sell. Thanks.

EDIT: Just saw your response in between when I opened this thread and when I responded. Thank you.
Thanks, I'll find out more today when I visit my SA. But certainly, if I were to buy it and then resell, Porsche cannot interfere. However, I won't do that. I'll ask if somebody else can but it off lease or assume the lease.

He has me set up to take a Boxster GTS out for a spin for comparison. It's going to need to be incredible for me to consider it. However, it might give me some insight into how I might like a 718 Spyder.

I am also going to ask him if I can hold off on a build until December, after the LA Auto show where the 992 will be introduced. I probably should see the official release before deciding against it. Having said that, if somebody wants my current car now, I am ready to let it go.
Old 08-28-2018, 04:53 PM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Lease assumption: Confirmed that a lease can be assumed, but not the responsibility. So, no-brainer, I won't do a lease assumption. I'll consider a buy out if anybody is interested.
Old 08-28-2018, 05:21 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 304 Likes on 183 Posts

Originally Posted by Dan Nagy
Lease assumption: Confirmed that a lease can be assumed, but not the responsibility. So, no-brainer, I won't do a lease assumption. I'll consider a buy out if anybody is interested.
Dan- be sure you know what the sales tax issues are in a lease buyout. I know in CT, you need to add the tax to the buyout amount. So if I wanted to buyout the lease and sell the car, the tax becomes part of my cost basis. Pretty stinky. Just be sure you know how your state treats the transfers.
Old 08-28-2018, 07:58 PM
rwschill
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Porsche will also allow a lease extension up to six months, just continue the same
Payment and includes more miles.
Old 08-28-2018, 08:36 PM
Dan Nagy
Race Car

Originally Posted by rwschill
Porsche will also allow a lease extension up to six months, just continue the same
Payment and includes more miles.
So I’ll just hand it over in a few months, but thanks all for your interest.

Quick Reply: My 911 - C2 - Assume Lease