Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New to me 991.1

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2018, 08:32 AM
cvtbenhogan
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 31 Posts

Thanks for all the comments. Really enjoying the 991.

The detailing work is well underway with the car getting clay and 2 coats of wax. The white paint is popping now. Will need some paint correction down the road. The 991 took a rock chip on the drivers side mirror courstey of the state of Nebraska. I’ll sort this out when touching up nicks on lower front spoiler.

Ragg topp really brought back the nice black color on the top. Though some fraying and shiny spots on the top did put my OCD into overdrive. I’m coping and need to accept this as normal for a cab. That said, must say the profile of the top is great and 991 really pulls it off. I’ve been a die hard coupe guy. The smart top looks like a good mod.

Beige leather was cleaned once and looks great. One more time and conditioner left to do. We absolutely love the interior.

New stoneguards really helped clean things up. These really work too. It was a snap doing these given the many jobs I’ve done on the 997. There were 3 stones imbedded in the old film and happily none made it to the paint.

5w 50 Mobil oil change complete. Easy job and I do like the filter on top. Almost 9 quarts of oil. I’ll change the plugs and engine filters in a few weeks.

Rims are in perfect shape. Will need rear tires likely by next year. We really like the platinum color of the wheels and much more than we thought initially. The color blends welll with the black top and beige interior. The prior owner nailed it spec’ing this car.

Will send a few post detailing pics shortly. And more driving impressions. Love the car.

Quick Reply: New to me 991.1