Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Location: 21620 Ridgetop Circle, Suite 190, Sterling VA 20166
Received 165 Likes on 57 Posts

GlasWerksDMV on Instagram
21620 Ridgetop circle, suite 190, Sterling VA 20166
001-571-370-8500
Monday-Friday 8am-8pm EST

Last edited by GlasWerksDMV; 12-11-2018 at 10:17 AM.
Old 12-12-2018, 02:47 PM
Nyati
Advanced

Received 57 Likes on 21 Posts

GlasWerks - you have a PM.
Old 12-12-2018, 03:25 PM
GlasWerksDMV
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

DM returned

Originally Posted by Nyati
GlasWerks - you have a PM.
Old 12-13-2018, 12:55 AM
phx991
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GlasWerksDMV
They are available for order now! They are built specific to each application DM me and we can get you a set on the way pronto!
What does this mean exactly?
Old 12-13-2018, 09:03 AM
GlasWerksDMV
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Talking

Originally Posted by phx991

What does this mean exactly?
Glad you asked, Here's the process

-Order is created from the following information
We have all the information for sizing in our database already pertaining to your Year/Make/model
You pick the following
Outside lip finish
Inside barrel finish
Face finishing options
centerlock or 5 lug bolt pattern
Stainless steel or Titanium fasteners
Aluminum 2 piece barrel or 1 piece carbon fiber barrels -30% weight savings
Cut to accept factory center-caps or our billet AL centercaps
with or without Forgeline and GlasWerks script milled into the wheel (custom script can be done as well)
additional TPMS sensors pre installed in wheels
Black/silver/Gunmetal/bright chrome metal valve stems

-Once all this information is compiled 50% deposit is due and the order begins manufacturing
The wheel centers are cut from a raw T6061 Aluminum forgings with multiaxis CNC mills and other various lathes and tooling methods.
All drilling for the hardware and mounting centers is done in this step as well.

The barrel pieces required for your wheel are selected as well, These are manufactured in bulk and stocked to speed the whole process up in various sizing required.
Once completed the centers are prepped and inspected then finished in your desired method, sometimes this is a 1 part process sometimes there are 5 or more steps to achieve a specific look.

Once the barrels and centers have been finished they are bolted together and go through an extensive set of testing to ensure absolute square.
After the wheels have passed testing the TPMS sensors and valve stems are installed.

-The wheels are packaged and marked completed and the remainder of your order total is due.

All in all the process takes 4-6 weeks depending on finishes but each wheel is made to order. so far there are 8 sets in production and no 2 sets are the same.

I hope this helps shed some insight into the process!
Old 12-13-2018, 11:40 AM
phx991
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GlasWerksDMV
Glad you asked, Here's the process

-Order is created from the following information
We have all the information for sizing in our database already pertaining to your Year/Make/model
You pick the following
Outside lip finish
Inside barrel finish
Face finishing options
centerlock or 5 lug bolt pattern
Stainless steel or Titanium fasteners
Aluminum 2 piece barrel or 1 piece carbon fiber barrels -30% weight savings
Cut to accept factory center-caps or our billet AL centercaps
with or without Forgeline and GlasWerks script milled into the wheel (custom script can be done as well)
additional TPMS sensors pre installed in wheels
Black/silver/Gunmetal/bright chrome metal valve stems

-Once all this information is compiled 50% deposit is due and the order begins manufacturing
The wheel centers are cut from a raw T6061 Aluminum forgings with multiaxis CNC mills and other various lathes and tooling methods.
All drilling for the hardware and mounting centers is done in this step as well.

The barrel pieces required for your wheel are selected as well, These are manufactured in bulk and stocked to speed the whole process up in various sizing required.
Once completed the centers are prepped and inspected then finished in your desired method, sometimes this is a 1 part process sometimes there are 5 or more steps to achieve a specific look.

Once the barrels and centers have been finished they are bolted together and go through an extensive set of testing to ensure absolute square.
After the wheels have passed testing the TPMS sensors and valve stems are installed.

-The wheels are packaged and marked completed and the remainder of your order total is due.

All in all the process takes 4-6 weeks depending on finishes but each wheel is made to order. so far there are 8 sets in production and no 2 sets are the same.

I hope this helps shed some insight into the process!
Is this just your process or how Forgeline decided to market these whees? Aren't they offered in a standard 991 fitment in a range of colors?
Old 12-13-2018, 01:56 PM
kingerm
Instructor

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

Is this just your process or how Forgeline decided to market these whees? Aren't they offered in a standard 991 fitment in a range of colors?
Unless they are in stock at the size/finish you want, most wheels of this caliber are ordered this way, BBS E88, HRE P101, etc.
Old 12-14-2018, 09:40 AM
GlasWerksDMV
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

These are not stocked wheels, They are built to order. All of ForgeLine wheels are done like this. They can be made to fit anything. with an near unlimited range of finishes.
Old 12-15-2018, 01:43 PM
GlasWerksDMV
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

New update! These wheels will all include Titanium hardware (normally a 480$) option. This is the hardware that hold the 3 different pieces together. by swapping to Titanium we lose almost 2# per wheel over 30+ bolts/nuts, on this wheel this hardware is hidden but can be seen from the backside of the wheel.
Old 01-04-2019, 06:58 PM
911BOSS
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I took advantage of the introductory pricing and recently placed an order for a set of these wheel for my 2018 C2 GTS in Agate Grey. I was never very fond of my all black wheels and have always been a fan of the Fuch style wheels on all my Porsches. The entire process of designing my wheels and placing my order with GlasWerks has been an first class experience. I could not ask for a better follow up to all my questions. They are currently working some renderings of my car with different tones for the recessed (negative) part of the wheel. GlasWerks or I will post the photos as soon as they are ready. If any has any specific questions about the process or my experience with GlasWerks, please shoot me a PM.

Last edited by 911BOSS; 01-04-2019 at 07:45 PM.
Old 01-04-2019, 07:25 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,460 Likes on 2,361 Posts

Glad it worked out for you...I am still waiting for their "art department" to send me pics of what I asked for.
Old 01-07-2019, 01:04 PM
GlasWerksDMV
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by 911BOSS
I took advantage of the introductory pricing and recently placed an order for a set of these wheel for my 2018 C2 GTS in Agate Grey. I was never very fond of my all black wheels and have always been a fan of the Fuch style wheels on all my Porsches. The entire process of designing my wheels and placing my order with GlasWerks has been an first class experience. I could not ask for a better follow up to all my questions. They are currently working some renderings of my car with different tones for the recessed (negative) part of the wheel. GlasWerks or I will post the photos as soon as they are ready. If any has any specific questions about the process or my experience with GlasWerks, please shoot me a PM.
Can't wait to see the renders ourselves!

To anyone waiting for renders we have prioritized those with orders in process currently, when the backlog purchased renders are done we will start on renders for those just asking to see the wheels on thier cars. thank you for remaining patient with us.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:16 PM
cbrett
Rennlist Member

Received 175 Likes on 78 Posts

Have any more customers taken delivery of these wheels? I would love to see more pics as I hope to order a set once my car arrives in May.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:20 PM
GlasWerksDMV
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by cbrett
Have any more customers taken delivery of these wheels? I would love to see more pics as I hope to order a set once my car arrives in May.
A few sets were sent overseas. No media back from them yet (probably waiting until the snow goes away) Currently multiple sets in production. No more Photos as of yet. New renders will be up soon showing some additional color options and combinations.
Old 02-12-2019, 12:22 PM
GlasWerksDMV
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

991.2 Agate Grey, PTS Agate grey painted and machined centers, brushed outer barrel, graphite inner barrel.

991.2 Agate Grey, Satin black and machined centers, brushed outer barrel, graphite inner barrel.

991.2 Agate Grey, Graphite and machined centers, brushed outer barrel, graphite inner barrel.

Quick Reply: Commissioning a Fuchs-inspired wheel for the 991.2