Sponsored by:

Where's the microphone?

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2018, 08:01 PM
AviBen
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 76 Posts
Default Where's the microphone?

Hi, unless I missed it, the 2018 911 manual doesn't say exactly where the microphone is located, only that it's directed towards the driver. Can someone please tell me exactly where the microphone is located? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-11-2018, 09:44 PM
Rapter
Racer

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Lol... I just googled this earlier today because people could not hear me while during phone calls.

There are two microphones located on the top of the steering column there are two equally spaced plastic louvers over the microphones.

Speak to your tachometer and apparently you should be clearly heard.
Old 08-11-2018, 10:21 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by Rapter
Lol... I just googled this earlier today because people could not hear me while during phone calls.

There are two microphones located on the top of the steering column there are two equally spaced plastic louvers over the microphones.

Speak to your tachometer and apparently you should be clearly heard.

That is correct, you can see them at the top of the steering wheel column. I discovered this by accident... I was on a conference call over bluetooth in the car. When I arrived home, and once parked, I realized there was some dust on the dashboard and on the steering wheel column. So, I grabbed my MF towel that I have in the car for this purpose, wiped the dashboard, and nothing happened. But then, I started cleaning the column, and all hell broke lose on the call. People yelling, screaming and asking who the hell was "chewing their microphone". ROTFLMAO. Sorry! Time to put the phone on mute.
Old 08-11-2018, 11:35 PM
AviBen
Rennlist Member

Received 153 Likes on 76 Posts

Thanks. I thought those might be the microphones, but was surprised that nowhere in the manual is that explicitly stated.

Quick Reply: Where's the microphone?