Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dealership won't give my Akra Exhaust back on 991.2 GTS

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2018, 06:07 PM
PorscheAddict
Rennlist Member

Received 122 Likes on 75 Posts

Sucks to hear. Very good advice from Nin Din Din.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:10 PM
xstnte
Rennlist Member

Received 322 Likes on 132 Posts

ALWAYS remove any parts you'd like to keep before a car arrives at the dealer. In this case, if you don't have it in writing, it may be difficult to get anything other than your $600 back. If I read your post correctly, that's for work they didn't actually complete.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:12 PM
guab
Pro

Received 60 Likes on 46 Posts

That's crazy shady. I mean, I understand the issues re: removal, but they took on that risk when agreeing in writing to charge you $600 in labor to return to you the Akra exhaust. Hopefully the part where they give you the exhaust back was also in writing, not just labor to swap them, as without evidence it could be construed any number of different directions.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:20 PM
goldduster
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

While you are at it, read your Sale Documents you signed, chances are they include an "arbitration clause". Then as mentioned before, check with an Atlanta attorney. The laws vary in each state.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:45 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 165 Posts

Originally Posted by goldduster
While you are at it, read your Sale Documents you signed, chances are they include an "arbitration clause". Then as mentioned before, check with an Atlanta attorney. The laws vary in each state.

Good call. Thx. I remember signing an arbitration clause.
Old 08-09-2018, 06:46 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by evilfij
Real simple: Dear Atlanta Dealership

Give me my exhaust or $X or I will sue you and spend the next two weeks reporting my experience online.

Sincerely,

BlazinPond
That's awesome. You always make me smile. Thx
Old 08-09-2018, 07:30 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Update: I called the Atlanta dealer and asked to set up a face to face meeting about a week from now when I'm there again for business.

To recap a few key points:
  • The GTS trade with Akrapovic exhaust was inspected once I arrived in Atlanta by Used Sales Manager and approved for trade and paperwork was completed within 30-minutes.
  • Atlanta discovered the condition while attempting to swap exhausts 4-5 days after the deal was done and we had parted ways from Atlanta.
  • I paid Atlanta for labor to remove, which was in writing.
  • There was no clause or discussion of any sort re: if there was additional hours, labor, issues to uninstall and reinstall OEM exhaust.
  • But what really crosses the line IMO is they SOLD the CAR with my Akrapovic exhaust attached A FEW DAYS LATER!!! I was not notified by Atlanta nor given the common courtesy that a third party would be ripping around in a new GTS with MY Akra exhaust.

Today, when I called Atlanta and they admitted the GTS sold sometime last week (with my Akra still attached) they down played it by stating they could have the new owner return and swap it out if needed. Evidently they told the new owner the exhaust would have to come off at some point....Really?

You cannot make this stuff up.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:35 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by xstnte
ALWAYS remove any parts you'd like to keep before a car arrives at the dealer. In this case, if you don't have it in writing, it may be difficult to get anything other than your $600 back. If I read your post correctly, that's for work they didn't actually complete.
Totally agree!

But in order to do the deal, they needed it done by 'end of month' so there was a little pressure for me to move quickly.
That's when I notified them of the exhaust and situation.
I explained that I would try to have my original dealer remove the exhaust... but they (Michigan) couldn't fit me in last minute before driving 10-hours down to Atlanta.
That's when we decided that Atlanta would do the swap once I drove it down there. All good right??? Or so I thought....

Hindsight is so 20/20! Lol.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:39 PM
xstnte
Rennlist Member

Received 322 Likes on 132 Posts

Originally Posted by BlazinPond
Totally agree!

But in order to do the deal, they needed it done by 'end of month' so there was a little pressure for me to move quickly.
That's when I notified them of the exhaust and situation.
I explained that I would try to have my original dealer remove the exhaust... but they (Michigan) couldn't fit me in last minute before driving 10-hours down to Atlanta.
That's when we decided that Atlanta would do the swap once I drove it down there. All good right??? Or so I thought....

Hindsight is so 20/20! Lol.
If that's the case and you did them a favor, it's pretty ****ty on their part and you should hound them more until there is some kind of resolution.
Old 08-09-2018, 07:45 PM
BlazinPond
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
If you want it to get hairy tell PCNA.
Yup, this will be last resort.
I plan to give them (Atlanta) the opportunity to make this right first.
I consider what Atlanta did as unacceptable the more I dwell on this...

Bottom line, I don't like being held hostage....what a way to treat a new customer that bought a high dollar car!
Atlanta made out pretty damn good with the ADM I paid on the new GT3 as well as my high msrp GTS (trade) which they sold in about a week.

Does anyone have any blood pressure meds I can borrow...I may need to change the title of this thread.

Last edited by BlazinPond; 08-09-2018 at 10:14 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Praecox (03-01-2021)
Old 08-09-2018, 08:11 PM
abe
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

They never should have sold the car with the exhaust still attached to it and expect the new owner to bring the car back to remove at a later date. That said....what I learned from this is when you have too many parties involved and dealing with different dealership in which each have separate interests which may not be your in best interest something will probably go wrong.
Sorry for your pain....I may have not helped...but you have helped others learn from your experience.
Abe
Old 08-09-2018, 08:47 PM
windblow
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Considering it's an Akrapovic on a GTS, new owner most likely would keep it so I don't think you would get it back. For all the back and forth, Atlanta might have been the one who tried to do the shoddy swap. But the best thing now is to tell management you want to close this ordeal and willing to go half way - that is half of the cost of the Akrapovic plus $600 on work they did not complete. You want to enjoy your GT3 and not have to think about this any more than you already have.
Old 08-09-2018, 08:49 PM
Rezus
Racer

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

Yup, this will be last resort.
I plan to give them (Atlanta) the opportunity to make this right first.
I consider what Atlanta did as unacceptable the more I dwell on this...

Bottom line, I don't like being held hostage....what a way to treat a new customer that bought a high dollar car!
Atlanta made out pretty damn good with the ADM I paid on the new GT3 as well as my high msrp GTS (trade) which they sold in about a week.

Does anyone have any blood pressure meds I can borrow...I may need to change the title.
Are they even allowed to CPO car with after market parts? I would definitely make it clear that PCNA, on line forum and a lawyers would be involved if the issue is not remedied. They maybe buying time hoping you forget about it and go away specially since you are out of town.
Old 08-09-2018, 09:53 PM
mikeearly
Pro

Received 58 Likes on 34 Posts

Update: I called the Atlanta dealer and asked to set up a face to face meeting about a week from now when I'm there again for business.

Today, when I called Atlanta and they admitted the GTS sold sometime last week (with my Akra still attached) they down played it by stating they could have the new owner return and swap it out if needed. Evidently they told the new owner the exhaust would have to come off at some point....Really?

You cannot make this stuff up.
Nope you can't make it up and I think I would tell them to go ahead and swap it out and return it to me within a week and remind them that I have already paid the labor for that swap!
Old 08-09-2018, 09:57 PM
PTS-BRG
Three Wheelin'

Received 621 Likes on 340 Posts

Hey, if you ever do get the Akra back I would be interested in buying it from you

Quick Reply: Dealership won't give my Akra Exhaust back on 991.2 GTS