Sponsored by:

Sharkwerks Race pipes - Comparison Video

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2018, 11:52 AM
AMitchell0039
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MaynardZed

Hey, I got that exhaust on today. Took a couple of hours like you said. Spent more time fiddling with the exhaust tips than anything else. They must’ve been aftermarket and were lose as heck. Had to modify the clamps a bit so they would cinch down tight.

Anyway, it sounds great! WAY deeper, you can almost feel it rumbling in your chest. Little bit louder overall and the over-runs / pops are much more prominent. It should sound amazing at the track. I’ll try to get some video.
Nice! Yeah totally, WAY deeper and the overruns are addicting Definitely, I'd love to hear some video clips at the track!
Old 08-21-2018, 05:33 PM
MaynardZed
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by AMitchell0039
Nice! Yeah totally, WAY deeper and the overruns are addicting Definitely, I'd love to hear some video clips at the track!
Getting my GoPro mic setup for a track day this Saturday. Mic is in license plate area. I'm not getting much wind interference but probably need more baffling around mic as the exhaust is overpowering it still.
Old 08-21-2018, 07:47 PM
jnkirk1974
Rennlist Member

Received 273 Likes on 123 Posts

I wouldn't be concerned about the droning at all. I bet it sounds terrific.
My concern would be the boiled egg fart smell......
Old 08-21-2018, 08:39 PM
rff15e
Advanced

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

I have the PSE center and put the SW race bypass on the sides a couple months ago - couldn't be happier the more I go on. The morning cold starts are awesome. It definitely brings out the flat six sound in a good way.
Old 08-21-2018, 10:25 PM
MaynardZed
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jnkirk1974
I wouldn't be concerned about the droning at all. I bet it sounds terrific.
My concern would be the boiled egg fart smell......
Doesn't smell like that much, the cats are still in. Anyways, even if the cats are out and you use race gas its not too bad on race cars either.
Old 08-21-2018, 11:00 PM
nightfire
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exhaust sounds great! I just ordered a new Porsche GTS today and I'm already looking at mods lol! Do you know if they make this exhaust for a 991.2 GTS? I'm looking for something to increase the volume but keep that great Porsche sound. The more pops and bangs the better though I was also considering the AWE SwitchPath exhaust. It wasn't super expensive and sounded good in the videos. I have an AWE exhaust on my 2014 Audi S4 (3.0L S/C motor) and love it! No drone, lightweight, quality build, and great sound. I'm sure it wouldn't be nearly as loud on a 991.2 with the turbo motor.

Quick Reply: Sharkwerks Race pipes - Comparison Video