Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about getting an older, less costly 911 for winter use. Opinions please.

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 10:39 PM
cpbmd
Rennlist Member

Received 213 Likes on 102 Posts

[QUOTE=The Fat Kid;15151877]
Check out an older Cayman. I know someone who daily drives one in the Boston area, and said it is great on plowed roads when equipped with snow tires. Rear engine in the summer - mid-engine in the winter!

Great idea. What years are reasonable to look at. I know nothing about the Cayman. I do like the way it looks.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:57 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 135 Likes on 94 Posts

Originally Posted by doctorayes
Get a Cayman! It is a perfect daily and winter beater. I drove mine all year back in Cincinnati. Looking forward to my first Minnesota winter :-)

Second that.

Also second getting a Macan S or above.

Or a 996 which are still some of my favorite looking 911's. For the bargain price, you get a car that still looks brand new and exotic to the mass market. Can't really beat it, imo. One of these days (if not already), the 996 (being the last "old" 911 that hasn't skyrocketed in value) will follow the rest and people will start bidding prices up. You simply can't buy any 911 near what you can get those for. And now with N/A Carreras officially being discontinued thus classics, and 991.1 and 997 prices reflecting that via in the recent term holding very strong and even rising, 996's will no doubt appreciate.

Quick Reply: Thinking about getting an older, less costly 911 for winter use. Opinions please.