Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carrera 4 GTS build

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2018, 01:03 AM
LavaGTS
Banned

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

-Your wheel is still alcantara FYI. I personally like it but if it's gonna be daily'd it might wear out quick and will look like a worn out carpet (think of stiff fabric). Also a heads up, your armrest on the center console and doors will be alcantara. Mine are like that and it's a nice touch.. Full leather is a waste of money IMO. I used to dwell over it while shopping for the 911 but I don't notice it one bit and don't even look. My eyes are on the road, not the dash.

-Do the sport mirrors for sure, they will still fold both ways.

-Sport design package is nice but a little pricey (gets you the mini ducktail wing).

-My GTS has the rear bumper plastic painted. Not a necessity but it looks good.

-FAL is your friend on the Toronto/GTA streets. If you leave it off just make sure to take those sharp edged driveway entrances super wide.

-You might get some flak for the orange inside but I think it's "hawt". lol.

-Porsche crest in headrest GET IT, WORTH THE MONEY.

Here are some pics of my RWD GTS to show you what a couple of the options look like. On one of the pic I'm demoing the PDLS plus DRL's but it wouldn't let me put in the caption.

Rear lower painted demo.Not a must

Random for rear bumper reference

Random photo, having side skirts painted and rear bumper lower painted flows well.

PDLS plus LED DRL demo.

PDLS plus headlights on demo. Headlights in black is also a really good touch on this car.

Carbon fiber is an option. Catches lots of eyes.

Random photo. Check sport mirror

Cool photo demonstrating the color under fluorescent light. Lava Orange definitely changes colors/tones depending on lighting.

Random photo.

Showroom pic

Showroom pic. Note rear bumper lowers painted.

Interior pic, white gauges. Alcantara delete. GT sport wheel with heated multi-function. If you dont go multi function it's fun to stick your fingers in the gaps to steer.

Random pic, note mirrors

Random pic, lower rear painted.

Last edited by LavaGTS; 07-14-2018 at 01:21 AM.
Old 07-14-2018, 12:05 PM
Avalon911
Racer

Received 60 Likes on 31 Posts

I would loose that interior trim paint fast. JMHO
Old 07-14-2018, 12:58 PM
Porsche_nuts
Nordschleife Master

Received 1,227 Likes on 742 Posts

Originally Posted by Avalon911
I would loose that interior trim paint fast. JMHO
+1
Old 07-14-2018, 01:23 PM
goldduster
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I just noticed the Alcantara Steering wheel and would heartily recommend going with a leather one. After a while the Alcantara my drive you nuts.
Old 07-14-2018, 01:27 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 708 Likes on 323 Posts

Originally Posted by Stethoscope
I've made several mods to the config (Added CL wheels, painted side skirt, removed Front Axle Lift, Removed folding mirrors)

Re: the interior. I much prefer leather and adding the GTS package is so much money for something I'm just not into. What do you guys think about the interior with a little bit of exterior paint?

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. Please feel free to post more.
I LOVE the painted interior trim! I would do an Alcantara delete, though, and get the heated, multifunctional steering wheel in leather. And get ventilated seats, too.
Old 07-14-2018, 01:31 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Painted interiors rock!

Old 07-14-2018, 01:35 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Originally Posted by LavaGTS
-Your wheel is still alcantara FYI. I personally like it but if it's gonna be daily'd it might wear out quick and will look like a worn out carpet (think of stiff fabric). Also a heads up, your armrest on the center console and doors will be alcantara. Mine are like that and it's a nice touch.. Full leather is a waste of money IMO. I used to dwell over it while shopping for the 911 but I don't notice it one bit and don't even look. My eyes are on the road, not the dash.

-Do the sport mirrors for sure, they will still fold both ways.

-Sport design package is nice but a little pricey (gets you the mini ducktail wing).

-My GTS has the rear bumper plastic painted. Not a necessity but it looks good.

-FAL is your friend on the Toronto/GTA streets. If you leave it off just make sure to take those sharp edged driveway entrances super wide.

-You might get some flak for the orange inside but I think it's "hawt". lol.

-Porsche crest in headrest GET IT, WORTH THE MONEY.

Here are some pics of my RWD GTS to show you what a couple of the options look like. On one of the pic I'm demoing the PDLS plus DRL's but it wouldn't let me put in the caption.

Rear lower painted demo.Not a must

Random for rear bumper reference

Random photo, having side skirts painted and rear bumper lower painted flows well.

PDLS plus LED DRL demo.

PDLS plus headlights on demo. Headlights in black is also a really good touch on this car.

Carbon fiber is an option. Catches lots of eyes.

Random photo. Check sport mirror

Cool photo demonstrating the color under fluorescent light. Lava Orange definitely changes colors/tones depending on lighting.

Random photo.

Showroom pic

Showroom pic. Note rear bumper lowers painted.

Interior pic, white gauges. Alcantara delete. GT sport wheel with heated multi-function. If you dont go multi function it's fun to stick your fingers in the gaps to steer.

Random pic, note mirrors

Random pic, lower rear painted.
You have a gorgeous car!

Your CF mirrors look awesome! I second the choice on the Porsche crest in the seat head rests - very classy touch.
Old 07-14-2018, 03:58 PM
LavaGTS
Banned

Thanks Hurricane, you've got one of my favorite cars on rennlist for sure.
Old 07-14-2018, 04:59 PM
minthral
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Being a GTS, its already got lots of gear stock.

Don't get power steering plus... it numbs steering at slow speeds.

You don't really *need* front axle lift... can take some pretty steep entries at an angle. Car is low with SPASM, but its perfectly doable on normal roads. If frony something you truly need to lift the front for, I'd think twice about taking the car through there.

I'd get burmester. Bose is okay but that's about it. Its like 3k more if you're getting Bose.

Since you're getting rear steering (good idea), I'd get PDCC too. It helps tame the rear on bumpy roads and stay flay on curves. Goes well with SPASM too.

LCA is not required honestly. I wouldn't miss it. Blind spots aren't bad and that's what the side mirrors are for (many people don't have them angled correctly thought).

100% Alcantara delete. It junk that wears quickly and gets ugly...especially steering wheel/ shift ****. Its actually cheap stuff compared to leather and a nice trick for Porsche to make money off the "GTS parts bin.' If you do get alcantara, might as well get GTS interior.

I don't think the extra buttons from multi-function are necessary and clutter up the look a little, though the heated portion is nice. I'd probably go with no buttons/heat since I found out the button don't work for apple carplay... they're mostly useless if your phone is connected to USB.

Color is preference and though the lava orange looks nice, it will be higher maintenance. IMO, it would be too much... its a very 'in your face' color that is becoming a bit popular (mclaren, corvettte, etc). I'm a fan of silver Porsches.

Glass sunroof can't be closed completely and gets really hot in summer. Make sure you test drive with it...was pretty clear 'no' for me when I did.

Don't get the centerlock wheels. Too much of a pain to deal with since they aren't 'standard.'

Though its something I thought I'd never want, I'm really liking the carbon ceramic brakes. No brake dust mean the car is easier to wash every week. The grabbing power/ feel is amazing...other cars with steel brakes feel squashy/mushy.
Old 07-14-2018, 05:13 PM
minthral
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

Test 14 vs 18 way seat too. I found 14 fit me better and the 18 way too restrictive due to larger bolsters (which show wear sooner).
Old 07-15-2018, 01:38 AM
Stethoscope
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you for the great suggestions guys I will make the mods (Leather MF steering wheel, Alcantara interior delete, Porsche crests on headrests)

@LavaGTS you have a beautiful car man thank you for the detailed pics
@Hurricane we think very similar
@minthral (I'll try both 14 and 18 way seats, can anyone else comment on the sunroof not closing completely and being too hot? Toronto is cold as hell most of the year though...)
Old 07-15-2018, 04:29 AM
hbear
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Re: sunroof, not a problem. Although the shade still let’s light in, it does the job and provides plenty of shade from the sun. I have my shade OPEN all the time and have no problems in 30*C (it does have a slight tint already). If I am stuck parking outdoors (golf course) I just enable the shade so the car isn’t as hot when I get in.

Seriously you will get more heat being let in from the windscreen. At worst you can put a film on the glass (won’t cost much) but honestly it’s not a problem here in Canada. Actually nice to have and makes the cabin feel a lot more airy.

And the car also comes standard with this setting called AC (cooled seats too if you have leather) that does wonders.
Old 07-15-2018, 06:19 AM
LavaGTS
Banned

Since this will be your daily, the creature comforts of the buttons on the steering wheel are nice along the with sunroof. I have it in my car and have never had a problem. I've reached 196mph without a single road nice from the sunroof. It's water tight and super high quality. 3000 psi pressure washer never pushes water through. I've also spent a substantial time in nearly a dozen different 991's which all had sunroofs and no problems.

If you are not super stiff and can completely relax your body while driving you can get the 18 ways in a perfect position to where you feel cradled. You really need to dial it in for yourself and use the correct posture. They're terrific.
The following users liked this post:
Jack F (07-22-2019)
Old 07-15-2018, 10:31 AM
reacher
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by hbear
Re: sunroof, not a problem. Although the shade still let’s light in, it does the job and provides plenty of shade from the sun. I have my shade OPEN all the time and have no problems in 30*C (it does have a slight tint already). If I am stuck parking outdoors (golf course) I just enable the shade so the car isn’t as hot when I get in.

Seriously you will get more heat being let in from the windscreen. At worst you can put a film on the glass (won’t cost much) but honestly it’s not a problem here in Canada. Actually nice to have and makes the cabin feel a lot more airy.

And the car also comes standard with this setting called AC (cooled seats too if you have leather) that does wonders.
Totally agree, I would get it without any hesitations. Even if you never open it (I always do) it's worth it for the more open and airy feeling. I'd even get it on my GT3 if it was an option, lol.
Old 07-15-2018, 07:55 PM
Werks 1
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I would nix the painted interior options...get leather w/ deviated stitching to bring in the color........and painted a/c vents...they are stunning

Quick Reply: Carrera 4 GTS build