Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche CS Surveys, Do They Matter?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2018, 07:21 PM
Dewinator
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 36 Posts

If they ever want to do a survey looking for legitimate suggestions on what could be improved to make service even better, I’ll participate. However I have many better things to do than fill out a you-must-let-us-know-what-we-can-fix-before-selecting-anything-but-the-highest-score stupid waste of time. I always skip it.
Old 07-04-2018, 07:23 PM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by JFerraro17
Personal rule of thumb: you mention the survey, or hint at how I should respond, it results in automatic non-participation from me.
If I was the vindictive type, it would result in all “1s”
I often feel similarly, however it depends I guess on what exactly they say when mentioning the survey. Recently I dealt with my local dealer which is family owned for few decades. They mention that they were a Premier Porsche dealer fro many tears and last year they lost it by couple (single digit) of points out of 300, if I remember it correctly. So they told me that they truly working hard to get it back and keep it going forward. There are only 25 premier dealerships nation-wide.
An adviser I worked with just told me that they will make every effort possible to make me completely satisfied. And if I am not happy with them as they might be not perfect, they asking me to contact them for them to be in a position to respond and make it right.
I did not see anything wrong with that this time.
Old 07-05-2018, 03:20 PM
911boy
Three Wheelin'

Received 136 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by Dewinator
If they ever want to do a survey looking for legitimate suggestions on what could be improved to make service even better, I’ll participate. However I have many better things to do than fill out a you-must-let-us-know-what-we-can-fix-before-selecting-anything-but-the-highest-score stupid waste of time. I always skip it.
There is always a section for comments. Survey takes about 3 mins so whats the big deal IMO but having said that, I had to lie on the last 3 surveys that I got but issues were sorted out with service manager so might as well help him out. I'm a relationship guy. I agree this system is flawed as its waaaay too punitive if everyone were to answer honestly. pretty much a waste of time and manufacturers don't get it.
Old 07-05-2018, 03:45 PM
eagle1960
Rennlist Member

Received 212 Likes on 131 Posts

As a retired quality professional it really is sad that the Porsche customer survey system seems to work this way. On the one hand it is very difficult to manage system implementation on this scale, but it can be done. Surveys can be very helpful when used correctly. That usually means looking at the data in a way to assess overall system effectiveness rather than individual employee effectiveness. There are so many ins and outs of designing these things that I can't possibly begin to cover it with out writing a book! In Porsche's case I think they are expecting way too much from its survey system by trying to cover every base with one system. It also seems likely that training and education in the systems' objectives and implementation have fallen short.
Old 07-05-2018, 04:05 PM
PJ Cayenne
Rennlist Member

Received 299 Likes on 180 Posts

I use the system to my advantage. If I am generally happy with the results, all 10s, and I email the service advisor to say they did a great job. Something he can use to hang in his office. Now, if they screw up a few things, still all 10s, but I call the SA to tell him know what went wrong. He is always responsive. So how does it help me- I always get a solid discount on service, and they do a few things for free here and there. Keep in mind, the 10s cost me nothing, but if they throw the regular prices at me, that really stings. I would rather deal with them one on one than screw with their bonus structure. These aren't the rich guys driving Porsches. Keep in mind, I have other dealers in the region, so if they deteriorate, alternatives exist.

Quick Reply: Porsche CS Surveys, Do They Matter?