991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Porsche CS Surveys, Do They Matter?

Old 07-02-2018, 03:30 PM
Z00mie
Racer

Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
Default Porsche CS Surveys, Do They Matter?

I recently had my Porsche Sport Exhaust (PSE) programmed at my local dealership and I am fully satisfied with my interaction there. My service advisor is always pleasant,helpful and informative. Following the visit, I completed a positive online survey and caught myself wondering, Will this matter? Do any of you folks work in this business and have any insight? Only once in many, many years have I given a bad review to a staff person (GM, Salesman, Advisor, Mechanic, Counter person etc. at Porsche). The dealership didn't contact me for follow-up, but the receiver of my bad tidings did! They definitely let me know that it wasn't appreciated! However, that was quite some time ago and in a different state/dealership,
Old 07-02-2018, 03:55 PM
hbear
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Ties directly to comp/bonus for the dealership from the OEM (and the advisor/ department). That’s why they say if you are to score anything less than a 10, to please contact them directly beforehand.

Also figures into the metric they use to determine dealership allocations. This is essentially the same across most all OEMs.

Old 07-02-2018, 03:58 PM
skiahh
Rennlist Member

Received 129 Likes on 93 Posts

Generally, I can't see how these surveys matter. They encourage you to give them all 5s (10?), so those mean nothing. Anything less than a perfect score is a failure, then, so it's a binary system in a world that has many shades of gray. You either get a perfect score - which doesn't offer any suggestions or assistance in becoming better - or you fail. And lose allocation, bonuses, etc etc. It's a system that is really for show. Make it a yes or no questionnaire of that's the objective. If you offer "shades", USE THEM!!

I generally don't bother with them. I'm happy with my dealer and if I have any issues, I speak with them directly.

If there was something really bad, I'd fill out the form and give something less than a perfect score.
Old 07-02-2018, 07:07 PM
JFerraro17
Rennlist Member

Received 36 Likes on 20 Posts

Personal rule of thumb: you mention the survey, or hint at how I should respond, it results in automatic non-participation from me.

If I was the vindictive type, it would result in all “1s”
Old 07-02-2018, 07:42 PM
hbear
Racer

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I don’t see the big deal with letting us know about them. Also nothing wrong with explaining how they work and how they are scored. While I agree it’s now a binary metric, explaining how they work and why is perfectly fine to me.

Nobody is forcing any of us to respond, just letting us know the impact....our decision to be helpful or vindictive or do nothing is still in or hands.

My dealership and the staff have been great to me, I don’t see any reason why I wouldn’t give them full marks (and have)....not their fault the auto industry is structured the way it is.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:03 PM
goldduster
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

I'm in the business and you better believe that they are important to the dealership and the individual employees. Compensation, Incentives, Contests, Rewards, etc. are all controlled by this score. Basically it is binary. Either 10 or anything less might as well be a 0. A vindictive person can help destroy an innocent employee's career.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:08 PM
WhipE350
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

My dealership calls me every time I bring the car in. They say I will get a survey but not sure I get them, maybe I should check my spam folder.
Old 07-02-2018, 11:14 PM
bkrantz
Rennlist Member

Received 953 Likes on 567 Posts

Originally Posted by goldduster
I'm in the business and you better believe that they are important to the dealership and the individual employees. Compensation, Incentives, Contests, Rewards, etc. are all controlled by this score. Basically it is binary. Either 10 or anything less might as well be a 0. A vindictive person can help destroy an innocent employee's career.
That might be reality, but it is just plain dumb.
Old 07-03-2018, 06:12 AM
DerekS
Rennlist Member

Received 98 Likes on 51 Posts

My take on these things...

They help your service advisor and the dealership. If they are good to you, be good to them by filling it out positively.

I consider the relationship with a service advisor a long term one that goes both ways.
Old 07-03-2018, 01:35 PM
gearFX
Racer

Received 39 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by goldduster
I'm curious, which employee (or whose career) is personally impacted by a negative survey for service? The actual technician who worked on your car, or the service advisor, or both? (Or does it depend on which metric we're talking about?) Surely they don't dock the tech's pay because the service advisor didn't "use a tablet" when writing up a customer's ticket (that is the most useless question I see on Porsche's surveys).
Old 07-03-2018, 02:12 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 360 Likes on 121 Posts

A few months ago, a friend of mine, new to this country, went to buy a new Ford SUV for his wife. I asked him how was his experience, and he said it had been ok, and bought the car. Fast forward about 30 days, and something went wrong with the car, and he brought it back to the dealership.... He said that he felt they wanted to lynch him! He was berated for scoring all 7 - 8's on the survey. He was so confused and mad when he told me about the dealer's reaction. In his defense, he did rate them appropriately, a good experience, an 8, but not anything spectacular. But in their book, that had ruined them.
Old 07-03-2018, 02:50 PM
gellie
Rennlist Member

Received 234 Likes on 116 Posts

I doubt they have much of an effect. I had a less then optimal experience when buying my new 911. Filled out survey and gave a very honest and sub par review and explained exactly what went wrong and why went well. A short time later I received a email from the GM to call. I went through everything again chapter and verse. He told me not to worry and let him know the cost to remedy the situation. When I emailed him back to let him know the outcome he never got back to me. No follow up from PCNA either.
Old 07-03-2018, 03:12 PM
George from MD
Drifting

Received 350 Likes on 208 Posts

They matter. I gave my local dealership a poor rating for poor service a few years ago and the GM called up basically cussing me out. I visited the same dealership last week and basically gave them all tens. They had improved greatly and the former GM is no longer there.
Old 07-03-2018, 07:00 PM
Pat1
AutoX

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They Matter, I'm a tech at a Mazda dealer and I get paid off the surveys. I get bad surveys on everything from the rental car being dirty to the traffic getting to the dealer. People are nasty. They complain about EVERYTHING! Bottom line make sure you state what you don't like about your visit. Don't give all 1's for bad coffee.
Old 07-04-2018, 03:19 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 280 Likes on 159 Posts

OP. There have been some interesting threads on this in the past. Bottom line. If you give your dealer/service center a bad CS, you will most likely get a call back. Be careful though as it might affect your future relationship with them if you need them to go to bat for you on anything with PCNA.

Jim

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Porsche CS Surveys, Do They Matter?