Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I lost one of my exhaust tips on the freeway!!! Options?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2018, 12:33 PM
The Boz Abides
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

/\ right on, Lex.
Old 06-30-2018, 12:35 PM
The Boz Abides
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 45 Posts

I did purchase some tips from an ebay seller for my Cayenne that we ended up powdercoating and they fit great and have last through 2 winters and still look great. Take a look and see. Prices were most certainly right.

For the money, I love my Soul Performance tips on my 911.
Old 06-30-2018, 12:36 PM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,413 Likes on 2,516 Posts

Originally Posted by The Boz Abides
/\ right on, Lex.
FabSpeed spams just about EVERY exhaust thread on Rennlist. Where are they now? Crickets. Crickets.

Their stuff is junk.
Old 06-30-2018, 12:55 PM
997c2sla
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Just to be clear this did not want to be a thread where I bash fabspeed.
i contacted them yesterday explaining the situation after talking with previous owner.
previous owner did say that 2 tips fell off during his ownership.
they will not send me a new tip because I am not the one who purchased the product.
i was upfront with them and I have no issue if this is their policy.
they sell a set for 595 and they offered me 315 for one.
since this is the third time it happened I d rather go a different route and buy 2 different tips that will fit.
don t want to spend the money and in the near future have the same issue.
if you guys know what I could replace them with or have any for sale please let me know.
tbank you very much
Old 06-30-2018, 01:10 PM
surfer
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Porsche_nuts
If I remember correctly, those Fabspeed tips have been known to fall off. I would not be spending more money on tips that will probably fall off again. Go another route.
This
Old 06-30-2018, 01:11 PM
snake eyes
Three Wheelin'

Received 364 Likes on 224 Posts

Originally Posted by LexVan
From now on, I'm going to make sure I don't follow a Porsche with FabSpeed exhaust tips too closely.
LOL

we need to make all fabspeed exhaust porsches remove their tips before they are allowed on any track for DE day
Old 06-30-2018, 01:29 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 708 Likes on 323 Posts

From now on, I'm going to make sure I don't follow a Porsche with FabSpeed exhaust tips too closely.
'Yikes!
Old 06-30-2018, 01:32 PM
scsuperfan
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by shammerman
Nice ethics.
Nice company honoring a product warranty...not to mention making a bad product. The whole owner change thing is a cop out. You make a defective product, you should replace it.
Old 06-30-2018, 02:29 PM
Gh0st0
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 33 Posts

Did you happen to park next to an accord at the gym too?
Old 06-30-2018, 03:25 PM
96redLT4
Rennlist Member

Received 308 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by STG
$315.00?? Screw that.

Nice options here

Attachment 1284746

Attachment 1284745
Now that's some funny s*it! Seriously, I don't think I remember hearing about Akra or other big brand exhaust tips falling off like this.

J
Old 06-30-2018, 04:27 PM
AutoquestMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FabSpeed spams just about EVERY exhaust thread on Rennlist. Where are they now? Crickets. Crickets.

Their stuff is junk.
This thread was posted yesterday night well after working hours, and its now Saturday when most business are closed including theirs. Let's be reasonable. In being around for 25+ years and selling countless exhaust systems at this point, I'm not to say they've never had an issue. As the OP did not purchase the system, there is no liability at all for Fabspeed to replace the exhaust tip for free. We can also not assume any kind of a percentage of tips coming off due to manufacturer defect versus incorrect installation. That is not to say there wasn't a defect on some, but we shouldn't assume there were enough to warrant any kind of a recall compared to the total amount that were sold.

That all being said, this is the day and age of social media. Unfortunately for businesses, what used to be reasonable warranty procedure is no longer acceptable by the new standards of social consumers. Fabspeed unfortunately has been a bit slow on realizing this over the past several years. This compounds as they have such a massive client base, so the percentage of seeing a customer service situation reach social media is higher than other companies. At the end of the day, since threads like this are a homing beacon for negativity of a company's reputation, I would expect things to be taken care for the OP to have this thread turn out in a positive light. I would suggest to all the readers of this thread...allow an acceptable amount of *business days* for a Fabspeed representative to see this thread, reach out to the OP, and come up with a cost-effective option to get him taken care of and end the situation in a positive light. Not that they are required by any means to do so, but to meet your expectations of them being the stand-up company you want them to be.

In regards to Fabspeed quality...at any given time during the track season down here in Florida, we are servicing 30-50 Porsches (most of which are GT3's and GT4's). We have installed about 20-30 sets of GT4 race headers and an even higher number of GT3 side muffler bypass pipes in the last two years from Fabspeed. Thousands of hard track miles have been put on them with no issues. I understand this may not be the same experience for everybody, but their quality has been satisfactory for us.
Old 06-30-2018, 04:32 PM
AutoquestMotorsports
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 997c2sla
Hi,

I believe I lost one of my fabspeed exhaust tips on the freeway today!!!!!
Did not notice anything and when I parked the car the left tip was gone.
I have a fabspeed supersport x pipe exhaust.

What are my options besides buying a replacement from Fabspeed for $315 (for one tip)?
Do you recommend something else?

As usual, thank you for your time.
OP, I'm sorry to see you've lost an exhaust tip that is never a fun thing! I've seen some tips fall off exhausts before, a number of which have been factory. It's a car, driven on roads, most of which aren't well maintained...it happens. I would be happy to try and lend you a hand on some tip selections outside of Fabspeed, although I'd expect one of their reps to step in and lend you a hand once they pick up on this thread earlier next week. My cell is 484 883 6197, and you can give me a call any time. As long as I'm not on the track, on the other line, or getting a death stare from my wife...I'd be happy to chat with you.
Old 06-30-2018, 04:36 PM
abe
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

I have fabspeed and I am happy.. Anybody ever thought of investing in a tool kit and every once in a while making sure things are a little tighter when they become loose? Exhaust expands and contracts and they heat up and vibration adds to loosening things up. It just appears to me that the newer generation just expect to turn on the engine and go never checking anything and never taking responsibility for anything.
IMHO...
Abe
Old 06-30-2018, 09:47 PM
Churchill
Three Wheelin'

Received 276 Likes on 175 Posts

Originally Posted by AutoquestMotorsports
This thread was posted yesterday night well after working hours, and its now Saturday when most business are closed including theirs. Let's be reasonable. In being around for 25+ years and selling countless exhaust systems at this point, I'm not to say they've never had an issue. As the OP did not purchase the system, there is no liability at all for Fabspeed to replace the exhaust tip for free. We can also not assume any kind of a percentage of tips coming off due to manufacturer defect versus incorrect installation. That is not to say there wasn't a defect on some, but we shouldn't assume there were enough to warrant any kind of a recall compared to the total amount that were sold.

That all being said, this is the day and age of social media. Unfortunately for businesses, what used to be reasonable warranty procedure is no longer acceptable by the new standards of social consumers. Fabspeed unfortunately has been a bit slow on realizing this over the past several years. This compounds as they have such a massive client base, so the percentage of seeing a customer service situation reach social media is higher than other companies. At the end of the day, since threads like this are a homing beacon for negativity of a company's reputation, I would expect things to be taken care for the OP to have this thread turn out in a positive light. I would suggest to all the readers of this thread...allow an acceptable amount of *business days* for a Fabspeed representative to see this thread, reach out to the OP, and come up with a cost-effective option to get him taken care of and end the situation in a positive light. Not that they are required by any means to do so, but to meet your expectations of them being the stand-up company you want them to be.

In regards to Fabspeed quality...at any given time during the track season down here in Florida, we are servicing 30-50 Porsches (most of which are GT3's and GT4's). We have installed about 20-30 sets of GT4 race headers and an even higher number of GT3 side muffler bypass pipes in the last two years from Fabspeed. Thousands of hard track miles have been put on them with no issues. I understand this may not be the same experience for everybody, but their quality has been satisfactory for us.
I've never bought a Fabspeed product in my life and probably never will, so have no dog in this. But the above is very well said and eminently reasonable. I can't stand the lynch mob mentality on forums -- people who have no qualms about trashing the reputation of a company that someone spent years building, often on the basis of little or no facts.

I've R&R'd exhaust tips on a 991 before and there's a pinch bolt that if not set correctly will allow the tips to wiggle off. I would bet this is a case of installer error, but not only have people decided it's Fabspeed's fault, they've decided Fabspeed is evil for not donating a new part.
Old 06-30-2018, 10:01 PM
phs0316
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AutoquestMotorsports
OP, I'm sorry to see you've lost an exhaust tip that is never a fun thing! I've seen some tips fall off exhausts before, a number of which have been factory. It's a car, driven on roads, most of which aren't well maintained...it happens. I would be happy to try and lend you a hand on some tip selections outside of Fabspeed, although I'd expect one of their reps to step in and lend you a hand once they pick up on this thread earlier next week. My cell is 484 883 6197, and you can give me a call any time. As long as I'm not on the track, on the other line, or getting a death stare from my wife...I'd be happy to chat with you.
^^ ^^^

This is kind of person you want to do business with.....

Quick Reply: I lost one of my exhaust tips on the freeway!!! Options?