Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2013 C2S Purchase and Drive Home

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2018, 10:45 AM
K-A
Drifting

Received 137 Likes on 95 Posts

Amazing. Congrats! And icing on the cake when I saw that glorious manual! 400 HP N/A + manual + PSE is pure bliss. And like you said, this chassis is so inherently refined, it’s still (far too, if you ask me) extremely civilized.

I traveled across country to nab mine and it too turned out to be an amazing journey. By far my favorite and most adventurous car buying experience. Was like a taste of paradise to purchase a taste of paradise.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:08 AM
bwiele
Pro

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by cpbmd
I really like the color combo. It is light and up lifting. What do you recommend for the plate? I need to keep it in the front, I think there is an adapter for the towing hitch. I may look into that.
Any thougths?
My suggestion is if you need a plate in the front, and the bracket is already drilled and mounted on the front bumper, just keep it there and live with it. The tow hitch versions always look silly because they're off center. I think it attracts more attention than when it's mounted in the standard (middle position). Plus you'd have to repair your front bumper once you take the bracket off. I say just let it be.
Old 06-24-2018, 11:29 AM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Received 431 Likes on 281 Posts

Great story and pic. Congrats!
Old 06-24-2018, 11:33 AM
The Fat Kid
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Congrats!

I have heard good things about Tint King, but I would just have Rick at UCC in Andover, MA do everything if you are also looking for paint correction, ceramic, etc. He is a nice guy, one of the top detailers in the country, and reasonably priced considering the quality of services.

You are now ready for the track since you bought a "race car" I run with the NER PCA and highly recommend them (especially for beginners) if you want to actually explore the 911's capabilities.

Originally Posted by bwiele
My suggestion is if you need a plate in the front, and the bracket is already drilled and mounted on the front bumper, just keep it there and live with it. [...] Plus you'd have to repair your front bumper once you take the bracket off. I say just let it be.
+1.
Old 06-24-2018, 12:50 PM
cpbmd
Burning Brakes

Received 214 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by The Fat Kid
Congrats!

I have heard good things about Tint King, but I would just have Rick at UCC in Andover, MA do everything if you are also looking for paint correction, ceramic, etc. He is a nice guy, one of the top detailers in the country, and reasonably priced considering the quality of services.

You are now ready for the track since you bought a "race car" I run with the NER PCA and highly recommend them (especially for beginners) if you want to actually explore the 911's capabilities.

+1.
Good Idea. I am going to get all that done, PPF, Paint Correction, Ceramic Coating and Tint.
I was looking at Northeast Auto Salon in Hudson NH. They do all of the above except for tinting. https://www.northeastautosalon.com/about-us-1/
Have you heard if they are good?

Thanks
CB
Old 06-24-2018, 12:57 PM
The Fat Kid
Pro

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by cpbmd
Good Idea. I am going to get all that done, PPF, Paint Correction, Ceramic Coating and Tint.
I was looking at Northeast Auto Salon in Hudson NH. They do all of the above except for tinting. https://www.northeastautosalon.com/about-us-1/
Have you heard if they are good?

Thanks
CB
I have not heard of them (or do not recall), but that does not mean anything.

Rick at UCC will be the overwhelming recommendation from everyone in New England.
Old 06-24-2018, 12:58 PM
cpbmd
Burning Brakes

Received 214 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by The Fat Kid

I have not heard of them (or do not recall), but that does not mean anything.

Rick at UCC will be the overwhelming recommendation from everyone in New England.
Great. Thanks. I will give Rick a call tomorrow.
Old 06-24-2018, 09:33 PM
jrf313
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats! The car looks great! Good luck!

Quick Reply: 2013 C2S Purchase and Drive Home