Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just installed new aluminum pedals from SRP

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2018 | 07:08 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Default Just installed new aluminum pedals from SRP

After much research, I decided to order a set of the Grid aluminum pedals with Satin finish from Sullivan Racing Pedals (SRP).

They took about a week to ship, and one day to get them via USPS Express mail.

Great service and communication from Brian at SRP.

I got the box on Friday, and was very pleased with the quality of the pedals and foot rest, as well as the fit and finish. They look great, and came with everything needed for the installation, along with a good set of instructions.

As a DIY kind of person, and having done this before for other cars, I expect it would take me 30 minutes maximum. It ended taking me a bit longer, as I didn't consider the position of the drill holes, which ended up too close to the back member of the pedal, not allowing me to screw the locking nut in the back.

But after learning on the clutch, I did the brake next with no issues.

By the way, did you know that the Porsche clutch pedal is made of aluminum, while the brake is reinforced steel?!!! Weird. For that reason, it was 10X harder and longer to drill the holes in the brake than the clutch. At least I made my learning mistake on the clutch and not the brake!

The foot rest and gas pedal are super easy to install as they simply screw to the existing ones with self tapping screws.

I really like the look of theses pedals, and the grip and comfort is excellent.

Highly recommended!

Here's a couple of pics with them installed:

Name:  photo291.jpg
Views: 1061
Size:  199.7 KB

Name:  photo85.jpg
Views: 1057
Size:  233.2 KB

Name:  photo268.jpg
Views: 1029
Size:  289.0 KB

Thoughts?
Old 06-10-2018 | 11:20 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Looks sharp
Old 06-10-2018 | 11:23 PM
HelpMeHelpU
Rennlist Member

Very nice.

I like aluminium pedals.
Old 06-10-2018 | 11:45 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Hellllzzzz yeah!!!! Looks awesome
I just ordered from SRP last week. I asked him to make mine are a little different though. only 4 holes per pedal. Black anodized first then the faces will be ground to different thicknesses and a silver finish. I also asked for the gas pedal to be smoother than the rest.
Question, was the bolt placement on the gas and clutch only possible where they are placed in your car? I need to tell him to figure this out since I asked for the fewest holes possible.
Old 06-10-2018 | 11:59 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
Hellllzzzz yeah!!!! Looks awesome
I just ordered from SRP last week. I asked him to make mine are a little different though. only 4 holes per pedal. Black anodized first then the faces will be ground to different thicknesses and a silver finish. I also asked for the gas pedal to be smoother than the rest.
Question, was the bolt placement on the gas and clutch only possible where they are placed in your car? I need to tell him to figure this out since I asked for the fewest holes possible.
Thanks!

For the Gas pedal, you can put the screws almost anywhere. For the clutch and brake, the 3 holes I used were the best possible in my opinion. I originally drilled 4, the 2 outer ones on the second and third rows. Problem is, the ones on the third row get too close to the support beam on the back, and you can't fit the lock nuts. That is why I had to use plan B and use the center hole on row 4.

So, in short, for clutch and brake, two outer holes (left and right) on row 2 and center hole on row 4.

Name:  photo835.jpg
Views: 626
Size:  140.2 KB
Old 06-11-2018 | 12:01 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Thanks Alex! Super psyched those look killer
Old 06-11-2018 | 12:12 AM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Rennolazine
Thanks Alex! Super psyched those look killer
Glad to help!

You need to post a pic when you get them. Your description of your version sounds really nice.
Old 06-11-2018 | 12:14 AM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Will do. Should have them in a few weeks. A few weeks before I get my T.. lol
Old 06-11-2018 | 08:40 AM
Penn4S
Rennlist Member

I've had a couple of sets of SRP pedals on different Pcars. Great people to work with very good quality product. Looks great.
Old 06-11-2018 | 10:41 AM
flickroll
Burning Brakes

Those are really sharp!

Did you compare these to the Rennline version, and if you did what sold you on the pedals from SRP?

Last edited by flickroll; 06-11-2018 at 01:29 PM.
Old 06-11-2018 | 03:31 PM
Code
Three Wheelin'

Looks great!! I've had my eye on those pedals for a while now. How has it improved the ability to heal-toe? I'm curious as that would be my sole purpose for purchasing them.
Old 06-11-2018 | 06:48 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Brian said you can put washers under the gas pedal to raise it... vastly improves heel toe shifting. He said even 1 washer thickness can make a big difference because the brake pedal is too high
Old 06-11-2018 | 10:54 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by flickroll
Those are really sharp!

Did you compare these to the Rennline version, and if you did what sold you on the pedals from SRP?
Thank you! I did, and liked the finish better from SRP. I really liked the Satin finish with the little pointy grid. It makes it feel very secure, as your foot will not slip off the pedal.

Originally Posted by Code
Looks great!! I've had my eye on those pedals for a while now. How has it improved the ability to heal-toe? I'm curious as that would be my sole purpose for purchasing them.
As Rennolazine said, if you add a washer to the gas pedal all 3 pedals will be more in line, plus the extra width of the gas makes it easier to toe-and-heel. Also, the grip is much better on the brake pedal, so your foot is less likely to slip sideways.

So far I'm really enjoying them!

Quick Reply: Just installed new aluminum pedals from SRP