Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

CPO 2013 C2S, 6800 miles, 2 owners Opinions please.

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 11:55 AM
cpbmd
Burning Brakes

Received 214 Likes on 102 Posts

Originally Posted by saeyedoc
Yes, they do have Bluetooth for phone and audio.
Awesome.. Thanks
Old 06-10-2018, 11:56 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by oalvarez
drive that car in to the dealership, ask them what they’ll give you for it, and there’s your car.

and since when did folks around here start thinking that a dealer’s asking price was the correct price to pay?

in your own words.....”use some common sense here.”

There's a HUGE difference between a dealer trade in $$, dealer retail, and FSBO asking price. Is there not??

How on earth does anyone make money? Dealer is supposed to sell the car exactly what they paid for it?? Common now.

OP should get a dealers license and go shop at auctions then.

Like I said, show me 1-2 comparables for sale NOW
Old 06-10-2018, 11:59 AM
cpbmd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by STG
There's a HUGE difference between a dealer trade in $$, dealer retail, and FSBO asking price. Is there not??

How on earth does anyone make money? Dealer is supposed to sell the car exactly what they paid for it?? Common now.

OP should get a dealers license and go shop at auctions then.

Like I said, show me 1-2 comparables for sale NOW.
No time for auctions, Ha Ha
I know that this is an irresponsible thing to do, but would you consider forgoing a PPI since there is a CPO and low mileage? (flame suit donned)
Old 06-10-2018, 12:01 PM
minthral
Pro

Received 44 Likes on 32 Posts

I recently bought a 1 year old 991.2 and had the idea to get a 2014-2015 used car for 70-90k. This car fits that well. Price and condition looks fair. I wouldn't consider buying that car because the beige standard interior doesn't suite me. Its just boils down to 'do you want that car.' None of the ones I found I liked... some had odd histories, some had too much wear (even with low miles), all had options I didn't like, and even one of them the interior smelled bad (drugs or smoke not sure). I found that I was stretching to find something I liked...the good ones already sold or asking price were high enough that I'd rather get a newer car.
Old 06-10-2018, 12:06 PM
saeyedoc
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by cpbmd
I know that this is an irresponsible thing to do, but would you consider forgoing a PPI since there is a CPO and low mileage? (flame suit donned)
not on a MT, you must look for over revs
Old 06-10-2018, 12:07 PM
cpbmd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by minthral
I recently bought a 1 year old 991.2 and had the idea to get a 2014-2015 used car for 70-90k. This car fits that well. Price and condition looks fair. I wouldn't consider buying that car because the beige standard interior doesn't suite me. Its just boils down to 'do you want that car.' None of the ones I found I liked... some had odd histories, some had too much wear (even with low miles), all had options I didn't like, and even one of them the interior smelled bad (drugs or smoke not sure). I found that I was stretching to find something I liked...the good ones already sold or asking price were high enough that I'd rather get a newer car.
I have had the same thought process too. I am trying to stay with in a budget of $80k and keep my emotions in check.
I agree on the Beige interior. It is the only downside to this car for me but if I can get it at a good price and other stuff checks out I would be fine with the interior.
Old 06-10-2018, 12:09 PM
cpbmd
Burning Brakes

Yeah I will ask for the Over Rev report. From what I have read as long as there are no revs in Range 3-6 it is fine.
Old 06-10-2018, 12:10 PM
STG
Race Director

Yes would do PPI and have dealer print over rev report.

CPO means little to most dealers other than offering an extended warranty.
Old 06-10-2018, 12:11 PM
cpbmd
Burning Brakes

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by STG
Yes would do PPI and have dealer print over rev report.

CPO means little to most dealers other than offering an extended warranty.
Will do. Thanks
Old 06-10-2018, 12:26 PM
STG
Race Director

Will do. Thanks

Are you somewhat local to it and can see it in person easily?
Old 06-10-2018, 12:29 PM
cpbmd
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by STG
Are you somewhat local to it and can see it in person easily?
4 hour 17 min one way drive. NH to NY
It will be tough to get done but I might be able to squeeze it in.
Old 06-10-2018, 01:29 PM
rcristobal
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

I was in the same position earlier this year and found one few months ago. If you are going to spend that much money, buy one that you can live with all the options and be patient stick to your budget.
Old 06-10-2018, 02:39 PM
WhipE350
Burning Brakes

Received 86 Likes on 55 Posts

Hey a new 2013 C2S! If you like this car you should get it. Some comments:
- Nothing wrong with white if you like it. Not uncommon at all.
- Beige is beautiful if kept clean. I prefer red on black. I bought a 2007 Boxster with 7k miles on it years ago, it was a garage queen in prior life and the beige was amazing. Some window reflection issue as you already know.
- If you like this car fly or drive down there. Go SEE IT. I'm not against buying without seeing, heck I bought a 2009 Cayenne GTS with 105k miles on it without seeing it but then I was only paying $21500 for clearly what was a gem. Five inch book of records, it turned out to be a steal.
- You aren't going to find a lot of manuals probably and if that is what you want sounds like a great find.
- Rev report would be good idea.
- The 'odds' are with this mileage it might be in fantastic cosmetic shape, though it was a lease, but clearly not driven. I sold a 2014 Cayenne Diesel last Dec that had 28k miles on it and it was cleaner than new, still smelled new, it was amazing. My point is you could find one owned by someone like me with much higher mileage and immaculate, then you could save money. Your odds with the low mileage though are this one will be pretty nice.
- The CPO is nice man, don't over look that.
- If you check this out in person and it is pristine and you love it. Negotiate a good price and never look back. Enjoy it and not thinking about how much you spent.
Good luck!!
Old 06-10-2018, 04:49 PM
Bxstr
Rennlist Member

Received 3,201 Likes on 2,187 Posts

That seems like a fair price. Like STG said, $75k would be a great deal for that. I think for me, the only 2 things that car doesn't have that I would want would be full leather. I always prefer black interiors too (helps to avoid reflections onto the windshield also) but white over tan is a very classic combo. I would go for it, and CPO is very nice peace of mind. On top of that getting fresh consumables (tires, brakes, service) if below spec is nice.
Old 06-10-2018, 04:55 PM
STG
Race Director

There is very good chance the tires on it are the original ones.

Of course brake pad are.

I would confirm the 10K maintenance has been done too. Required under CPO. ASK for the CPO checklist that was performed on it too.

Quick Reply: CPO 2013 C2S, 6800 miles, 2 owners Opinions please.