Sponsored by:

Thoughts on this MY15 Carrera 4 GTS Cab 7spd MT

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2018, 12:09 AM
GT TREE
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Thoughts on this MY15 Carrera 4 GTS Cab 7spd MT

I guess I should have included a link to my previous thread: https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1072...nual-rare.html

Will find out tomorrow if any of the OEM parts come with the car. Some really nice mods were done to this one with really no expense spared. Yes, I know it's priced too high. Especially after finding the For sale ad and the asking price from about a year ago when it was all stock with 6k less miles.

https://www.porschebeachwood.com/det...-17597298.html

I do have a few acquaintances that do business with this dealer and am told they are treated extremely well and are taken care of with getting hard to get allocations.
Old 06-08-2018, 12:17 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,265 Likes on 590 Posts

Great spec, and great wheels.

Assuming no accidents or obvious abuse, I'd unlower it a bit, ditch the duck (not my thing on a Cab), go to red taillights, and do stripe/tint/stoneguard/red lettering delete. All that is, of course, a matter of personal preference—but finding a spec that nice (transmission, exterior/interior colors, etc) isn't easy. And the wheels alone are 7-10K...
Old 06-08-2018, 01:10 AM
GT TREE
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
Great spec, and great wheels.

Assuming no accidents or obvious abuse, I'd unlower it a bit, ditch the duck (not my thing on a Cab), go to red taillights, and do stripe/tint/stoneguard/red lettering delete. All that is, of course, a matter of personal preference—but finding a spec that nice (transmission, exterior/interior colors, etc) isn't easy. And the wheels alone are 7-10K...
Agreed it's a nice build to begin with; not including some very expensive mods. The BBS FI-R's are my favorite wheels (just put some on my 981 Spyder).
I personally like everything as is with the way it looks now, but suppose it could be a bit too low at it's current state.
Old 06-08-2018, 03:04 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,265 Likes on 590 Posts

Originally Posted by GT TREE
Agreed it's a nice build to begin with; not including some very expensive mods. The BBS FI-R's are my favorite wheels (just put some on my 981 Spyder).
I personally like everything as is with the way it looks now, but suppose it could be a bit too low at it's current state.
So then it just comes down to price and ensuring that there is no body damage.
Old 06-08-2018, 07:11 AM
.2PDK
Drifting

Received 1,201 Likes on 725 Posts

Well let's see...

MT
NA
GTS

This alone makes it a great car.

Personally I'm not into duck tails, cabs or excessively lowered cars but the first 3 attributes would be a must for me.
Old 06-08-2018, 06:14 PM
deichenb
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is going to be tough sell for the dealer as it sits. Moving a significantly customized car is not easy - The seller needs to find a buyer with very comparable taste to the customizer. Otherwise, for the new owner, there is the PITA, cost, and scars left from un-doing the customization.

if you like *most* of the customization, and this is the configuration/color/tranny that you really want, I would go in with a significantly lower number than a comparable stock car. If you intend to un-do almost everything, or actually want a manual GTS Cab in a different color, or a manual white GTS Coupe, for example, I would just pass.

This is car will be available for awhile.

Quick Reply: Thoughts on this MY15 Carrera 4 GTS Cab 7spd MT