Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Low Price on '15 991.1 GTS Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2018 | 12:43 PM
kwikit356
Rennlist Member

Default New Low Price on '15 991.1 GTS Coupe

I have finally reached the point where I either keep this car or let it go for a lot less than it should be worth. I may have a quite unique GTS, but the market dictates what these are worth today. In about 30 minutes I hope I will have been able to move my ad in the "for sale" forum up toward the front so you can see it if you have any interest. Color is Sapphire Blue Metallic, PDK, huge list of options,etc.

I have a real offer on the car, but even in this market, it's just not quite enough. And, the buyer was originally looking for a Ferrari. Certainly not a Porsche guy, but maybe he'll become one. And, not a Rennlister. I'd be a lot happier if someone on here bought this car.

Looks like I have only about 8 hours to generate another offer. I've been told that this fellow is not really about the car, but rather the money and the deal. Nothing wrong with that, but right now it sucks to be me. I know, first world problem!

One last comment: am I correct in thinking that much of the seeming softening in the 991.1 GTS market is a function of so many Porsche dealer lease returns with low enough residual values that the dealers can CPO these low mileage cars, move them out the door and still make a second nice profit, even with a soft value? For some stupid reason, or even a lack thereof, I thought originally that the lease deals, low residuals on 991s, then a second dealer flush with a CPO to the second owner/lessee, did not apply to the somewhat limited supply of the GTS. I could have bought a GT3 for the same money as the GTS, assuming one would have been available to me. Oh well, there's no free lunch, and sometimes there's no lunch at all, even though you've already paid for it.

So, if anybody wants a '15 GTS, take a look over on the "for sale" forum.
Old 06-05-2018 | 01:17 PM
ddodds
Racer

Originally Posted by kwikit356
I have finally reached the point where I either keep this car or let it go for a lot less than it should be worth. I may have a quite unique GTS, but the market dictates what these are worth today. In about 30 minutes I hope I will have been able to move my ad in the "for sale" forum up toward the front so you can see it if you have any interest. Color is Sapphire Blue Metallic, PDK, huge list of options,etc.

I have a real offer on the car, but even in this market, it's just not quite enough. And, the buyer was originally looking for a Ferrari. Certainly not a Porsche guy, but maybe he'll become one. And, not a Rennlister. I'd be a lot happier if someone on here bought this car.

Looks like I have only about 8 hours to generate another offer. I've been told that this fellow is not really about the car, but rather the money and the deal. Nothing wrong with that, but right now it sucks to be me. I know, first world problem!

One last comment: am I correct in thinking that much of the seeming softening in the 991.1 GTS market is a function of so many Porsche dealer lease returns with low enough residual values that the dealers can CPO these low mileage cars, move them out the door and still make a second nice profit, even with a soft value? For some stupid reason, or even a lack thereof, I thought originally that the lease deals, low residuals on 991s, then a second dealer flush with a CPO to the second owner/lessee, did not apply to the somewhat limited supply of the GTS. I could have bought a GT3 for the same money as the GTS, assuming one would have been available to me. Oh well, there's no free lunch, and sometimes there's no lunch at all, even though you've already paid for it.

So, if anybody wants a '15 GTS, take a look over on the "for sale" forum.
How about some pictures to wet our appetites.
Old 06-05-2018 | 02:17 PM
STG
Race Director

https://rennlist.com/forums/vehicle-...s-coupe-2.html

Wouldn't really say "low price".

My advice. Interior color is a more limited audience. You've done ALOT of tinkering with the car which is a negative. Not even cosmetics. Suspension, tune, module. How much track time? Couldn't make it through all the writing.

A good dealer would have this around $105K with a CPO in their lot. A year ago would have been $110K.

If you can get anything over $100K FSBO I'd take the $$$ and run. Dealer trade would be sub $100K by far. Most guys looking on here would be buyers at mid/upper $90's, $100K on a good day.
Old 06-05-2018 | 03:01 PM
oalvarez
Three Wheelin'

totally agree with the $105k retail price tag with cpo, if that, given the mods.

depreciation rate/residual on said car (wholesale) are somewhere around 40% (if not more) of original msrp, then add back for low mileage.

don't miss the bus for a plus as they say. your car has been for sale for a while now and it doesn't seem like there's been a lot of buy interest. i don't know where else you have the car listed but trust that it's listed somewhere else besides Rennlist. and yes, it's all a function of the number of cars coming off lease, that's how i came across the one that i recently purchased.

all the best, thank you for your service, and good luck with the sale.
Old 06-05-2018 | 03:07 PM
STG
Race Director

Regarding leases, I'm surprised how many actually are. I wonder how many Porsche's are? I hear it's pretty high.
Old 06-05-2018 | 03:18 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Originally Posted by STG
Regarding leases, I'm surprised how many actually are. I wonder how many Porsche's are? I hear it's pretty high.
As of 2016, according to this article, 30 percent of Porsches are leased. Have no idea how that breaks down by model, though.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/th...only-purchased

This January 2017 article states that 36 percent of Porsches were leased in 2016, up significantly from 2011.

https://dealers.edmunds.com/static/a...t-jan-2017.pdf
Old 06-05-2018 | 03:26 PM
STG
Race Director

I assume most luxury brands have high percentage of lease rates.

Now is about the time that three-year GTS leases are coming back. Will be quite a few over the next year.
Old 06-05-2018 | 03:30 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Originally Posted by STG
I assume most luxury brands have high percentage of lease rates.

Now is about the time that three-year GTS leases are coming back. Will be quite a few over the next year.
Porsche was actually a lot lower down on that pie chart in the first article I posted than I thought they would be...
Old 06-05-2018 | 03:37 PM
oalvarez
Three Wheelin'

and i'm pretty certain that 2015-2016 residuals were set MUCH higher than they are for today's leases to help move cars (low monthly payment, high residual value at turn-in). it's very much the opposite now. leasing cos/banks have lowered residuals and that might be affecting current market values as a by-product of doing such. possibly a hedge against being later in the credit cycle.

Quick Reply: New Low Price on '15 991.1 GTS Coupe