Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SF Bay Area PPF recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2018, 08:35 PM
IainM
Drifting

Received 308 Likes on 238 Posts

Premier in Fremont is fully booked to December!
There's a recommendation.
Old 09-13-2018, 08:44 PM
RoWa
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by IainM
Premier in Fremont is fully booked to December!
There's a recommendation.
The other person that I recommend is Rob Sorensen at Autoprofilms in Belmont. His number is 650 394 7740

I think Rob has better availability
Old 09-13-2018, 11:17 PM
jsullivan
Track Day

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have a slightly different variant of this question...

Most of the well-recommended shops in the Bay Area that do professional paint correction, detailing, and a full custom wrap are booked well into next year.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a shop that can do a quick front-wrap on a 911 for basic stone chip protection?

Even pre-cut, half-bra coverage for the nose would be fine. Cosmetics aren't a big deal as long as they don't damage the paint with a knife while putting it on... Then replace in a few months.

I know I could use TracWrap or buy a pre-cut kit. But if there's an installer that can do the same on a relatively quick turnaround that would be good to know.
Old 09-13-2018, 11:42 PM
basic666
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jsullivan
I have a slightly different variant of this question...

Most of the well-recommended shops in the Bay Area that do professional paint correction, detailing, and a full custom wrap are booked well into next year.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a shop that can do a quick front-wrap on a 911 for basic stone chip protection?

Even pre-cut, half-bra coverage for the nose would be fine. Cosmetics aren't a big deal as long as they don't damage the paint with a knife while putting it on... Then replace in a few months.

I know I could use TracWrap or buy a pre-cut kit. But if there's an installer that can do the same on a relatively quick turnaround that would be good to know.
check out MUM sports. I know they have open spots, gonna be doing my ceramic coating and tinting there. They work with a lot of bay area dealers and i had my macan wrapped there through dealer.

Also try Invisiguard Clear Bra, im doing my wrap there in october, just cuz its a smaller shop i would hope they take better care of your car and the job etc.
Old 09-14-2018, 01:25 AM
RoWa
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by basic666
check out MUM sports. I know they have open spots, gonna be doing my ceramic coating and tinting there. They work with a lot of bay area dealers and i had my macan wrapped there through dealer.

Also try Invisiguard Clear Bra, im doing my wrap there in october, just cuz its a smaller shop i would hope they take better care of your car and the job etc.
+1 on Jeremy Gomez at Invisiguard

Also talk to Alex at Alexshop in Fremont
Old 09-14-2018, 07:25 AM
Matt!
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Talk to Mike at Myko Designs. They’re based in SoCal but are in the Bay Area about once a month. They’ve done 2 cars for me. Highly recommend.
Old 09-14-2018, 11:08 AM
HMBGTS
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Matt!
Talk to Mike at Myko Designs. They’re based in SoCal but are in the Bay Area about once a month. They’ve done 2 cars for me. Highly recommend.
Def +1 for Myko Designs. They did my Aston Martin Vantage S 2 years ago and did an outstanding job. They also seem to do 991s non-stop on their Instagram feed, so they are very familiar with all the geometry involved on the car.
Old 09-14-2018, 01:45 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,321 Likes on 614 Posts

+1 for Mike @ Myko

Just did my 991 and were a pleasure to deal with. I also like that they don't disassemble the car, yet all of the coverage is really well done.
Old 09-14-2018, 08:11 PM
4pipes
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts

Greg Simms in south bay. Did my .2CS. Excellent quality.
*(408) 691-6791‬
Old 09-18-2018, 05:12 PM
omegaSMP300
Advanced

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

AutoProFilms in Burlingame have done a fair few for me. Rob's great.
Old 09-18-2018, 09:26 PM
Ecosse911
Rennlist Member

Received 250 Likes on 133 Posts

I am also looking to get my car PPF'd at the end of the year. Planning on full front PPF and coating the rest. The two shops that I am considering use Clear guard nano and Xpel ultimate, which are used by Premier and Elite respectively. They also use different paint protection products for the non PPF sections, Modesta B04 Titanium (or nanolex) vs Ceramic Pro (1-4 layers). Overall the pricing is not a whole lot different, 20% more for Premier when I sum up everything (select similar tier products). Also is no surpise that both of these highly regarded shops are booked out for the next couple of months, so it looks like I need to get my slot soon so I can take my car straight for PPF from the dealer.

My car is (2019 GTS) Carrera white metallic, so its not going to have the same issues as a dark color but its also going to lack the deep luster. I have no experience of PPF but I do have experience in thin film transparent coatings. So what I wonder is if both these films will provide the similar transparency? will one provide more or less sheen than the other? Essentially which one better represents the true color (no tinting) and has less haze (smoother surface), more luster. Same question for the liquid coatings. I would appreciate any feed back from those in the know as a quick search did not yield any quantitative numbers comparing these products. Some state that there product is the clearest... but it would be nice to have this backed up with data.

Both shops come highly recommended, so I am thinking that this is more a question of the products. I don't expect an issue with the quality of the work, but please advise if I am wrong.

Thanks
Old 06-03-2022, 03:35 PM
Mum Sports
Former Vendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I know I am a bit very late here as I just came across this post.

We would be happy to welcome you here in Mum Sports. I assure you that our team will give you the highest quality work that's possible we are just located at 41431 Albrae St, Fremont, CA 94538. Also, we are offering 10% OFF for all rennlist forum members. Here's our Tel: 510-462-3797 Looking forward to gaining you as a customer.

Quick Reply: SF Bay Area PPF recommendations?