Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

991.2 allocations in SoCal?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 03:00 PM
spiderv6
Rennlist Member

Received 268 Likes on 139 Posts

In your position, I would be looking at a new car on the lot (nationwide) and pushing for a significant discount - with the model change coming and the fact you are looking for a stripper (not that many people are) you should be into double digit discounts easily. Or, go for lightly used and let someone else eat the depreciation for you.
Old 05-18-2018, 11:06 AM
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 2,058 Likes on 578 Posts

Originally Posted by stout
C.J., curious if you can get base Carrera allocations? I have sold a few to friends who have driven my car, but hearing they can't get allocations. T only...
The allocations are unevenly distributed but we received a 2019 Coupe recently.
Old 05-18-2018, 01:15 PM
PLom
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Porsche of San Diego appears to have a few (including T's) on their website. They have treated me very well in the past. Highly recommended.

Cheers, -Peter
Old 05-19-2018, 12:50 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,309 Likes on 609 Posts

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban
The allocations are unevenly distributed but we received a 2019 Coupe recently.
^ Thanks. Was just with the PCNA folks in Napa, and hear there will be more 2019 allocations. Base, T, etc.

Spent a little more time in the T this week, this time not on snow tires...and on roads I know well. What a great car.
Old 05-19-2018, 01:29 AM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 124 Posts

^ Thanks. Was just with the PCNA folks in Napa, and hear there will be more 2019 allocations. Base, T, etc.

Spent a little more time in the T this week, this time not on snow tires...and on roads I know well. What a great car.
Hey Pete, now that you drove the T under these circumstances, were you able to notice more of a difference between it and a regular Carrera?

Thanks!
Old 05-19-2018, 06:37 PM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,309 Likes on 609 Posts

Originally Posted by alex_c
Hey Pete, now that you drove the T under these circumstances, were you able to notice more of a difference between it and a regular Carrera?

Thanks!
The T is sublime. Car I drove was PDK, so another X factor, but sublime nonetheless. What a chassis.

To answer your question: No, but we'll find out Monday—when we do a little "research" with a Carrera 7MT and a Carrera T 7MT on the same roads and same day for a future 000 story.
Old 05-19-2018, 10:21 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 371 Likes on 124 Posts

The T is sublime. Car I drove was PDK, so another X factor, but sublime nonetheless. What a chassis.

To answer your question: No, but we'll find out Monday—when we do a little "research" with a Carrera 7MT and a Carrera T 7MT on the same roads and same day for a future 000 story.

Thanks Pete!

Although I don't have .001% of your experience in order to compare the T to other models, I wholeheartedly agree that the T is indeed sublime. Every ride on it is quite an experience and just puts a smile on my face. On the couple of longer drives I've done (300+ miles each) I just can't believe how incredible it feels, accelerates and handles. Tomorrow I'm doing another 300 mile run down to Austin...

It's funny that my son just told me today that he noticed I can't go a day without saying how extremely happy I am with the car, and how much I am enjoying it!

And BTW, you may be getting a new subscriber soon...
Old 05-19-2018, 10:36 PM
911-TOUR
Rennlist Member

Received 303 Likes on 156 Posts

Oh, I want that.

cheers!
Old 05-20-2018, 10:52 AM
ronht
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm in Illinois, allocations appear to be very tight here too.

I put a deposit down for a T back in April, and just got confirmation 2 days ago for a July build with a September delivery. Dealer says it's the only "T" allocation they will/can get this year.

Good luck!
Old 05-22-2018, 10:43 AM
yooj
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A bit off topic, but one available one that I am considering has the factory xxp tinted taillights. Does this option dim the running or brake lights? If one buys from stock, is it reasonable to expect the dealer to exchange them for regular taillights for some credit?

Last edited by yooj; 05-22-2018 at 07:17 PM.
Old 05-22-2018, 06:43 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by yooj
A bit off topic, but one available one that I am considering has the factory xxp tinted taillights. Does this option dim the running or brake lights? If one buys from stock, is it reasonable to expect the dealer to exchange them for regular twilights, for some credit?

No and no.

Quick Reply: 991.2 allocations in SoCal?