Notices
991
Sponsored by:

991.2 allocations in SoCal?

 
Old 05-15-2018, 03:00 PM
  #16  
spiderv6
Super User
 
spiderv6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: NJ
Posts: 2,271
Likes: 0
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Default

In your position, I would be looking at a new car on the lot (nationwide) and pushing for a significant discount - with the model change coming and the fact you are looking for a stripper (not that many people are) you should be into double digit discounts easily. Or, go for lightly used and let someone else eat the depreciation for you.
spiderv6 is offline  
Old 05-18-2018, 11:06 AM
  #17  
C.J. Ichiban
Platinum Dealership
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

 
C.J. Ichiban's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Exit Row seats
Posts: 9,021
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by stout
C.J., curious if you can get base Carrera allocations? I have sold a few to friends who have driven my car, but hearing they can't get allocations. T only...
The allocations are unevenly distributed but we received a 2019 Coupe recently.
C.J. Ichiban is offline  
Old 05-18-2018, 01:15 PM
  #18  
PLom
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
PLom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: SoCal
Posts: 138
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Porsche of San Diego appears to have a few (including T's) on their website. They have treated me very well in the past. Highly recommended.

Cheers, -Peter
PLom is offline  
Old 05-19-2018, 12:50 AM
  #19  
stout
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
stout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: ^ The Bay Bridge, Silly
Posts: 3,682
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by C.J. Ichiban View Post
The allocations are unevenly distributed but we received a 2019 Coupe recently.
^ Thanks. Was just with the PCNA folks in Napa, and hear there will be more 2019 allocations. Base, T, etc.

Spent a little more time in the T this week, this time not on snow tires...and on roads I know well. What a great car.
stout is offline  
Old 05-19-2018, 01:29 AM
  #20  
alex_c
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
alex_c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 659
Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by stout View Post
^ Thanks. Was just with the PCNA folks in Napa, and hear there will be more 2019 allocations. Base, T, etc.

Spent a little more time in the T this week, this time not on snow tires...and on roads I know well. What a great car.
Hey Pete, now that you drove the T under these circumstances, were you able to notice more of a difference between it and a regular Carrera?

Thanks!
alex_c is offline  
Old 05-19-2018, 06:37 PM
  #21  
stout
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
stout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: ^ The Bay Bridge, Silly
Posts: 3,682
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by alex_c View Post
Hey Pete, now that you drove the T under these circumstances, were you able to notice more of a difference between it and a regular Carrera?

Thanks!
The T is sublime. Car I drove was PDK, so another X factor, but sublime nonetheless. What a chassis.

To answer your question: No, but we'll find out Monday—when we do a little "research" with a Carrera 7MT and a Carrera T 7MT on the same roads and same day for a future 000 story.
stout is offline  
Old 05-19-2018, 10:21 PM
  #22  
alex_c
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
alex_c's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 659
Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by stout View Post
The T is sublime. Car I drove was PDK, so another X factor, but sublime nonetheless. What a chassis.

To answer your question: No, but we'll find out Monday—when we do a little "research" with a Carrera 7MT and a Carrera T 7MT on the same roads and same day for a future 000 story.

Thanks Pete!

Although I don't have .001% of your experience in order to compare the T to other models, I wholeheartedly agree that the T is indeed sublime. Every ride on it is quite an experience and just puts a smile on my face. On the couple of longer drives I've done (300+ miles each) I just can't believe how incredible it feels, accelerates and handles. Tomorrow I'm doing another 300 mile run down to Austin...

It's funny that my son just told me today that he noticed I can't go a day without saying how extremely happy I am with the car, and how much I am enjoying it!

And BTW, you may be getting a new subscriber soon...
alex_c is offline  
Old 05-19-2018, 10:36 PM
  #23  
911-TOUR
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
911-TOUR's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2001
Location: At the outer marker...
Posts: 1,198
Likes: 0
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by stout View Post
The T is sublime. Car I drove was PDK, so another X factor, but sublime nonetheless. What a chassis.

To answer your question: No, but we'll find out Monday—when we do a little "research" with a Carrera 7MT and a Carrera T 7MT on the same roads and same day for a future 000 story.
Oh, I want that.

cheers!
911-TOUR is offline  
Old 05-20-2018, 10:52 AM
  #24  
ronht
Addict
Rennlist Member
 
ronht's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2017
Posts: 73
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

I'm in Illinois, allocations appear to be very tight here too.

I put a deposit down for a T back in April, and just got confirmation 2 days ago for a July build with a September delivery. Dealer says it's the only "T" allocation they will/can get this year.

Good luck!
ronht is offline  
Old 05-22-2018, 10:43 AM
  #25  
yooj
User
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2018
Location: Southern California
Posts: 6
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

A bit off topic, but one available one that I am considering has the factory xxp tinted taillights. Does this option dim the running or brake lights? If one buys from stock, is it reasonable to expect the dealer to exchange them for regular taillights for some credit?





Last edited by yooj; 05-22-2018 at 07:17 PM.
yooj is offline  
Old 05-22-2018, 06:43 PM
  #26  
Andial
Banned
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 1,422
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by yooj View Post
A bit off topic, but one available one that I am considering has the factory xxp tinted taillights. Does this option dim the running or brake lights? If one buys from stock, is it reasonable to expect the dealer to exchange them for regular twilights, for some credit?


No and no.
Andial is offline  
 


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 991.2 allocations in SoCal?


Contact Us - About Us - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
 
  • Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: