Sponsored by:

991.2 Carrera Base 2 Month ownership update vs Jaguar FType V8S

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2018, 11:10 PM
sali1980
Rennlist Member

Received 167 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by JustBud
I get the joke, no need to tell me to relax.

I've been hit by a car and lost friends to car/bike accidents. I've also had people try to scare me with yelling/horns/showing their great exhaust. It's not fun in the least when someone gives you a fly by at 70 mph revving their motor while they're six inches away from your handlebars. I've see it cause someone to crash because they're startled and they react. It's a bit of a pet peeve of mine when I see people refer to cyclists as "Armstrong wannabe's", a little dismissive don't you think? Those folks tend to be the people I've just described. Maybe I came off a bit strong, if so, I apologize. It's just a battle that I fight every time I ride my bike.
It was joke and personally I am super careful around pedestrians and bikers (I always have a dash cam running) as it is a major risk. But unlike your west coast, cyclist’s in north east are crazy - salmoning, running red lights and in fact killing an pedestrian (I think a year ago in NYC)
Old 05-08-2018, 12:34 AM
JustBud
Race Car

Received 654 Likes on 378 Posts

Originally Posted by sali1980

It was joke and personally I am super careful around pedestrians and bikers (I always have a dash cam running) as it is a major risk. But unlike your west coast, cyclist’s in north east are crazy - salmoning, running red lights and in fact killing an pedestrian (I think a year ago in NYC)
Again, I do apologize if I came off a bit strong. I do tend to get a bit defensive on car boards when it comes to cycling. There are idiot cyclists everywhere just as there are idiot drivers. I try to be courteous when I'm doing either.
Old 05-08-2018, 02:04 AM
stout
Rennlist Member

Received 1,257 Likes on 588 Posts

Originally Posted by sali1980

It was joke and personally I am super careful around pedestrians and bikers (I always have a dash cam running) as it is a major risk. But unlike your west coast, cyclist’s in north east are crazy - salmoning, running red lights…
Oh, don't worry: We've got them too.

Yes, there are smart & courteous cyclists out here, just like there are smart & courteous drivers. And then there are the rest...

Quick Reply: 991.2 Carrera Base 2 Month ownership update vs Jaguar FType V8S