Old 12-05-2018, 06:11 PM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts
Default XPEL

Originally Posted by jkyrennist
I’m asking here Bc I am not getting any replies from your corporate email...

Are these products safe to use on ultimate plus?
Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant
Collinite 845
jkyrennist,

We don't see any emails in the inbox, are you sending to marketing@xpel.com? Either way, we apologize for the inconvenience and will do our best to answer your questions.

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant - I talked to our Chief Engineer for Paint Protection and he said "I wouldn't recommend it as we've tested other Wolfgang products before and they destroyed the film." To be 100% sure I called the customer support number for Wolfgang to see if they could tell me the ingredients and if it was XPEL safe and he replied, "No, we wouldn't recommend it."

Coolinite 845 - We couldn't find the ingredients and they didn't answer their customer support line. We did request an SDS Sheet so we could see ingredients though. But as of right now, unsure if Paint Protection Safe at this time. If you have a bottle with you, check the back and see if they have the ingredients listed and make sure to look for "Petroleum Distillates" such as Naphtha or Kerosene. If it has those ingredients, it is NOT paint protection friendly.

Old 12-05-2018, 06:20 PM
JYT
Rennlist Member

Received 12 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by XPEL
jkyrennist,

We don't see any emails in the inbox, are you sending to marketing@xpel.com? Either way, we apologize for the inconvenience and will do our best to answer your questions.

Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant - I talked to our Chief Engineer for Paint Protection and he said "I wouldn't recommend it as we've tested other Wolfgang products before and they destroyed the film." To be 100% sure I called the customer support number for Wolfgang to see if they could tell me the ingredients and if it was XPEL safe and he replied, "No, we wouldn't recommend it."

Coolinite 845 - We couldn't find the ingredients and they didn't answer their customer support line. We did request an SDS Sheet so we could see ingredients though. But as of right now, unsure if Paint Protection Safe at this time. If you have a bottle with you, check the back and see if they have the ingredients listed and make sure to look for "Petroleum Distillates" such as Naphtha or Kerosene. If it has those ingredients, it is NOT paint protection friendly.
Thank you!

Updated: Collinite 845 contains petroleum distillates

Last edited by JYT; 12-05-2018 at 06:45 PM.
Old 12-05-2018, 06:29 PM
XPEL
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 70 Likes on 37 Posts
Default XPEL

Originally Posted by Gary JR
For his color, whatever that means. Clear is clear. And Xpel has better t-shirts.
Agreed. Best bet is to see the film on your color in person to really make a decision but what I can say is that our film is engineered to match your paints finish. This way, the XPEL wrapped panels match the finish of the non XPEL wrapped panels. XPEL Paint Protection is your invisible barrier between you and the road.

Also, thank you for the T-Shirt compliment. We are still doing our XPEL SWAG PACK Giveaway to ANYONE who has XPEL on their Porsche and has posted about it on this thread or any other thread on this forum. Just email us the thread and post # along with your t-shirt size and shipping info so we can get the order placed. Email at marketing@xpel.com.

Thank you all for your support.
Old 12-05-2018, 06:30 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,378 Likes on 2,318 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim991

Curious, how did you determine the Suntek was better clarity? I will soon be making the same decision on black.
My installer held up samples of all the films against my car, which is Miami Blue, and the Suntek Ultra seemed clearer and glossier, at least to me. If your installer has multiple films you can do the same and the better films all have the same qualities, warranty, etc. And pay no attention to T-shirt man.
Old 12-07-2018, 02:53 PM
ChaosHokie
Advanced

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bonn72
Getting XPEL Ultimate Plus installed as we speak at Xtreme Auto Details in Chantilly, VA. Great folks to deal with there. Looking forward to finally driving without worrying too much.
So... how was it? Got pics? I'm shopping for a PPF in the area too

Old 12-07-2018, 07:37 PM
Big Swole
Rennlist Member

Received 2,029 Likes on 1,275 Posts

XPEL

I sent you guys a PM

Thank you!
Old 12-07-2018, 11:29 PM
Haliax
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 25 Posts

I picked up my Carrera T this afternoon after having Suntek Ultra installed on the full front, mirrors, A-pillars, partial roof, rocker panels and rear hips/wheel wells. After the ppf was installed, Gtechniq Crystal Serum Ultra ceramic coating was applied to the whole vehicle including the newly installed ppf and the wheels.

I am so so happy with the results. After researching many different installers in my area, I ended up going with Oz Braz in Gilbert, AZ. The owner/installer Andrew and his team couldn’t have been better to work with. He took time with me to explain everything and made my whole experience top notch. I drove over an hour to get to his shop but it was totally worth it. The shine and clarity of the Suntek/Gtechniq combo is stunning.

On my long drive back home I encountered some rain and the water just sheeted off the car like magic. When I arrived home, it had dried off and you would never have known it had been through the rain. I can’t recommend Andrew and Oz Braz highly enough. The installer makes all the difference when dealing with these complicated paint protection films and ceramic coatings.

Old 12-07-2018, 11:43 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Received 3,378 Likes on 2,318 Posts

Looks real nice, and another satisfied Suntek Ultra customer. I know that there are other films out there but I am happy with it so that is all that matters...no way it could have turned out better with another film. And you are correct in that the installer is the most important thing since film is film but the installer is the one who applies it. For those that think a good installer is too far remember you only have to do it once (or maybe again and after many years) so suck it up and make arrangements to drop off your car, etc. if you find a good place.
Old 12-07-2018, 11:59 PM
Haliax
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob Z.
Looks real nice, and another satisfied Suntek Ultra customer. I know that there are other films out there but I am happy with it so that is all that matters...no way it could have turned out better with another film. And you are correct in that the installer is the most important thing since film is film but the installer is the one who applies it. For those that think a good installer is too far remember you only have to do it once (or maybe again and after many years) so suck it up and make arrangements to drop off your car, etc. if you find a good place.
I agree Bob! Dropped the car off on Tuesday and picked it up on Friday. Luckily my wife was able to chauffeur me around for 3 days. 😆
Old 05-22-2019, 09:59 AM
Radmd74
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

First-hand experience with great install in socal for clear bra?

Originally Posted by Haliax

I agree Bob! Dropped the car off on Tuesday and picked it up on Friday. Luckily my wife was able to chauffeur me around for 3 days. 😆
Old 05-22-2019, 12:40 PM
DaveGee
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 259 Posts

Moe Mistry at Glistening Perfection.

https://www.glisteningperfection.com/

DaveGee
Old 05-22-2019, 05:25 PM
titan7
Rennlist Member

Received 30 Likes on 23 Posts

I will 2nd that recommendation for Moe at GP.
Old 05-22-2019, 06:34 PM
garfunkle
Banned

Received 1,147 Likes on 630 Posts

I have Xpel on my 991 and am scheduled to have it put on my 987. Looking forward to seeing the improved clarity of the new stuff!
Old 05-27-2019, 12:36 PM
Fbrooksr
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 18 Posts
Default What if I hadn't!!!

Got my 991.2 Targa 4s. Drove it for a week (just had to), then to the PPF installer (Perfection Detailing in Fallston, MD) for Xpel Ultimate full front, then ceramic full car. That was 7 months ago.

Wiped my car down this morning after a rain. The car wiped down easily with no streaks. But... What I did notice was all the dings on my frunk hood and mirrors!!! OMG! What if I hadn't PPF'd my car!?!? There's my answer to the questions! A dark car shows dings very easily. No brainer!!!
Old 05-27-2019, 12:40 PM
Radmd74
Racer

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

***so with the bra you see dings and dents even more clearly?****

Originally Posted by Fbrooksr
Got my 991.2 Targa 4s. Drove it for a week (just had to), then to the PPF installer (Perfection Detailing in Fallston, MD) for Xpel Ultimate full front, then ceramic full car. That was 7 months ago.

Wiped my car down this morning after a rain. The car wiped down easily with no streaks. But... What I did notice was all the dings on my frunk hood and mirrors!!! OMG! What if I hadn't PPF'd my car!?!? There's my answer to the questions! A dark car shows dings very easily. No brainer!!!

Quick Reply: I am a PPF (Clear Bra) Believer now...