Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

MKAH Motorports Splitter

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2018 | 04:47 PM
Jbgill6535
Instructor

Default MKAH Motorports Splitter

Just getting a chance to review the MKAH splitter for my 991.1 GTS. This car has the Sports Design style bumper cover typically found standard on the GTS and I have also seen the splitter installed on the AeroKit bumper as well. I received and installed the splitter about a month ago and have done quite a bit of driving with it and have been very pleased.

Initially, I purchased the splitter to help avoid the constant scraping of the OEM bumper cover and shredding of the Xpel wrap that I was having to replace often. After installation, I feel that it enhances the front end of the car and helps to balance the Vorsteiner wing and diffuser I recently installed on the rear of the car, which I also purchased through MKAH Motorsports.

I was impressed with the construction and materials used for the design immediately upon receipt. The material, ABS plastic, is about 1/2 inch thick and has a very OEM texture to it. The mounting hardware is constructed of aluminum and is powder coated in black and all screws used to secure the mounting hardware are anodized steeI. I was also pleased that the design allows the splitter to be mounted into existing holes in the OEM bumper cover, making installation very straight forward.

Installation with the provided instructions was very easy and the design allows for a level of adjustment by allowing the splitter to be tucked under the bumper or extended by approximately 2 inches. In addition, the mounting system provides a very stable solution and does not allow for any "play" of the unit against the bottom of the bumper, allowing it to remain in place at speeds typically experienced with 911s.

Very happy with the purchase, which was of good design and construction, a fair price and provides a little something different that helps to provide protection for the bumper cover and helps balance out the car. Would definitely buy again.
Attached Images     
Old 04-23-2018 | 09:22 PM
gbree
Racer

Looks good!
Old 10-06-2018 | 12:32 PM
oldguy99
5th Gear

Originally Posted by Jbgill6535
Just getting a chance to review the MKAH splitter for my 991.1 GTS. This car has the Sports Design style bumper cover typically found standard on the GTS and I have also seen the splitter installed on the AeroKit bumper as well. I received and installed the splitter about a month ago and have done quite a bit of driving with it and have been very pleased.

Initially, I purchased the splitter to help avoid the constant scraping of the OEM bumper cover and shredding of the Xpel wrap that I was having to replace often. After installation, I feel that it enhances the front end of the car and helps to balance the Vorsteiner wing and diffuser I recently installed on the rear of the car, which I also purchased through MKAH Motorsports.

I was impressed with the construction and materials used for the design immediately upon receipt. The material, ABS plastic, is about 1/2 inch thick and has a very OEM texture to it. The mounting hardware is constructed of aluminum and is powder coated in black and all screws used to secure the mounting hardware are anodized steeI. I was also pleased that the design allows the splitter to be mounted into existing holes in the OEM bumper cover, making installation very straight forward.

Installation with the provided instructions was very easy and the design allows for a level of adjustment by allowing the splitter to be tucked under the bumper or extended by approximately 2 inches. In addition, the mounting system provides a very stable solution and does not allow for any "play" of the unit against the bottom of the bumper, allowing it to remain in place at speeds typically experienced with 911s.

Very happy with the purchase, which was of good design and construction, a fair price and provides a little something different that helps to provide protection for the bumper cover and helps balance out the car. Would definitely buy again.

Car looks great! This splitter is exactly what I've been looking for! I don't suppose you have pictures of under side of the front bumper to show how everything bolts together? I have the aerokit bumper. I also want to extend the splitter out to get the GT3 look. Since my bumper has the aerokit "holes" on the bottom, I wonder if the splitter will disrupt air flow?

Your vorsteiner wing looks great too! Would love to see more photos of that as well!

Old 10-06-2018 | 07:41 PM
BM991
Rennlist Member

Looks good! I have the same problem with my clear bra scraping also.

Is there any special pricing for Rennlist members?

Do you know where the company is located?

Thanks!
Old 10-06-2018 | 08:00 PM
flsupraguy
Rennlist Member

looks good. I'm interested for my 991.2 gts
Old 10-07-2018 | 12:49 PM
RDCR
Rennlist Member

How about some pics of your rear wing. How is that mounted? On a ducktail?
Old 10-07-2018 | 01:41 PM
Bob Z.
Rennlist Member

Here is another option if you don't want a splitter: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...rmor-sale.html
Old 10-25-2018 | 09:05 AM
Jbgill6535
Instructor

Originally Posted by BM991
Looks good! I have the same problem with my clear bra scraping also.

Is there any special pricing for Rennlist members?

Do you know where the company is located?

Thanks!
I'm sure there is. Grant is a great guy to work with. The company is located in Baton Rouge , LA.
Old 10-25-2018 | 09:07 AM
Jbgill6535
Instructor

Hey sorry I'm just getting back to you. I've been out for work for a bit and haven't been checking RL. I can get you some additional pics if you are interested to see some other views. It looks great with the Vorsteiner Carbon diffuser as well. If you are in the market, I know where to pick them up at a great price! Removed them yesterday to trade the GTS in for a GT3.
Old 07-06-2021 | 08:29 PM
PatrickBateman
Racer

Hey sorry I'm just getting back to you. I've been out for work for a bit and haven't been checking RL. I can get you some additional pics if you are interested to see some other views. It looks great with the Vorsteiner Carbon diffuser as well. If you are in the market, I know where to pick them up at a great price! Removed them yesterday to trade the GTS in for a GT3.
Hey- I’m in the market for a vorsteiner wing and would love both pics and the contact info for purchase!

Quick Reply: MKAH Motorports Splitter