Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

White Plastic Wrappings

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2018 | 08:02 PM
FI Flyer
Racer

Default White Plastic Wrappings

This is a picture of my new car as it was received by the dealer. I will post better pictures soon after it has been wrapped and ceramic coated. Detailing Dynamics, which is doing the work suggested that I leave the white factory wrapping on until they receive the car which is why it is still on.

This raises a question: Does anyone knows why the factory covers only some of the car for shipment and why they choose to cover those areas?
Old 04-21-2018 | 10:45 AM
Icebreaker
Racer

It is exciting when everything comes together! Unwrapping the car upon arrival was one of the most memorable days of my ownership. The wheels were hidden and the whole roof covered in white sheeting... plus I had never seen the wheels or roof assembly other than on the configurator. You have a beautiful looking car there! Travel safe and congratulations.
Old 04-21-2018 | 11:53 AM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

I'm assuming that is where most of the contaminants (including seagull poo from the port) would fall. Leave that kind of crap (verbatim) on the car for 3 weeks and it will etch and eat thru the paint.
Old 04-21-2018 | 05:24 PM
Andial
Banned

Very nice. Your 911 is a regular Carrera which is why not every part is covered. Even the GT3 is like this. However, the GT3RS is completely covered, like its VAG stablemate the Bentley Bentayga. Detailing Dynamics is the best in your region. Good choice. Which dealer did you purchase from? There is a 991.1 GT3 in the same colour in NY as well.
Old 04-21-2018 | 08:47 PM
DaveGee
Rennlist Member

I took delivery of my Targa this week. Pleasantly surprised at how well the car was protected.

DaveGee
Old 04-21-2018 | 10:54 PM
FI Flyer
Racer

Which dealer did you purchase from?
This is the third car that I have purchased from Porsche of Huntington. I have been consistently well treated by them. While don't believe that I got any sensational bargains, I have gotten fair prices and excellent service.

There is a 991.1 GT3 in the same colour in NY as well.
Roughly where in the New York area did you see that GT3? If it was in the city, which neighborhood?

I was inspired to get Ice Blue by a pale blue 911 that I saw near South Salem, NY about five years ago on the day after Thanksgiving. I am sure of the day but not the date because my family always went up there to get together on that day.
Old 04-22-2018 | 06:57 PM
Andial
Banned

I agree with your philosophy. I believe the GT3 was in Manhattan.

Quick Reply: White Plastic Wrappings