Sponsored by:

Interior rattle noise from the back

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2018, 01:12 AM
vodkag
Rennlist Member

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Interior rattle noise from the back

I read that rattling is a common problem for our cars.

what are the usual suspect that i can check for rattling noise. I hear it from the back of the car....any guess?
Old 04-20-2018, 02:33 AM
DerekS
Rennlist Member

Received 103 Likes on 54 Posts

I had one that plagued me for a year, turned out to be the two plastic trim plates under the spoiler. One had been damaged during an oil change so it rattled loose.

Raise the spoiler and tap the plastics at the far left and right. You can pull them out to confirm the tabs are still intact.

They are cheap to replace, if this is your cause.

Last edited by DerekS; 04-20-2018 at 02:35 AM. Reason: Additional detail
Old 04-20-2018, 03:49 AM
CSK 911 C4S
Rennlist Member

Received 857 Likes on 432 Posts

I had/have one with the rear seatbelts.

I ride with them buckled now and all is quiet.
Old 04-20-2018, 08:23 AM
mtony
Pro

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

The side windows in the back of my car rattled. I searched and found how to remove the windows, and I was able to add a strip of felt around part of the glass without completely removing them. Been quiet ever since.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:06 AM
oolor13
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

I had more of a tapping noise than a rattle coming from the back. It turned out to be a loose/broken tab on the headliner.
Old 04-21-2018, 04:59 AM
13mit
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 3 Posts

Seatbelts also happened to me. Turned out the metal part of the belt was hitting the plastic in between the two seats in the back. Just made sure to tuck it away nicely and all is good.
Old 04-21-2018, 04:13 PM
maxpowers
Pro

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

How are you all isolating your rattles? I've had rattles from everywhere. The seat rattled whenever you'd push back in it, there have been/still are rattles coming from pretty much everywhere. I put felt where I could and have taken it into the dealership multiples times and they finally fixed some of them last time. Apparently there is also a problem with the passenger seat. I found 3 more rattles since my last time and I've marked them for when I bring the car in. There is also a new rattle coming from the rear I can't identify, but it might be from the rear seat belts. I'll try buckling them and see if it fixes it. I've owned/driven/been in a lot of cars and never seen a car rattle like this. Wish they could check the entire car for rattles and remove all of them. My nickname for this car is "the rattler".

There are some issues and suggested fixes from these youtube videos.

Old 05-15-2023, 01:29 AM
atwong1
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 97 Likes on 55 Posts

I know we all love the roar of our engines, but those annoying rattles and noises? Not so much. I understand how even a small rattle can disturb the joy of the ride.

That's why I put my engineering background to use and created an easy-to-follow guide on how to find and fix those pesky car rattles. It includes a unique set of vibration simulation mp3 files - free to use for everyone. You can simulate the necessary vibrations without having to drive around, making it easier and safer to locate the source of the rattle.

Trust me; you'll love the peace and quiet on your next ride. Check it out! https://9xx.com/products/9xx-vehicle...tion-mp3-files

Last edited by atwong1; 05-15-2023 at 10:17 AM.

Quick Reply: Interior rattle noise from the back