Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Allow dealer to wash/detail on delivery???

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 08:43 PM
Driven991
Racer

Received 91 Likes on 36 Posts

Unless you can see the kind of work thwy do first, iI would use caution. Once saw a dealership detail guy washing a car with a brush.
Old 04-17-2018, 09:41 PM
abe
Burning Brakes

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Lexapro, Prozac, and Zoloft are great medications .... It is just a car and not worth obsessing over it so I just let them do there thing. These are dime a dozen cars these days. If it were a collectors Gullwing or 540k Mercedes...that's a different story.

No...I am not spoiled and rich, just older and wiser to know where my priorities are and what is really important in life.
Abe IMO
Old 04-17-2018, 10:06 PM
JPMD
Rennlist Member

Received 139 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Ervin Wu
I don't tell the dealer what to do. Just let them do their thing.
Same here.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:08 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 369 Likes on 123 Posts

Looks like the ship is another day late now... But finally navigating the ship channel in Houston and should unload the car tomorrow morning, so if all stars align, tomorrow night I may be posting pics here.

I've decided to arrive at the dealership when the vehicle is in transit from the port so I can see it being delivered (just for fun), and see them take off the plastic, rinse the vehicle and inspect any damages/defects, etc. I can correct most minor issues myself with no problems at all, but want to make sure there are no issues here. After they finish the PDI, I will drive it home, and next morning have it at the detailer to install the PPF.

I think I mentioned this in another thread, but when I sold my 18 month old Macan GTS a couple of months ago, I told my buyer that I would discount $500 of the purchase price for every NEW vehicle in the showroom which had the paint in better condition than my 18 month old Macan. There were 5 vehicles inside and 3 more on the driveway. Total discount = $0. ALL of the NEW vehicles had minor scuffs, swirls, or hairlines. Nothing bad, but what you would expect from dry-dusting a vehicle in a showroom everyday. The Macan looked like it was a mirror. A clean mirror, that is

Hopefully I will be able to do the same to the T. And no, it is not an obsession, it is a hobby, and a very enjoyable one at that!

Cheers and once again thank you all for your insights.!!!
Old 04-18-2018, 10:05 AM
DaveGee
Rennlist Member

Received 464 Likes on 259 Posts

Good luck Alex. After sitting in the port for a week, mine arrived at the dealer yesterday. Flatbed scheduled for Friday to Moe.DaveGee
Old 04-18-2018, 10:20 AM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 369 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGee

Good luck Alex. After sitting in the port for a week, mine arrived at the dealer yesterday. Flatbed scheduled for Friday to Moe.DaveGee
Congrats!

Hope mine does not have to sit one week at the port!!!! Looks like mine was unloaded this morning. Can't. Wait. Any. Longer.
Old 04-18-2018, 12:38 PM
GR997S
Rennlist Member

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Nice pic.
Old 06-17-2018, 12:42 AM
saildoc
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Here’s how I took delivery of my GT3

I had them leave all the film on the car for the 2000 mile trip to my house. I checked everything over carefully with my hand sliding over the panels that were still wrapped-everything is good so far. Will peel off the wrapping and do a careful wash before sending off to get full XPEL.

Quick Reply: Allow dealer to wash/detail on delivery???