Sponsored by:

Dealer discount on order

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2018, 03:39 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ChicagoWhale

You are correct, good sir! Everything you posted is true.

The only car car that is currently open to PTS is September (or later) GT2RS allocations. Or any Leipzig productions.

Now, all that being said, I have a sneaky feeling 2-3 PTS GT3RS’s might have “accidentally” gotten approval in the US. There’s always exceptions...
Jerry Seinfeld, Roger Penske, Michael ***?
Old 04-18-2018, 03:44 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nilaz
I believe we are saying same info. PTS is not available on the current production line. Very limited application to specific GT cars.

Therefore is almost impossible for GTS and PTS color.
PTS is available on the current production line. Only limited to the amount of people willing to pay for it.
Old 06-04-2018, 02:03 PM
tvad
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by subshooter
Guys that are getting more than 5% off are getting exceptional and rare deals. I think (my opinion) that most folks who respond to threads like these got good deals, traded in cars so their good discount is actually masked or got a car off the lot that nobody wanted. The folks who paid MSRP or who only got 1-2% off generally don't respond to these threads so the appearance is that 5 - 10% off is the norm. It is not.
I was told MSRP...and "maybe" $1000 off "to earn my business" for a 2019 early October delivery 991.2 Carrera. This is a Southern California dealer from whom I purchased a 2014 CPO 991.1, so I have an established relationship...or so I thought.

I think the MSRP quote is ridiculous. Am I wrong?

Should I simply use a blanket email approach to Internet Sales Managers for the best price?
Old 06-04-2018, 04:35 PM
goldduster
Rennlist Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

+1 for Subshooter. If its the car you want, be prepared to try to negotiate, but you may not get it as low as you'd like. At that point take the dealers offer/counter or walk away. For sure, at this price level its better to pay a little more and get what you want!
Old 06-04-2018, 04:56 PM
tvad
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by goldduster
+1 for Subshooter. If its the car you want, be prepared to try to negotiate, but you may not get it as low as you'd like. At that point take the dealers offer/counter or walk away. For sure, at this price level its better to pay a little more and get what you want!
Right. I negotiated 4% when I bought a custom order 2014 981S. So, I was taken aback by the dealer's meager offer of $1000 off MSRP for the custom ordered 991.2 Carrera.

Quick Reply: Dealer discount on order