Sponsored by:

911 T owners club

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2018, 02:57 PM
sampelligrino
Drifting

Received 457 Likes on 272 Posts

Originally Posted by bonn72
I’m just really OCD and was even considering not screwing the plate in but using automotive tape. I gave in though and then this happened. Couldn’t even sleep last night. I know it’s small and is covered by the plate, but it’s the most I’ve ever spent on a car and is my dream car.
Honestly I wouldn't worry too much about it, just my humble opinion. Life can happen fast and there could be a real reason you can't enjoy the car. I was in the same boat with my GT3 until I decided I just wanted to enjoy my car while I have the opportunity to. Cracked my windshield a week into ownership and decided all good now I look at it as the more wear and tear the better, as it means the car was enjoyed and not saved for the next guy. I still would definitely ask the dealer to fix it as this case is a bit different and make it right, but try to still enjoy the car and have some fun in the mean time. Can always be worse
Old 11-24-2018, 03:40 PM
Tass
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 8 Posts

My car showed up last week and today I finally had time to wash it, I did euro delivery and told my local dealership to leave it alone. It will be going to my detail guy soon but I couldn't stand to look at it in the garage all dirty :-)

Old 11-24-2018, 04:01 PM
G99x.y
Pro

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts

Stunning. The yellow ceramics against silver ... 😎
Old 11-24-2018, 04:11 PM
Haliax
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 25 Posts

Beautiful car Tass! Welcome to the T Club! Excellent color choice also!
Old 11-24-2018, 04:53 PM
Ikone
Burning Brakes

Received 581 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by sampelligrino
Honestly I wouldn't worry too much about it, just my humble opinion. Life can happen fast and there could be a real reason you can't enjoy the car. I was in the same boat with my GT3 until I decided I just wanted to enjoy my car while I have the opportunity to. Cracked my windshield a week into ownership and decided all good now I look at it as the more wear and tear the better, as it means the car was enjoyed and not saved for the next guy. I still would definitely ask the dealer to fix it as this case is a bit different and make it right, but try to still enjoy the car and have some fun in the mean time. Can always be worse
Thanks for the positive words. I know it's just a tiny little tap with the screw and it's covered by the plate. I think instead of having them 'fix' it and make it even more visible (to me at least), I'll just put a drop of touch up on it. I'm now thinking of not going with PPF. What's the point. These things will continue to happen.
Old 11-24-2018, 06:04 PM
alex_c
Rennlist Member

Received 360 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by bonn72
Thanks for the positive words. I know it's just a tiny little tap with the screw and it's covered by the plate. I think instead of having them 'fix' it and make it even more visible (to me at least), I'll just put a drop of touch up on it. I'm now thinking of not going with PPF. What's the point. These things will continue to happen.
Just install one of Tom's license plate mounts and it will cover it while giving you a great mounting solution.

Here you can see the mounts https://rennlist.com/forums/991/1069742-got-my-pca-plates-and-tom-s-plate-mounts.html
Old 11-24-2018, 06:13 PM
Ikone
Burning Brakes

Received 581 Likes on 274 Posts

Originally Posted by alex_c
Just install one of Tom's license plate mounts and it will cover it while giving you a great mounting solution.

Here you can see the mounts https://rennlist.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1069742
I had actually contacted him about those a couple of weeks before delivery but never heard back. Would have definitely avoided this issue. I think it's too late now though. Holes are in the plastic, which is normal if they are where they should be. At least the plate covers it, as I said before. It's just a shame to wait almost all my life to get my dream ride and then this kind of thing, which is so avoidable.
Old 11-24-2018, 06:24 PM
Guaji
Racer

Received 265 Likes on 137 Posts

Hello Carrera T owners. I was writing in another thread in regards to trading my 718 GTS for a Carrera T. Seems like most owners are pleased with their T. If I do purchased the pre owned 911 T that I have my eye on, do you think it will be possible to de badge the model designation without much complication? I like a video that I saw by a Swedish guy, Jako Lind, with model delete and door decal delete. It had the black stone protector behind the door like a club sport.

Any common issues? I have been watching the P Life videos and I see that he had some rattles. Is it easy to get used to the closely space gearing in the manual, considering that it is a 7 speed?
Old 11-24-2018, 06:27 PM
golfguy11800
Track Day

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Beautiful cars!
Old 11-24-2018, 06:54 PM
tgavem
Three Wheelin'

Received 196 Likes on 117 Posts

Guaji, you can debadge with gentle heat and dental floss or fishing line. However, not recommended on black or white cars as an imprint will be left in the clear coat. I asked a detailer about it on my white car one week after taking delivery and he recommended against it.
Old 11-24-2018, 08:53 PM
CamsPorsche
Race Car

Received 385 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by Tass
My car showed up last week and today I finally had time to wash it, I did euro delivery and told my local dealership to leave it alone. It will be going to my detail guy soon but I couldn't stand to look at it in the garage all dirty :-)

Looks great!
Old 11-24-2018, 09:31 PM
Guaji
Racer

Received 265 Likes on 137 Posts

Originally Posted by tgavem
Guaji, you can debadge with gentle heat and dental floss or fishing line. However, not recommended on black or white cars as an imprint will be left in the clear coat. I asked a detailer about it on my white car one week after taking delivery and he recommended against it.
Thanks for the reply....I like the clean look de badged, but I guess it will have to stay if I get the 911 T that i am looking at.
Old 11-25-2018, 09:27 AM
ohniner
Rennlist Member

Received 277 Likes on 134 Posts

The badges are lightweight plastic and are just stuck on with double sided tape. As said before GENTLE heat, dental floss and off they come. Remove left over adhesive with 3M adhesive remover or goof off. Then a little polish and wax and your good to go. The badges do not damage the clear coat.
WARNINGS: if the car is not new and has been exposed to a lot of sunlight, the paint under the badge will NOT have faded due to sunlight and a ghosting image of the badge will remain.
Also if your car has been ceramic coated, the adhesive remover will melt the coating and make a mess.
SUGGESTION: before debadging take a picture of the car with badges, print it out and take measurements so if needed you can replace the badges. Take lots of measurements as new badges are not in strips just one letter at a time.
I’ve debadged white, black, silver cars with no issues as long as they are still relatively new.
Old 11-26-2018, 09:53 PM
Haliax
Racer

Received 68 Likes on 25 Posts

Ok, I tackled my first major modification this evening: removing the shiny black plastic trim and installing Anthracite brushed aluminum trim. Overall it went pretty smooth. I had one stubborn clip on the center console piece, but otherwise everything came out and went in without much fuss or damage.

I’m curious to see how it looks in daylight but I think I’m going to like it. No more fingerprints or dust showing.

Old 11-26-2018, 10:01 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 706 Likes on 425 Posts

Looks great! Shouldve come with aluminum trim from the factory. Strong work

Quick Reply: 911 T owners club