Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Did I purchase the right side markers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2018, 03:01 AM
AlexLou
Instructor

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Did I purchase the right side markers?

Sorry to ask this question, I received these markers today but I won’t take delivery of my C4S till next Tuesday so I don’t know if these are the right one.
Just like everyone else, I couldn’t resist but started buying stuff for my 911 even before I have it lol. And these are the only smoked markers on EBay, and I think they would match my GT silver color better than clear ones. To my surprise, these are even LEDs (and seller included 2 regular orange bulbs on the side as well )! The reason I’m asking, is when I try to order these, EBay system says they don’t fit my car, but they look exactly like what I can see from online pictures so I bought them anyways.
can someone check? They are way cheaper than most other clear LED side markers, so if they don’t fit, it won’t be a big loss, I will just have to order from Suncoast instead.
Thank you!

Last edited by AlexLou; 03-25-2018 at 03:17 AM.
Old 03-25-2018, 07:37 AM
wareaglescott
Burning Brakes

Received 99 Likes on 57 Posts

Says 911 13 on the box. I would think they are correct and that indicates a 2013 model year part. All the 991 cars are the same. No difference for the .2 My guess is eBay thinks it is incorrect because it does not recognize the 2018 model yet or something.
Old 03-25-2018, 07:40 AM
tstafford
Race Car

Received 1,085 Likes on 621 Posts

They look right to me. And I’ve done the swap a number of times.

Technically not all 991 are the same. But I believe only the RS is different.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:12 AM
STG
Race Director

Received 200 Likes on 142 Posts

They don't look like a OEM Porsche part.

OEM parts don't come with that sticker.

There are bulb clear ones and LED clear ones. Check the Suncoast website for details. The LED version is more $.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:51 AM
R_Rated
Banned

Received 42 Likes on 33 Posts

Those look like cheap knock offs with etching in the plastic to look like an LED version but with a bulb. We're not talking about thousands in savings to take a shortcut here.... would recommend just going to suncoast.
Old 03-25-2018, 09:54 AM
LexVan
Banned

Received 5,402 Likes on 2,513 Posts

The real deal clear LED amber side lights are about $130 IIRC. They are also a shaped lighting element.

You don't want a clear lens with an amber bulb. We call that the sunny side up look.
Old 03-25-2018, 10:21 AM
oolor13
Racer

Received 40 Likes on 24 Posts

They don’t look like the LED ones to me.
Old 03-25-2018, 11:24 AM
subshooter
Rennlist Member

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,015 Posts

Agree with above comments. I have done the swap with LEDs on my 911 and on my Boxster. I paid $160 bucks for the 911 LEDs. Ouch.
Old 03-25-2018, 12:47 PM
AlexLou
Instructor

Please read my post, I bought them since these were cheap, but also they are smoked color so I wanna see how it looks on my car with GT silver color. And these are LEDs as well.
I’m glad these will fit so I can see how it looks on my car, if the fitment is not perfect or the lighting looks cheap, I will just have to get another pair from Suncoast.
BTW, I’m too new to this, and I thought all clear markers are aftermarket, since Porsche sold us the car with orange ones only... So the ones Suncoast sells are OEM? How come we can’t get it when spec our car? Is it European version?
Old 03-25-2018, 12:50 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by AlexLou
Please read my post, I bought them since these were cheap, but also they are smoked color so I wanna see how it looks on my car with GT silver color. And these are LEDs as well.
I’m glad these will fit so I can see how it looks on my car, if the fitment is not perfect or the lighting looks cheap, I will just have to get another pair from Suncoast.
BTW, I’m too new to this, and I thought all clear markers are aftermarket, since Porsche sold us the car with orange ones only... So the ones Suncoast sells are OEM? How come we can’t get it when spec our car? Is it European version?
Euro spec
Old 03-25-2018, 12:52 PM
AlexLou
Instructor

Ahh that explained it.
Old 03-25-2018, 01:00 PM
R_Rated
Banned

Originally Posted by AlexLou
Ahh that explained it.
Since you're new - just know [and you may already] that Porsche is a premium brand with a high percentage of owners that mod and tinker. As the result, everyone in the aftermarket wants a piece of the Porsche owner demographic. Owning a Porsche is an emotional choice that makes no reasonable sense. Modding even slightly is even less logical. Aftermarket knows this. I say all this to say that anything aftermarket for these cars is a crapshoot. There are some reasonably priced brands that make great products that fit right and work well and some outrageously priced products that look neat in online marketing propaganda but fit horribly and are made cheaply with poor quality. Price isn't even always an accurate measurement.

This is why we are collectively skeptical of something aftermarket that mimics OEM and for something so relatively inexpensive and would rather skip the drama of getting cheap parts and just pay a little more for something proven.
Old 03-25-2018, 01:20 PM
Needsdecaf
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 2,580 Likes on 1,603 Posts

Suncoast has ones that have a dark background. They are great and look great
Old 03-25-2018, 01:49 PM
72offsuit
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by R_Rated
Since you're new - just know [and you may already] that Porsche is a premium brand with a high percentage of owners that mod and tinker. As the result, everyone in the aftermarket wants a piece of the Porsche owner demographic. Owning a Porsche is an emotional choice that makes no reasonable sense. Modding even slightly is even less logical. Aftermarket knows this. I say all this to say that anything aftermarket for these cars is a crapshoot. There are some reasonably priced brands that make great products that fit right and work well and some outrageously priced products that look neat in online marketing propaganda but fit horribly and are made cheaply with poor quality. Price isn't even always an accurate measurement.

This is why we are collectively skeptical of something aftermarket that mimics OEM and for something so relatively inexpensive and would rather skip the drama of getting cheap parts and just pay a little more for something proven.
This ^
Old 03-25-2018, 08:52 PM
DBH
Three Wheelin'

Received 453 Likes on 305 Posts

Sorry, the box says they're for a "911 CARERRA", not a Porsche model!!

Quick Reply: Did I purchase the right side markers?