Notices
991 2012-2019
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally my first Porsche, well first two Porsche :)

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2018 | 11:49 PM
991 Dreamer
Advanced

Congratulations and welcome to the club. I also had 4 previous BMW’s before my 911; however, i could only afford one Porsche at time. Well done!
Old 03-19-2018 | 12:27 AM
guab
Pro

Originally Posted by skiahh
Oh, no... you NEED to go back. Drive that 911 over, with your wife following in hers. Find the sales manager, GM and owner and tell them this is what their abject greed and despicable markup gets them. And make sure they know it's not just the loss of two sales, but all future sales from previously loyal BMWers.

Then turn and walk out.
I would agree but I doubt they'd care. TMM. And Porsche dealers play the same games with GT cars (as everyone knows). It sucks though that he had such a bad experience either way. This is the 2nd dealer I have heard asking a $25k markup on a new M5. Hilarious.
Old 03-19-2018 | 02:07 AM
neil.schneider
Drifting

Originally Posted by guab
I would agree but I doubt they'd care. TMM. And Porsche dealers play the same games with GT cars (as everyone knows). It sucks though that he had such a bad experience either way. This is the 2nd dealer I have heard asking a $25k markup on a new M5. Hilarious.
Porsche dealers do the same thing on hot cars. The 991.2 GT3 is also going for 25k over list.
Old 03-19-2018 | 03:16 AM
AlexLou
Instructor

Thank you everyone for the kind words

Maybe it’s me trying to be the first to have the M5 this time, I usually pretty sensible and
try to lease models that have a lot of incentives. But I even tried the purchased route for the
M5, which dealer couldn’t rip me off with crazy lease numbers (the sales told me no one in the
country has residual/MF for M5 yet, yeah right!), but guess what, with my 800 credit score, they
insist on financing me the car at 7.49%! That’s when I said enough and walked out the there.

One of the things that keep me away from Porsche before was Porsche lease program, as you
all know it’s way more than Bmw. But thanks to Bmw this time, leasing my 140k+ C4S is cheaper
thsn the M5 lol. I’m sure since I have the two P-cars now, I will stay with Porsche for a long time

Now can’t wait to take delievry of wife’s Cayenne tomorrow! My 911 would be couple of days later
since they have to fix my wheel rash..... urgh! Can’t wait!

Quick Reply: Finally my first Porsche, well first two Porsche :)