Sponsored by:

‘18 C4S Night Blue full body paint protection film install

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2018, 09:38 PM
wlscrib
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Gjon777
Thinking about getting the PPF at a local installer vs shipping it out to esoteric? any thought? is it worth it? how is the fit and finish after they remove parts to install the PPF film?
also is a coating on top of the PPF recommended or not?
Mine is with Moe now so will find out soon but knowing his reputation I’m feeling good. I picked Moe as he is one of the best and I knew there would be some disassembly to get the best results. To answer your question, I would consider shipping so you know your installer is proficient with the Porsche and putting back in same condition as when arrived. I also opted yes for the Cquartz finest reserve nano on top of the PPF. The nano will protect the film as well with nano creating its own bond to within its molecules to seal alloy, poly’s, etc. I think 72offsuit and Avalon911 pics below show that well.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:57 PM
wlscrib
Intermediate

Originally Posted by scsuperfan
Subscribed. My Night Blue '18 C2S will be going to Moe in about a month. Can't wait!!
I hear you Cant wait to get mine back. Good choice!
Old 04-17-2018, 10:00 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 708 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by Gjon777
Thinking about getting the PPF at a local installer vs shipping it out to esoteric? any thought? is it worth it? how is the fit and finish after they remove parts to install the PPF film?
also is a coating on top of the PPF recommended or not?
a capable and knowledgeable installer that specializes in Porsches knows all the ins-and-outs of the vehicle and is privey to all the neuances and knows where all the hidden bolts, panels, compartments are. Porsche is also great as they have checks-and-balances of how panels like to “settle” into place if you know what you’re looking for.

Just go to any shop you’re considering and ask them to show you their process for a Porsche; that should make it much easier to choose the right shop for you.

I’m not sure who the other shop is you’re considering, but Esoteric does great work. I haven’t had the pleasure of seeing their work up close, but the attention to detail in their photos shows great promise.
Old 04-17-2018, 12:13 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thumbs up UPDATE

Windows tinted with Huper Optik NanoCeramic window film. Client not a huge fan of tint, but reducing the sun's heat and glare, while protecting interior surfaces and occupants with UV rejection, made tinting a great option. The color is just subtle enough that one cannot tell if vehicle is even tinted, Very timeless and classic look:

Prepped for PPF:

Install begins:

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

Full extensions allow us to have a seamless and near undetectable installation:

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

Door complete in one seamless piece:

​​​​​​​
Old 04-17-2018, 07:50 PM
bsmit
Rennlist Member

Default Bumper/Fender Wrap Edge w/PPF

Moe, What has been your experience wrapping edges on both the bumper and the fender. My local PPF "expert" indicated they have a had a few cars come back with bubbles because the fitment is so tight there and there isn't enough space for opposing wrap surfaces in the space. He indicated that over time the vibration or bumps have caused the edges to wear and separate from the panels so he cuts to the edge on that seam. Laziness or legit?

Any insight would be helpful-thanks!
Old 04-18-2018, 12:13 AM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by bsmit
Moe, What has been your experience wrapping edges on both the bumper and the fender. My local PPF "expert" indicated they have a had a few cars come back with bubbles because the fitment is so tight there and there isn't enough space for opposing wrap surfaces in the space. He indicated that over time the vibration or bumps have caused the edges to wear and separate from the panels so he cuts to the edge on that seam. Laziness or legit?

Any insight would be helpful-thanks!
as it relates to 911, we have had great success with wrapping BOTH edges.
Old 05-09-2018, 04:16 PM
MoeMistry
Premium Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Cool UPDATE

We've been quite busy at the asylum and I've been backlogged on updating projects. This project finally went home yesterday and here's her journey over the past few weeks:

Custom Doors

One-piece sides

Hood and front end complete

Headlights are an area of controversy. We recommend installation on ALL our projects.Just make sure your installer has done MANY of these and is comfortable.

Here's an example of a typical headlight after about 1000 miles. Surface is soft and gets chipped easy. However, the film still hides the imperfections well.

Rear bumper - one of the most challenging installations on ANY car

Edges wrapped inside rear bumper edges for aesthetics and maximum durability

All-new OEM emblems installed using Porsche factory jig. This adds about $400-500 to the installation, but we feel it's the correct action.

Rear Hatch with edges wrapped into the vent area

GPS antenna removed for a seamless installation

Mirrors done in one piece

And that's a wrap folks!!!

After a 200-mile trip back home, she stayed clean thanks to the nano coating applied to the film

Old 05-09-2018, 04:39 PM
HenryPcar
Three Wheelin'

Received 233 Likes on 168 Posts

Stunning !!!!
Old 05-09-2018, 06:01 PM
Andial
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MoeMistry
We've been quite busy at the asylum and I've been backlogged on updating projects. This project finally went home yesterday and here's her journey over the past few weeks:

Custom Doors

One-piece sides

Hood and front end complete

Headlights are an area of controversy. We recommend installation on ALL our projects.Just make sure your installer has done MANY of these and is comfortable.

Here's an example of a typical headlight after about 1000 miles. Surface is soft and gets chipped easy. However, the film still hides the imperfections well.

Rear bumper - one of the most challenging installations on ANY car

Edges wrapped inside rear bumper edges for aesthetics and maximum durability

All-new OEM emblems installed using Porsche factory jig. This adds about $400-500 to the installation, but we feel it's the correct action.

Rear Hatch with edges wrapped into the vent area

GPS antenna removed for a seamless installation

Mirrors done in one piece

And that's a wrap folks!!!

After a 200-mile trip back home, she stayed clean thanks to the nano coating applied to the film

Isn't that the Satellite Radio Antenna and not GPS?
Old 05-09-2018, 08:56 PM
72offsuit
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Beautiful work, you will love the ease of maintenance and peace of mind that the car is protected all around. I am very happy I did my TTS worth the time and expense IMHO. Enjoy!
Old 05-10-2018, 12:56 AM
hayn911gt3
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Awesome work Moe! I cannot wait for you to work on my GT3! Can you pm me your email and cell # when you can. Talk to you soon.
Old 05-10-2018, 02:28 PM
wlscrib
Intermediate

Originally Posted by 72offsuit
Beautiful work, you will love the ease of maintenance and peace of mind that the car is protected all around. I am very happy I did my TTS worth the time and expense IMHO. Enjoy!
Thx, it came out of the shop and I was blown away. Agree on time and expense for ease of mind, appearance, and easier maintenance as will be nearly daily driver.
Old 05-10-2018, 02:35 PM
wlscrib
Intermediate

Originally Posted by hayn911gt3
Awesome work Moe! I cannot wait for you to work on my GT3! Can you pm me your email and cell # when you can. Talk to you soon.
It’s well worth the wait. I also recommend listening to Moe’s recommendations. I fought him on the huper 60 ceramic window tint and now is one aspect I like most about the “new” car. He’s definitely the car whisperer! Now just waiting for car to arrive in MT per carrier.
Old 05-11-2018, 12:22 AM
mdrobc1213
Rennlist Member

Received 721 Likes on 391 Posts

Originally Posted by MoeMistry
Windows tinted with Huper Optik NanoCeramic window film. Client not a huge fan of tint, but reducing the sun's heat and glare, while protecting interior surfaces and occupants with UV rejection, made tinting a great option. The color is just subtle enough that one cannot tell if vehicle is even tinted, Very timeless and classic look:

Prepped for PPF:

Install begins:

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

Full extensions allow us to have a seamless and near undetectable installation:

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​

Door complete in one seamless piece:

​​​​​​​
Now that is just amazing work! If even in the area and in need...know where to go! Where are you guys again in California?
Old 05-11-2018, 01:25 AM
JAhmed
Rennlist Member

Received 1,777 Likes on 756 Posts

Incredible work!!!

Quick Reply: ‘18 C4S Night Blue full body paint protection film install