Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Smoking Package replacement door?

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 01:16 PM
bwiele
Pro

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Smoking Package replacement door?

Hi. I just picked up a pre-owned Macan over the weekend (adding a stable mate to my current 911). The door to the Smoking Package has a silver metal detail to it which is missing, so now there's a groove on the door with some residual adhesive that I just can't clean out. Suncoast sells the whole Smoking Package kit for $79, but I'm guessing that it's a bit of a project to remove and replace the whole unit. As silly as it seems, I'm willing to pay the $79 to get it to look right. My questions are these: (1) does anyone have the details or any experience with installing the Smoking Package and (2) is it possible to just swap the door and not mess with changing out the whole unit? I'm pretty handy and I'd be comfortable with some amount of DIY disassembly if it's not too crazy.

Thanks in advance.

[I'm posting this here because there's more activity than the Macan forum. The kit is identical between the 2 cars from what I can tell.]

Last edited by bwiele; 03-15-2018 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Clarification
Old 03-15-2018, 01:52 PM
bwiele
Pro

So I found some instructions on the macanforum about how to install the Smoking Package. Seems pretty doable.

I'm still curious to know if anyone knows of a way to just pop out the door and replace it with the door from the new kit? That would seem to be the definite easiest solution. Thanks!
Old 03-15-2018, 03:01 PM
Rennolazine
Rennlist Member

Received 758 Likes on 448 Posts

Whole smoking package install takes 5 minutes. Dont mess around with the door. Not worth it
Old 03-15-2018, 04:59 PM
bwiele
Pro

OK, good feedback. Any tricks or pointers on popping out that center console trim that it's attached to? I have the full set of trim tools, just a bit unsure where to start.
Old 03-15-2018, 08:38 PM
Sidvicious7
Burning Brakes

Received 133 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by bwiele
OK, good feedback. Any tricks or pointers on popping out that center console trim that it's attached to? I have the full set of trim tools, just a bit unsure where to start.
Here is a video that shows a quick and simple way to remove the Combined Switch Center Console. You also need to pry the trim (see part #8) and the side panels. Refer to the link to guide you. The harness to the switch console is first unplugged and you need to slide the ashtray forward. The ashtray also has a three pin harness you will need to detach.

Quick Reply: Smoking Package replacement door?