Sponsored by:

I'm Feelin' Good

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 06:42 PM
TheRealBob
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I'm Feelin' Good

After not too many emails back and forth with my salesman, I'll be heading down on Monday to configure and finalize things. I'm very pleased with the deal we struck, and filled with anticipation.
After all your great suggestions, I think I've built a car that will make me very happy. It may not suit everybody, but I love it. In case your interested - PJ9ZYLC8

Thanks for all the good ideas on my first build.

Bob
Old 03-13-2018, 07:55 PM
computertom
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 25 Posts

Beautiful build. I'd make super sure you want that yellow sc dial though. They're bright! And are you sure you don't want the Bose? In for a penny ...

-Tom
Old 03-13-2018, 08:28 PM
TheRealBob
Intermediate

Originally Posted by computertom
Beautiful build. I'd make super sure you want that yellow sc dial though. They're bright! And are you sure you don't want the Bose? In for a penny ...

-Tom
I've waffled on the Bose, but just feel that for me personally that its unnecessary. Honestly, I enjoy the car sounds more than the music.
Interesting on the yellow being bright. Do you mean the back-lighting or the color itself? If it's just brightness, I guess it would be adjustable, so you must mean the shade of yellow. I might have to dig into that a bit.
Anyway, thanks for the comments.

Bob
Old 03-14-2018, 12:20 AM
_RS_
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 62 Posts

Looks great, Bob. What's the current delivery time estimate?
Old 03-14-2018, 01:02 AM
koala
Rennlist Member

Received 535 Likes on 314 Posts

Great build. Don't worry about Bose, it's a garbage audio system in this car. The important sound is out back anyway
Old 03-14-2018, 01:23 AM
Papa Fittig
Burning Brakes

Received 88 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by koala
Great build. Don't worry about Bose, it's a garbage audio system in this car. The important sound is out back anyway
..and the name of that best sound option is NA 3.8 Sorry, can't help but say
Old 03-14-2018, 09:11 AM
Hurricane
Race Car

Received 653 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by computertom

-Tom
Very nice build! It will be stunning in person.

I agree with computertom, though. Are you really, really sure about the yellow SC? It won't match the other gauges and isn't the greatest color for that interior.

Don't get me wrong - I had all yellow gauges in my last 991.1S - but they matched with the seatbelts and the yellow PCCBs and added a splash of color to an otherwise black interior. Having the SC a different color than the gauges (and one that really doesn't go well with your interior) would give me pause. YMMV.

Good luck!
Old 03-14-2018, 12:24 PM
TheRealBob
Intermediate

Originally Posted by _RS_
Looks great, Bob. What's the current delivery time estimate?
I've not actually met the salesman yet, but after some back and forth they have emailed me a quote on my build. Actually it was by far the best new car negotiation that I've ever had.
I have an appointment for an oil change on my BMW on Monday, and Porsche is right next door, so will have the sit down on Mon. I guess I should have asked about the build date, but it just didn't occur to me.

Bob
Old 03-14-2018, 12:32 PM
TheRealBob
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Hurricane
Very nice build! It will be stunning in person.

I agree with computertom, though. Are you really, really sure about the yellow SC? It won't match the other gauges and isn't the greatest color for that interior.

Don't get me wrong - I had all yellow gauges in my last 991.1S - but they matched with the seatbelts and the yellow PCCBs and added a splash of color to an otherwise black interior. Having the SC a different color than the gauges (and one that really doesn't go well with your interior) would give me pause. YMMV.

Good luck!
Actually I've been waiting for people to weigh-in on the yellow, because I did have some level of uncertainty. I have enough doubt now to give it the kibosh.
Thank goodness I've had so many good suggestions, so I don't have to look like a total nitwit to my salesman.
Old 03-14-2018, 12:42 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

Originally Posted by TheRealBob
Actually I've been waiting for people to weigh-in on the yellow, because I did have some level of uncertainty. I have enough doubt now to give it the kibosh.
Thank goodness I've had so many good suggestions, so I don't have to look like a total nitwit to my salesman.
I can understand your reasons for passing on the Bose but that yellow really jumped out at me. I would make it white like the other gauges. Otherwise, I think it really hurts what is an AMAZING interior you have picked out.
Old 03-14-2018, 12:47 PM
Hurricane
Race Car

And you picked the best color! I love sapphire blue!

Here is mine, hopefully getting on a ship and heading to the states very soon:

https://www.porsche.com/microsite/po...px?c=/PJKBZEJ1
Old 03-14-2018, 02:57 PM
TheRealBob
Intermediate

I was originally going to go with the GTS, but heard about some turbo problems, so I dropped back a notch. I'm sure it's nothing to worry about, and limited to a small number of turbo's, but just me steering on the side of caution.
When my BMW was put out to sea, I tracked it every day, and was sure the ship would encounter conditions that at the very least would batter it beyond recognition. Amazingly, It was turned over to me looking perfect. It didn't even have dealer installed swirls.
Your build is great. It looks like a hardcore racin' machine. The sapphire really nails it for me. My present car is dark metallic grey, which looks stunning in the sun, but like a mud pie on cloudy days. I hope to avoid that drastic change with the sapphire.

Take care,
Bob
Old 03-14-2018, 03:59 PM
David in Talent
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BEAUTIFUL build ! I have the Espresso/Cognac interior on my '16 GTS and LOVE it. I agree with nixing the yellow sport chrono. I went with all black gauges which are much easier to read. I did not like the aluminum color gauge that came with the S and the all black gauges were a NO COST option.

I had considered the color painted rocker panels but I had them on my previous C4S and they got badly chipped from road debris and looked terrible after a few miles. There is a REASON that the rockers come unpainted as standard . For that reason I would nix the painted rocker panels.
Old 03-14-2018, 04:14 PM
Dan Nagy
Rennlist Member

Received 2,212 Likes on 1,114 Posts

That's the first time to see your build. I see you have the RWS and PCCB - you have this set up well for your autocross!
Old 03-14-2018, 04:52 PM
Sharm
Pro

Received 73 Likes on 42 Posts

Thanks for sharing..

FWIW, I also vote Nay on the yellow chrono dial.

Also, no PSE? Not sure how it sounds on a turbo as I have the NA but I would easily trade a lot of that leather for it. It's 50% of what I enjoy on the car 2, 3 yrs later. The interior you will forget soon after the 'new' feeling wears off.

Quick Reply: I'm Feelin' Good